Cannot Connect error with new ROM

Guest burden010

Guest burden010

Hi, please help! I have loaded Shokka's brilliant i900DXIA5 - Latest Build 21210 ROM on my Omnia and it is working wonderfully except this issue I am having. This is a huge issue for me and I am hoping someone will have a suggestion!

I cannot connect to the Internet with any application except the weather updater. I don't understand this, IE, Opera etc do not connect and say the error: Cannot Connect. The connection has been ended. To change your connection settings, tap settings.

But I do not know what to put in here... I did not have to specify settings with original. Can anyone please help?

Thank you!

Guest cyberarmy
<br />Hi, please help! I have loaded Shokka's brilliant i900DXIA5 - Latest Build 21210 ROM on my Omnia and it is working wonderfully except this issue I am having. This is a huge issue for me and I am hoping someone will have a suggestion!<br /><br />I cannot connect to the Internet with any application except the weather updater. I don't understand this, IE, Opera etc do not connect and say the error: Cannot Connect. The connection has been ended. To change your connection settings, tap settings.<br /><br />But I do not know what to put in here... I did not have to specify settings with original. Can anyone please help?<br /><br />Thank you!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Have you done what's suggested in his original post regarding how to have the correct network setting per operator?

Guest Michael122w
Hi, please help! I have loaded Shokka's brilliant i900DXIA5 - Latest Build 21210 ROM on my Omnia and it is working wonderfully except this issue I am having. This is a huge issue for me and I am hoping someone will have a suggestion!

I cannot connect to the Internet with any application except the weather updater. I don't understand this, IE, Opera etc do not connect and say the error: Cannot Connect. The connection has been ended. To change your connection settings, tap settings.

But I do not know what to put in here... I did not have to specify settings with original. Can anyone please help?

Thank you!

Yep it is a pain in the but. Try to go into operator settings, change the operator to any other operator (just not your own). Then wait 30 second. Finally change back to your original operator. You should be able to use the connection.

I hope they fix this issue in the final ROMs!

Guest burden010

Ahhh, thank you guys. You have saved me!

I apologise for not seeing the instruction in Shokka's original post. This happens to me sometimes when there is a big list because I don't see all instructions. Was same in school :D

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...