Need help from the 6.5 guru's

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999

I managed through some major luck to port the latest 21501 XIP to the i910. I have a jumble of different SYS's (COMMON being from 21501), and it manages to boot and go through the welcome screen stuff. The problem now (and I'm sure there will be more later), is that I get to the main desktop, I get a download agent error, and it freezes. I see 2 today items with 'Tap Here to set up user entry', a download agent error, and the left softkey says OK. It's freezing at some point through the start, I was just wondering if any of the 6.5 guru's had come across this and if they knew what caused the problem in their case.

I've got a second buld here, with OEM from my 6.1 rom, and it freezes shortly into the windows booting. I have just enough time to hit the start menu.

Any ideas?

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999

Update: I've removed as much of the extra SYS stuff as I can I think. It seems to freeze (screen doesn't respond, but power button does) as soon as I hit the start button.

Guest blazingwolf

The download agent stuff is in the OEM and not the sys. There is reference to it in the OEMApps RGU: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockStream\Browser]

"downloadagent.exe"="Opera_MainWndClass" and here: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\LockStream\DownloadAgent.exe]

"Launch"="Opera9.exe %1"

There is also a file that is placed in the windows startup folder. The delete_RO shortcut. When I removed that it removed the error from my ROM.

Maybe that will help?

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest WoZZeR999

The problem isn't the error, it's the fact that it doesn't respond after it. I'm not sure it is when it's loading today items, or if it's when it's reading the disk. I'm just not sure of where to check, or the best way to try to troubleshoot it.

Guest blazingwolf
The problem isn't the error, it's the fact that it doesn't respond after it. I'm not sure it is when it's loading today items, or if it's when it's reading the disk. I'm just not sure of where to check, or the best way to try to troubleshoot it.

Perhaps you can stop all plugins from starting up at the beginning. :D

I just got mine to actually build a second ago. I'm going to try one with no OEM and see where it gets me.

Wow, incredibly small with no OEM. Only 46 MB.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf

@Sector,

Is it better to leave the OEM in there and remove the OEMApps folder or is it OK to remove the OEM folder all together?

Guest WoZZeR999

Sector, I first tried your idea with a working (at least booting) 21501 in the hopes that as long as it was 6.5 it would boot. It did, but I got stuck at the same place. Trying with a different xip, that will hopefully boot.

Edit: Got the other XIP booting, but still stuck at the same place.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest sector
@Sector,

Is it better to leave the OEM in there and remove the OEMApps folder or is it OK to remove the OEM folder all together?

no dont remove OEM. there are a lot of required files there to work, drivers, apps that work with phone, etc.

anw im off for now catch up later guys. hope to get it working by then.

Guest blazingwolf
no dont remove OEM. there are a lot of required files there to work, drivers, apps that work with phone, etc.

anw im off for now catch up later guys. hope to get it working by then.

Thanks. That's what I figured.

Got WM6.5 to build now but I am stuck on the boot screen. :D Now I have to figure out why. Any hints anyone?

Guest WoZZeR999
Thanks. That's what I figured.

Got WM6.5 to build now but I am stuck on the boot screen. :D Now I have to figure out why. Any hints anyone?

First boot or second boot?

Well, I broke almost everything in the process (yay!...), but I have a booting 21501, and I can even get to the about screen to check it.

Active sync isn't working, so I can't show a screenshot, but as soon as I get it working I will.

Guest pepech

Well, I broke almost everything in the process (yay!...), but I have a booting 21501, and I can even get to the about screen to check it.

Active sync isn't working, so I can't show a screenshot, but as soon as I get it working I will.

I think you probably know that , but you can check this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...p;page=78" target="_blank"> , answer 777 and following

Edited by pepech

Guest blazingwolf

Just the Samsung Omnia logo so far. :lol:

Sounds like your almost there. :lol: Can't wait to hear you story of success. :D

Guest sector

if you got it booted it means xip works (in most cases) and SYS is problematic.

i dont know from where you got it so cant comment :D

Guest WoZZeR999

I had the same problem with 21210, so I'll have to look into it more. Also, cab's won't install, and a few other major problems. I'll have limited time during the week to look into it.

Guest WoZZeR999

I don't know if it's an XIP issue. I can get into WM6.5. 21210 freezes in WM6.5, 21501 seems to be write protected or something. But only within WM, I can use it like an external HD fine.

Guest pepech
pepech, I can't send you PM's.

Don' t worry about it ; I just love learning how to do ( it is very long for me because I have a lot of work , and all I do for my phone is by night )

For LsOmaClient.dll , I have put it in OEM drivers ( not enough place in the XIP ) ; should I reallocing something within OEM Drivers or it doesn' t matter ?

Edited by pepech

Guest WoZZeR999
Don' t worry about it ; I just love learning how to do ( it is very long for me because I have a lot of work , and all I do for my phone is by night )

For LsOmaClient.dll , I have put it in OEM drivers ( not enough place in the XIP ) ; should I reallocing something within OEM Drivers or it doesn' t matter ?

Just dump it in OEMDrivers. You need to turn the module into a file first though.