The official HTC Touch Diamond 2 "Ask Chris..." thread!

Guest Monolithix

Guest Shuflie
It's one of the default options on the new HTC Start menu for me...

Not there any more on the production ROM, can be found over on XDA though, personally I didn't bother. I've already got something to tell me what to do, its called a wife :excl:

Guest Retronana

Thanks for the information imparted so far, very useful !

The Touch HD seemed to be supplied with a 8GB MicroSD card at most suppliers, does the Diamond 2 come with a MicroSD card of any sort ?

Guest Shuflie
Thanks for the information imparted so far, very useful !

The Touch HD seemed to be supplied with a 8GB MicroSD card at most suppliers, does the Diamond 2 come with a MicroSD card of any sort ?

No, leaves you free to use one you already have or buy whatever size you like. Now you can get that 16GB micro SDHC card you know you really want, but don't want to waste a perfectly good 8GB one that comes with the phone :D

Guest Retronana
No, leaves you free to use one you already have or buy whatever size you like. Now you can get that 16GB micro SDHC card you know you really want, but don't want to waste a perfectly good 8GB one that comes with the phone :D

Thanks , ordered an 8GB card to start, I'll buy a 16GB when I know what I want to run on it, I have a 4GB card on my Kaiser and that seem enough (loaded full of cabs)

Guest idawn
Mobilephonesdirect.co.uk 12 month T-mobile combi 30 plan. 18.99 for the phone, 2.99 delivery and 29.36x12 works out at £374.30 for the year. Plus you get 300 mins and 200 texts to do whatever you like with, could always just throw the sim in the bin and you've made money, although I'd suggest holding onto it so you can ring up and cancel at the end of twelve months.

@Shuflie.. I dont know much abt this contract stuff..!! But if i go ahead with that contract can i use other simcards?? does that means by your msg.. sorry that couldn understand that :D

Guest Shuflie
@Shuflie.. I dont know much abt this contract stuff..!! But if i go ahead with that contract can i use other simcards?? does that means by your msg.. sorry that couldn understand that :D

Yes, that is what I did, when I ordered the TD2 I got a completely SIM free phone that I just put my O2 SIM into and used straight away. I also got a T-mobile SIM that I've given to my wife, but she hasn't even broken it out of the card holder yet let alone used it. Think of it as a discounted TD2 with a years intrest free credit to pay it back, you just need to call t-mobile up at the end of the contract and tell them to cancel it for you. Or if you get good signal on t-mobile were you work and live just port your current number over at the end of its contract and use the t-mobile one to save yourself even more money. But just make sure you get in quick on the deal, there's a rumour over on XDA developers that t-mobile are close to releasing the TD2 (or the MDA compact V as their version of it is being called) on 11th of May. When that happens you may not get a SIM free TD2 and would then have the extra expense/hassle/waiting time to get the phone unlocked. The t-mobile version actually looks very nice though from the pictures I've seen of it on the web, possibly better looking than the TD2. Have a look for yourself then make your mind up!

t-mobile_mda_compact_v.jpg

Guest Retronana

Facebook integration can be done via a cab, Via XDA :D

Had my handset over a week, outside of trouble getting Blackberry Connect working on O2 the handset is pretty good, decided to get the Topaz as opposed to Rhodium as I was a little put off about some of the early reviews which put the boot in on the battery performance.

Hopefully I can get the BB Connect issue sorted :lol:

Guest Metoo
Mobilephonesdirect.co.uk 12 month T-mobile combi 30 plan. 18.99 for the phone, 2.99 delivery and 29.36x12 works out at £374.30 for the year.

Seems to be 58.99 now?

Guest Shuflie
Seems to be 58.99 now?

Guess they realised that they were handing it out for less than they should have, or it could be because t-mobile have their own device coming on-line soon and have set limts for how much they will pay out to resellers.

Guest UncleJimbo

Hey guys - not sure if this is the right thread for this but I don't want to start a million individual new ones.

Basically I love my TD2, but have lots of little niggly issues that I hope someone can help with...

1. Sat Nav seems really... slow. I'm using iGo and at first I thought the slow screen redraw was due to higher screen size and res, but putting the route in to preview mode seems really snappy...it's only when using live GPS that it seems really slow! Am I alone experiencing this?

2. The tilt sensor doesn't work in most apps. I guess this is by design so I'm using G-Config to allow auto-landscape rotation for specific apps, but lots of other programs and games (e.g. Sensor Lock, Diamond Sabre) just don't work at all almost as if the D2 didn't have a tilt sensor at all! Any ideas?

3. I'm sure Google Maps on my TyTN II had street view, but it doesn't appear to be there for my D2. I've downloaded the latest version of Google Maps and it's no better :lol:

I'm sure there are a couple more but that's enough for now :D

Guest Shuflie
Hey guys - not sure if this is the right thread for this but I don't want to start a million individual new ones.

Basically I love my TD2, but have lots of little niggly issues that I hope someone can help with...

1. Sat Nav seems really... slow. I'm using iGo and at first I thought the slow screen redraw was due to higher screen size and res, but putting the route in to preview mode seems really snappy...it's only when using live GPS that it seems really slow! Am I alone experiencing this?

2. The tilt sensor doesn't work in most apps. I guess this is by design so I'm using G-Config to allow auto-landscape rotation for specific apps, but lots of other programs and games (e.g. Sensor Lock, Diamond Sabre) just don't work at all almost as if the D2 didn't have a tilt sensor at all! Any ideas?

3. I'm sure Google Maps on my TyTN II had street view, but it doesn't appear to be there for my D2. I've downloaded the latest version of Google Maps and it's no better :lol:

I'm sure there are a couple more but that's enough for now :D

1. Doesn't seem all that slow on mine with Navigon or TomTom

2. Probably depends on the game, HTC have never given out proper APIs for their phones so everything has to be reverse engineered.

3. The default google maps built in has got street view, just zoom in on an area covered and long press on the screen, one of the options is street view.

Guest UncleJimbo

Hey Shuflie, thanks for the reply :D

1. Okay...would be interested to hear from others either with a D2 or other HTC. My TyTN II was always a little laggy but my D2 seems way worse.

2. I figured that, but it seems odd how people claim that X and Y work with the Diamond 1 and Touch HD and not the D2. Was the API changed completely just for the D2?

3. You're a genius! Thank you :lol:

Guest scuj1

Any ideas why this isn't showing up on Orange yet or even O2 apart from via e2save and CPW?

Been looking for my new upgrade with Orange for ages now and wondered if/when they're likely to become available direct from the network?

Many thanks.

Edit: Can't believe this my first post since my Moto MPx200 back in 2004! :D

Edited by scuj1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest marjon1968

Does the D2 have the option to be used as a modem for a laptop?

There is an app (internet sharing) on my imate 9502 for it and I find it very useful if I want the full screen internet when away from a wifi hotspot.

Guest Shuflie
Does the D2 have the option to be used as a modem for a laptop?

There is an app (internet sharing) on my imate 9502 for it and I find it very useful if I want the full screen internet when away from a wifi hotspot.

Yes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.