OmniaTMC Beta 2 (and unofficial Beta 3)

Guest BeamRider

Guest Fabione72
I'm investigating a funny issue with tuning (sometimes the tune function is drifting of about 0.1 MHz due to the frequency conversion) ... I don't think that's your situation but maybe. Anyway is your RDS quality bar (the green one in iGO) showing high or low quality?

That's very high. most of the time is at maximum level.

PS

I tried again this morning: it worked immediately. Only difference: satellite were fixed (yesterday I tried in a building: no satellite).

some additional info (probably it does not have anything to do with my problem):

- I'm used advanced GPS setting (EXTRA enabled + auto update)

- I'm running other applications that often automatically connects to the internet via WAP connection (bad interactions, maybe?)

- my iGO detects the GPS using COM-3 only (GPS-TMC mixed signal in com-4: no GPS detected).

bye

Guest BeamRider
Hey Beamrider,

thought about the sound issue again and as far as I'm not on an old status of knowledge concerning that problem, some of us are experiencing that problem, others aren't.

What do you think about that part of sys.txt:

I already tried, it doesn't seems to affect the audio problem on my system. Actually, as I said I'm not experiencing it anymore.

Edit: Installed 9.4.1. succesfully, but iGo sound issue still remains, wether "INTERNAL" or "NO CHANGE" chosen at omniaTMC unfortunately. Disappears when Headset disconnected.

This is really interesting. I'm planning to completely remove audio path processing from the original driver because I seen that it continuously tries to access audio configuration during normal radio operations. That could cause some issues when other software is accessing too. Just another guess...

it says CA-TMC (code is ok)

when i tried to check the traffic info it is noting it says no information about the traffic.

whats wrong?

i'm hungarian so i use the igo in hungarian language.i have the igo8 8.3.1.57021

whit the usa 2007,1 map.

CA-TMC (code ok) means that you are receiving TMC data groups, from there I can't be of much help, you can send me a log just to check but without your key I will be unable to decode the data you are getting.

Which TMC service provider are you using? Have you tried with some newer iGO builds? I'm pretty sure that they worked on CA-TMC from 8.0 to 8.3.

Guest BeamRider
I tried again this morning: it worked immediately. Only difference: satellite were fixed (yesterday I tried in a building: no satellite).

Same as me, in 80% of tests I don't have satellite fixes

- I'm used advanced GPS setting (EXTRA enabled + auto update)

- I'm running other applications that often automatically connects to the internet via WAP connection (bad interactions, maybe?)

I'm using GPS Extra but with manual update (worth a try), I don't see how WAP connections could cause issues on FM radio ... just a question: have you tried to monitor CPU usage?

- my iGO detects the GPS using COM-3 only (GPS-TMC mixed signal in com-4: no GPS detected).

Sometime mine too, but it's just related on how iGO uses serial ports. Anyway, apperas that if you have a TMC connected with GPS mixed, it always uses that data.

Guest a3nalin
I already tried, it doesn't seems to affect the audio problem on my system. Actually, as I said I'm not experiencing it anymore.

This is really interesting. I'm planning to completely remove audio path processing from the original driver because I seen that it continuously tries to access audio configuration during normal radio operations. That could cause some issues when other software is accessing too. Just another guess...

@ Part 1:

So what would you suggest in my place? Change iGo Version? (uhh - 8.3.64xxx is what I have, which version you would "recommend"? :lol:)

What did you change to not experiencing it anymore? :lol: :D

@ Part 2:

I totally agree: Since I installed 9.4.1 sometimes the sound via headset completely is gone on WM 6.1 (TouchWiz Sounds, WM sounds, mp3 player sounds ...) itself, even still afterwards if I disconnect and reconnect the headset! --> Doesn't play any sound through headphones then, even if iGo is not running at all

When I disconnect the headset the sound via omnia internal speaker worked always like a charm.

The only way to get the sound on WM back with headset connected was everytime to run omniaTMC from programs, deactivate TMCserialDriver and reactivate it.

Edit:

I'm in contact with another one who experiences this igo sound problem with original headset, but not with a bluetooth headset.

Maybe that's a point where we can start to solve it... :(

His bluetooth-headset is called "Pixika, Model BCK05"

His IGO-version: 8.3.2.80621

His Omnia-TMC version: 0.9.4.1

Edited by a3nalin

Guest robertut

Another problem: no TMC events at all since a coulpe of hours. Restarted iGO, restarted device (soft-reset). TMC receiver is properly detected, signal is strong (100%), station name displayed, current song also (RadioText working) - thus RDS received and decoded. But no TMC events on the list.

On other TMC-enabled receivers, everything is fine (same iGO build, same map version, same license).

Please find attached the logs here: log2_noevents.zip

Hoping for a fix soon.

Edited by robertut

Guest Fabione72
Another problem: no TMC events at all since a coulpe of hours. Restarted iGO, restarted device (soft-reset). TMC receiver is properly detected, signal is strong (100%), station name displayed, current song also (RadioText working) - thus RDS received and decoded. But no TMC events on the list.

On other TMC-enabled receivers, everything is fine (same iGO build, same map version, same license).

Please find attached the logs here: log2_noevents.zip

Hoping for a fix soon.

Hi

You are facing my same issue, see my post from page-10 and feedbacks from BeamRider.

Anyway... I'm still have the same problem... :D

(this morning worked a couple of times, now no way)

Guest robertut

The Omnia facing this problem has no SIM card inserted, it's being used simply as a PDA, without phone functions. Also no Enhanced GPS at all, since no data connections are available.

Edited by robertut

Guest illusion786

Wow all you guys have problems?

Im using it on mine without any. Im using the latest beta and iGO 8.3.2.83157

with socks DXIA5 SK001 rom

Im sure you guys are doing something wrong or it could be your roms.

Edited by illusion786

Guest jclsm
Wow all you guys have problems?

Im using it on mine without any. Im using the latest beta and iGO 8.3.2.

with socks DXIA5 SK001 rom

Im sure you guys are doing something wrong or it could be your roms.

Yeah, me too. No problems so far.

Guest BeamRider

Ok let's sort out thinghs:

Fabione72 is having problems with TMC reception (RDS is ok). Its logs show no TMC group received.

robertut is in the same position of Fabione72 except for the fact that its logs contains TMC data (both received and passed to the NAV)

Just a (stupid) question: does iGO starts with you country map loaded? I mean that iGO default position before first fix is Paris, I experienced no TMC events with no fix because I was receiving an italian TMC and the Fance map was loaded.

To everyone expereincing audio problems, keep posting your guess, but please be patient. I'm working on it.

PS I have 8.3.2.80621

Guest a3nalin
To everyone expereincing audio problems, keep posting your guess, but please be patient. I'm working on it.

PS I have 8.3.2.80621

Damn, as far as the guy with the bluetooth handsfree device is also having 8.3.2.80621 (and in opposite to you also having sound issue), this seems not to be an easy solution for this problem, as I hoped.

So I'll keep on beeing patient. :D :lol:

Guest Chris_J_Lewis
PS I have 8.3.2.80621

Has anyone got this to work in the UK yet?

I can get RDS data showing in the set up application but igo (same version as above) never gets any TMC data.

It recognises the TMC hardware but when i click the 'Use Auto Tuner' option it just sits there at 0.0 MHz and says 'Testing...' underneath.

How long should i leave it like this? Also i know that the TMC in the UK is on Classic FM which is 101.1 MHz around here. how can i stop the auto search now and enter the frequency manually?

Thanks

Chris

p.s. donation defo on its way if i can get this working

Guest illusion786
Has anyone got this to work in the UK yet?

Yep, me :D using iGO 8.3.2.83157

I can get RDS data showing in the set up application but igo (same version as above) never gets any TMC data.

It recognises the TMC hardware but when i click the 'Use Auto Tuner' option it just sits there at 0.0 MHz and says 'Testing...' underneath.

You probably havent got a good signal, try moving the antenna about.

How long should i leave it like this? Also i know that the TMC in the UK is on Classic FM which is 101.1 MHz around here. how can i stop the auto search now and enter the frequency manually?

Just untick the box and tick it again, it will start scanning from start again.

Guest Lazi
CA-TMC (code ok) means that you are receiving TMC data groups, from there I can't be of much help, you can send me a log just to check but without your key I will be unable to decode the data you are getting.

Which TMC service provider are you using? Have you tried with some newer iGO builds? I'm pretty sure that they worked on CA-TMC from 8.0 to 8.3.

I sending to u the log file and if u find something let me know. thanks. What key do u need?

if i can i give it to u. thanks again.

Guest Lazi
I sending to u the log file and if u find something let me know. thanks. What key do u need?

if i can i give it to u. thanks again.

I'm sorry .here it is the file

TMC.rar

Guest a3nalin
I totally agree: Since I installed 9.4.1 sometimes the sound via headset completely is gone on WM 6.1 (TouchWiz Sounds, WM sounds, mp3 player sounds ...) itself, even still afterwards if I disconnect and reconnect the headset! --> Doesn't play any sound through headphones then, even if iGo is not running at all

When I disconnect the headset the sound via omnia internal speaker worked always like a charm.

The only way to get the sound on WM back with headset connected was everytime to run omniaTMC from programs, deactivate TMCserialDriver and reactivate it.

I have to add following experience:

Yesterday, the whole sound of WM dissappeared again without even having had iGo in use before. Headset was connected, but sound didn't work with headset disconnected (through internal omnia speaker) either!

Deactivating TMCserial and reactivating it several times didn't help - neither with nor without headset connected. (OmniaTMC sound option "NO CHANGE" in use)

Only solution was to softreset the Omnia.

BTW: When I was reactivating TMCserial my Omnia tried to establish a UMTS connection to internet everytime - why that?

OmniaTMC Version: 0.9.4.1

Omnia FW: Standard XGHL7 / BHHL2 Phone: XXHL1

Edited by a3nalin

Guest amazone

Hello BeamRider,

I just received a message from flywhc (from XDA-developpers forum) concerning using TMC on HTC. Because I've got an HTC Artemis, the driver he developped doesn't work for me. In fact, this phone deals with a Si4701 chip for radio which is really similar to the Samsung Omnia. I tried to install your OmniaTMC software but there's a problem of registry key : when I tried to enable AdvFMR, the message is : Registry key not found, unable to activate. I tried to recreate the key and I checked everything : SDK Certs are installed, AdvFMRadio.dll is in \windows. In the registry, I found another key : \HKLM\Drivers\Builtin\FMTuner instead of FMRadio and the key was Dll : Htc_Lib.Dll when I started OmniaTMC setup, I had an error message : OpenDevice : failure.

Maybe you can help me for make TMC available for HTC Artemis.

If it can help, I post the htc_lib.dll.

Thanks for your help.

PS : It's not so easy to use because artemis screen seems to be smaller than Samsung Omnia !! But it's useable ! :D

Htc_Lib.zip

Guest Fabione72
Ok let's sort out thinghs:

Fabione72 is having problems with TMC reception (RDS is ok). Its logs show no TMC group received.

robertut is in the same position of Fabione72 except for the fact that its logs contains TMC data (both received and passed to the NAV)

Just a (stupid) question: does iGO starts with you country map loaded? I mean that iGO default position before first fix is Paris, I experienced no TMC events with no fix because I was receiving an italian TMC and the Fance map was loaded.

PS I have 8.3.2.80621

Yes, the dafault position was covered by map (italy), even if not int the same city (40Km distance).

I'm arranging things to monitor CPS usage, I'll let you know.

additioanl note: this behaviour is not related to service provider (RAI or 102.5).

When it doesn't work, I have "no TMC data" on both S.P.

When it work, I receive many pages from both S.P.

(yesterday I passed from 14 pages of TMC data to "no tmc data" in a couple of minutes...)

BR

Guest robertut

Well that's not an issue, because I had Hungarian TMC events with the last known fix in Austria.

But there were cases when I didn't get the Hungarian TMC events with the last known fix in Hungary.

Guest esticbo
(yesterday I passed from 14 pages of TMC data to "no tmc data" in a couple of minutes...)

BR

I've this issue too. And I have another issue with the Europe_NASA.dem, it mark sometimes -200m when I'm in ~ + 300m, I prove to remove and put a new Europe_NASA.dem, but I have this issue when have the tmc active  :D

Guest DAlma

Hi Beamrider,

I have one problem with my second modified car charger.

I soldered 2 new cables to Pin1 and Pin2. Everything is fine. Also I can receive TMC data. But as soon as I plug it to the car power, I am loosing the TMC RDS signal. If I unplug it again, everything is again fine.

Do you know why this happens?

Guest illusion786
Hi Beamrider,

I have one problem with my second modified car charger.

I soldered 2 new cables to Pin1 and Pin2. Everything is fine. Also I can receive TMC data. But as soon as I plug it to the car power, I am loosing the TMC RDS signal. If I unplug it again, everything is again fine.

Do you know why this happens?

Whats pin 2 connected to?

Pin 2 is not needed unless the charger ground wire is using it. Pin 1 is just needed as the antenna.

Edited by illusion786

Guest wkmmx500

Hi Beamrider,

Been using Beta2 last few days. Works very wel on WM65 L2. Saved me today from a major traffic jam :D :lol: :lol: .

Of course the external speaker setting doesn't work yet. Still hoping you can find a solution for that one too.

And when someone knows where to get a cable that charges and has antenna and audio out, I'm the first one to get it. I'm now switching cables every time, but for long trips the Omnia battery just doesn't last long enough.

Greets from Germany

Guest DAlma
Whats pin 2 connected to?

Pin 2 is not needed unless the charger ground wire is using it. Pin 1 is just needed as the antenna.

Yes I tried this also. This how I connected the Pins:

Pin1 = Antenna

Pin2 = GND

PIN19,20 = +5V

It's really weird. It works fine, if I am not connected to Power. But as soon as I plug the charger to the car power, I am loosing the RDS Signal. I have checked the Pins. They are seperated. There is not connection between