WIN an unlocked G1 Android phone with MoDaCo and Palringo

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ElOrly420

468x60.png

img_features_services.png

MoDaCo and Palringo are proud to announce that we are giving away an unlocked G1 Android phone, perfect for running the new Android release of Palringo on!

What is Palringo?

Palringo allows you to instantly exchange text, photos, and vocal IMs with groups or individuals!

• Palringo enables you to talk to all your contacts, whether they're using AOL® Instant Messenger®, Google Talk™, Yahoo!® Messenger®, Gadu-Gadu, ICQ®, Jabber® or Windows Live. You can also use Palringo to contact friends using iChat®, Apple's IM application.
  • Sending the same message to several people takes time and costs money, right? Not any more. Set up a group - people in your street or across the world, or both - and send one message, to all of them. Type it, speak it, picture it
  • Palringo works on just about every phone under two years old, on all Windows-based PCs, and on all Apple Macs. You certainly don't need an expensive new handset. No-one gets left out with Palringo as it works anywhere in the World.
  • On a bus, or in a library? Stick with typing. But running for a bus, or crossing the road - or need someone to really know what you feel? Hold down the 'push to talk' key and send them a voice message. Wish they could see this? Now they can: one click, and they're receiving the photo already.
  • If you choose to display your location then using Palringo, then it will update your status with your current location as and when it changes. That's great for meeting up with a group, or for reassuring people of your safety and whereabouts.
  • Palringo is free to download, there are no subscription fees and no hidden or other monthly charges. The exact cost of use depends on your data package - but just 1MB of data is good for up to 15 minutes of voice messages, 32 pictures or 100,000 words of text!

Where can I get it?

Palringo can be downloaded for FREE from this link. Once downloaded and installed, you can start adding your favourite IM services, and joining groups that you find of interest. (i'm in 'modaco' and 'formula1' right now...)

Great! Now how do I get a chance to win that G1?

It REALLY couldn't be easier! Simply install Palringo on your device, login and join the 'MoDaCo' group. Say a quick hello (MoDaCo / Palringo staff will be loitering in there to welcome you on your arrival) and that's it - you're entered in the competition!

Anything else I need to know?

The competition closes at midnight BST on the 24th May 2009, so you need to complete the above by then, but aside from that - it couldn't be easier! The competition is open to YOU, wherever you live on the planet!

See you on Palringo soon! :D

P

uh... Please excuse the dumb question but... What do we use to log in.. I've tried my e-mail and all sorts of things but it isn't letting me through ;\

Guest ElOrly420
uh... Please excuse the dumb question but... What do we use to log in.. I've tried my e-mail and all sorts of things but it isn't letting me through ;\

nvm... it WAS a very dumb question... i figured it out... :D

Guest w1ld1c3
I'll try to draw this competition on the right day... :D

P

Is this open to all... i mean... will a participant which is not in US area can join in?

Guest Paul

Yes, everyone can join!

(of course I can't guarantee the G1 will work with your particular carrier, but it IS unlocked...) :D

P

Guest Blerp

I'd put it on a shrine and burn candles around it everyday. I so much want to try out Android. I've a Omnia for 2 weeks now, and WinMob is driving me nuts.

You'll see me in the chatroom very soon :D

Guest Griff_FFOC

I quite like the software. But wish things were single click instead of double. It's a nightmare double clicking with a stylus. :D

Guest Okie65
I quite like the software. But wish things were single click instead of double. It's a nightmare double clicking with a stylus. :D

Single clicks would be great! Sharpening our stylus devices could backfire. :lol:

Guest poldie
No problem so far, glad i can easily access both Facebook and MSN with just a simple application.

I'm going to check it out, but if you're on regular Orange or T-Mobile data tariffs in the uk you're not allowed to do any messaging - you're supposed to pay for the more expensive tariffs if you want to do that, so look out!

Edited by poldie

Guest zocster

I signed in and joined group, no one on line! I have a blackberry and have been a Palringo user, on my wife's WinMo, my Blackberry, and soon hopefully the G1, Andy Ghozali is my name.

Guest gauravsali

i hv installed palringo but when i signi n wit my yhoo id n password it says incorrect login.which email add n password i should rught to sign in

Guest asom98

I have been using Palringo for a few weeks now and have not experienced any crashes. Program works well. Group chats work well. Using on MOTO Q9H with WinMo 6.1

Guest DirtySanchez

Ok its seems to work well with my omnia of course the omina keyboard sucks but thats another problem. Nice work on the app. :D

Guest mikeeey

I haven't been on Palringo in more than a year. Today I signed in again to find the number of people online had considerably gone up. Before it used to be under 10 people online.

now... I can't even count that high :D

Well, I hope I win, lol..

I'm assuming this could be unlocked for AT&T?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.