Is it worth it to upgrade?

Guest Th3rmal

Guest Th3rmal

Is it worth it to flash to WM6.5?

I would really like to try it out (mainly because of the new interface), but I have some doubts.

1. Does it slow down the Omnia? Slow phones piss me off alot, so if it does it would be a major mood killer lol.

2. Are all apps that are compatible with 6.1 compatible with 6.5?

3. Is the risk of bricking any higher than flashing with a 6.1 ROM?

4. How is the memory on a fresh install?. Looking at screen shots (sectors 6.5 SP3 rom used up 50+mb and his 6.5 plain used up about 20mb, whereas QBUS QB06 rom only uses about 10mb) the footprint of 6.5 is abit bigger?

5. Is there anything that doesnt function in 6.5 that does function in 6.1?

Thanks guys :D

Guest maf107ezk0

Ok, now:

1. The build 21210 doesn`t slow at all :lol:

2. I haven`t seen an app that won`t work on 6.5 that worked on 6.1

3. No, the risk is the same :lol:

4. I`m using shokka9`s LITE rom, so memory isn`t ap roblem - after flash I had about 150 MB free

5. Yes, the optical mouse doesn`t work on 6.5...

I think you should go to 6.5 :( good luck :D

Guest Th3rmal

Ive flashed it :lol:

Yes it is a little slower (using sectors rom) but it should be alright. Still getting used to the new home screen and honeycomb etc etc.

Might report back my findings :lol:

Thanks for your help guys :D

Guest kiotu

have u tried khuanchai's ROM, i use the latest 21210 light version and i can say it is faster and smoother than sector's..(not by any means disrespecting sector off course..it's a mather of liking i say :D )

have u tried khuanchai's ROM, i use the latest 21210 light version and i can say it is faster and smoother than sector's..(not by any means disrespecting sector off course..it's a mather of liking i say :D )

The best way of having a fast 6.5 rom is flashing with Khuachai lite rom and then apply Sectors goodies.I had Sectors rom but its too heavy for the phone.Im waiting for him to optimise in the next rom because i know he can do it.

Guest Th3rmal

Hmm i might try that, sounds like a good idea.

MEmory management was good tho, i had 120+ MB left in device. Now only the performance issue remains.

Guest Nicklashidegard

i'm currently running Shokk9's "normal" 6.5 rom (SHKv5, 21210), and after install i had around 115mb free for progs which is more than i've had from 6.1 rom's (not including Lite roms). and that's with manilla included (as in a lot of his Roms).

I find the 6.5 as fast, as stable and more user friendly without stylus.. don't think that i'll ever install a 6.1 again :D

hope this is any help

Guest Kira Y

Hi Guys,

Just a question for now....

Can I flash back to WM6.1 ROM after I flash to WM6.5 ROM?

Just in case the WM6.5 not suit for me...

Thanks!!

Guest spupuz
Hi Guys,

Just a question for now....

Can I flash back to WM6.1 ROM after I flash to WM6.5 ROM?

Just in case the WM6.5 not suit for me...

Thanks!!

i do suppose you can but i need too a sure answer to that question

The best way of having a fast 6.5 rom is flashing with Khuachai lite rom and then apply Sectors goodies.I had Sectors rom but its too heavy for the phone.Im waiting for him to optimise in the next rom because i know he can do it.

No matter which ROM you are flashing - honeycomb opens terribly slowly comparing to standard (not Large) Start Menu from 6.1.

Titanium today is also much slower then for example Manila :D.

As I often need to do/open an application quickly and get nervous when I have to wait for phone's response I'm still sticked to 6.1 + Manilla2D (and it's Programs tab).

No matter which ROM you are flashing - honeycomb opens terribly slowly comparing to standard (not Large) Start Menu from 6.1.

Titanium today is also much slower then for example Manila :D.

As I often need to do/open an application quickly and get nervous when I have to wait for phone's response I'm still sticked to 6.1 + Manilla2D (and it's Programs tab).

Yes u right but with the example i gave some posts above i can live with that and i can say im happy with the phone performance.The only thing that annoys me is that windows media player is very laggy and for example when u are listening some music the titanium today becomes laggy too.The same goes for bt.If i turn on it makes the phone much slower.Thats the 2 things i would like to be optimized but i think its going to be hard to do it.

Guest forelli
i do suppose you can but i need too a sure answer to that question

here is your sure answer: as i have already said in a post, when I get bored, I flash my i900 to another rom, namely one of those:

MobileTurk v6.2 (wm6.1)

Awad non stop (ANS03), also a wm6.1 rom

Sector's 21210 (currently in use)

Khuanchai 21210 3-in-one

I do it back and forth, cheaper than buying a new phone, and satisfying my need of the finger mouse (try to add a new theme in M2D without stylus, or select a song/playlist in WMP or Coreplayer...)

I have a formerly branded i900 Omnia GranPrix, unlocked by the free solution found on google.