Omnia screen stuck on align

Guest hmoner

Guest hmoner

Hi guys

My boss bought a samsung Omnia in Mexico last year and brought it here (Argentina)

Today, we found a spanish rom and decided to flash it

All went great, flashed ok, etc. except that phone is stuck in align screen. I've tried everything, but after I press the 5 points (with pen) it keeps showing again, again, again, again... and so on

I've tried also: CeRegistry

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/HARDWARE/DEVICEMAP/TOUCH/

3. Click on CalibrationData

4. Value Data change to > 519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

but doesn't work.

I've tried hard-reseting it. Erased everything, restarted, didn't work

I've tried quitting battery and restarting. Nothing

Each time I turn on the phone, this screen shows.

Does any1 know some setting that tells the phone not to show this? some registry setting? hex editing something ?

I'll be happy if youst this screen doesn't show at start... I don't want to give a brick back to my boss...

Thanks

PS: I know screen is a sh*t and is a hardware problem, but as he bought it in Mexico, no way to return it

Guest pgarabiyski
Hi guys

My boss bought a samsung Omnia in Mexico last year and brought it here (Argentina)

Today, we found a spanish rom and decided to flash it

All went great, flashed ok, etc. except that phone is stuck in align screen. I've tried everything, but after I press the 5 points (with pen) it keeps showing again, again, again, again... and so on

I've tried also: CeRegistry

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/HARDWARE/DEVICEMAP/TOUCH/

3. Click on CalibrationData

4. Value Data change to > 519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

but doesn't work.

I've tried hard-reseting it. Erased everything, restarted, didn't work

I've tried quitting battery and restarting. Nothing

Each time I turn on the phone, this screen shows.

Does any1 know some setting that tells the phone not to show this? some registry setting? hex editing something ?

I'll be happy if youst this screen doesn't show at start... I don't want to give a brick back to my boss...

Thanks

PS: I know screen is a sh*t and is a hardware problem, but as he bought it in Mexico, no way to return it

Hi use the CeRegistry -> search mark key names, value names and value data and search for welcome.exe  Delete Welcome and Welcome.exe -> restart. Or buy yourself another digitizer for about $20 

Guest hmoner

Hi pgarabiyski

The program found this only

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSWELCOME:1

I've deleted the 2 keys, welcome and welcome.exe (previously unlocking registry successfuly)

Saved

Then I pressed reset button, and the align screen starts again !! It seems something modified values again and sets again to old values... or the ceRegeditor doesn't save to phone

I don't know what to do. Tried to install SOTI Pocket PC Controller Pro having the welcome screen showing but screwed pressing all the buttons now it won't install from PC... damn

EDIT: I could bypass align screen by overwriting phone\windows\welcome.exe with a 0byte welcome.exe file, but now I get an error saying that welcome.exe can't be run, but I get homescreen...

Edited by hmoner

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mad-Mod

Hey peeps,

check this out... this is a quote from my blog.. please check it out

feel free to comment on there or here...., and let me know if it works for you...

Another thing, Theres the newly cooked windows mobile 6.5 ROM out now as well, see my blog or search here for it, theres a thread <_<

----

http://marve.lucianvision.com/?p=129

Right, I’ve just encounted the align screen problem with the omnia

I googled the problem and hard reset was the solution I found

Did that about twice and didnt work…

I went flashed back 21222 … that still had the same prob.. then flashed my previous firmware before i had winmo 6.5 which was “i900DXHK3″…. that still didnt work..

Some one on an omnia forum recommended i “change the panel”… I’m assuming they meant the screen or something, since that was one of the solutions I found from googling*

Removing the back cover of the omnia, there are 4 screws at each corner.. , lets say starting clockwise and top left, I losened screw1, removed screw2, loosened screw3, and removed screw4…. then tried aligning my screen… It went through at the first try!!

Dont know if this is a solution, but it sure bits buying a new screen! Could be just luck really, who knows icon_smile.gif

if this helps, please let me know.. icon_smile.gif

------

Guest lambi1982

go to HKLM/Hardware/TOUCH and change MaxCalError from 7 to 20

you should be able to pass the calibration screen no problem and after you do reset the 20 back to 7 and do it again.

you should be fine from there.

Good Luck

Guest Mad-Mod

you should be able to pass the calibration screen no problem and after you do reset the 20 back to 7 and do it again.

Good Luck

perhaps, but my post had to do with, after hard reseting and that align screen comes up...

is there a way of accessing the reg, from there?

Guest hmoner
perhaps, but my post had to do with, after hard reseting and that align screen comes up...

is there a way of accessing the reg, from there?

ceRegEditor ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest futureboycolin

So bummed! I hard reset my phone to flash the new blazingwolf ROM, but after I hard reset the align screen loop pounced from the shadows. Now I'm firmly ensnared in it's evil grasp...

I've been trying this little 7 to 20 trick in the registry, but it keeps telling me "Access Denied." This really blows since, until I figure out a fix for this my phone is useless. What the heck can I do short of installing a new screen (which I absolutely CANNOT afford)?

Guest baaadandy

Create the file welcome.not and place it on your SD card, soft reset. Should solve your issue. Let me know if it works, half asleep maybe I didn't read your issue right.

Guest Tim-H
So bummed! I hard reset my phone to flash the new blazingwolf ROM, but after I hard reset the align screen loop pounced from the shadows. Now I'm firmly ensnared in it's evil grasp...

I've been trying this little 7 to 20 trick in the registry, but it keeps telling me "Access Denied." This really blows since, until I figure out a fix for this my phone is useless. What the heck can I do short of installing a new screen (which I absolutely CANNOT afford)?

Blazingwolf took out the align screen on startup i thought. Press your start menu and see if it goes away. If you mean you havent installed it yet. I would redownload CC20, Reflash cc20, Flash Blazingwolf's ROM. If you didn't flash CC20 first, this is what is causing the problem, do that.

Guest hmoner
Create the file welcome.not and place it on your SD card, soft reset. Should solve your issue. Let me know if it works, half asleep maybe I didn't read your issue right.

in the SD card ? or in the mobile\windows folder ?

Guest hmoner
Copy the file right to the root of the microSD card.

I created an empty welcome.not file and then copied into

- sd card root

- phone root

- phone\my documents root

- phone\my memory

etc.

did a soft reset, but the welcome screen wasn't skipped... <_<

I think the welcome.not trick is little old. Didn't found lot of info in google

• 2 weeks later...
Guest altholtz

Good Luck

:D ;) :D :D this rock , you save me

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Naser Naseri

Good Luck

You saved Me 2 ...

Thanks Lambi1982

• 1 month later...
Guest keithnorton
You saved Me 2 ...

Thanks Lambi1982

Hi there all you have to do is switch your screen to landscape and then align your screen then switch back to portrait. Working great now with mine.

• 1 month later...

Good Luck

How do I do this guy´s I do not know how to install the PHM regedit software on my phone.

I install it on my pc and after that ????? I need my phone to work any help would be appreciated

thnx

• 1 month later...
Guest Maxwell Newton

The reason the screen asks to be calibrated again is because it knows something is wrong. I know that when i press down in the centre of the screen the phone recognises input about 3mm north of my stylus pen. So when calibrating it i just pressed about 3mm north of the centre point, and dead on all the rest... and hey presto! Got to the next screen!

This is probably why loosening the screen works for some. I took the back completely off but had no luck so ill just have to deal with my poor calibration until i work out how to fix it!

Hope this helps some!

Take care,

Max

Guest tenaciousmetal

Hi guys,

same problem for me. Resolved at the beginning tapping about 1cm left of the last cross shown in the alignment procedure (the one on top right corner)

Final solution for me was to buy a new touch screen on ebay (digitizer)15euro and 1 months waiting. All works great now

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest gorf1000

Good Luck

Worked like a charm! Thanks, this was driving me nuts!

• 9 months later...

Good Luck

just so everyone knows. this is your solution right here. thankyou. did it twice after 2 different flashes. worked like a charm.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gayflag

^ That might get you out of align screen, but could still have an uncalibrated touch screen. If screen wont align, flash to stock rom and try align. If it still dont work then its time to warranty if thats an option. I had to warranty my phone twice because of this. First phone was ok for almost 2 yrs. Then i figured i'd warranty the phone because i've been paying for extended warranty. The 1st replacement had align screen loop right out of the 'certified device' box. 2nd replacement (3rd phone) was much better.

The reg trick worked for me, but touch panel was off 1/4" or so. If you have warranty, dont be afraid to use it. I was hoping they'd send me an htc device but i wasnt so lucky. However, if you have to replace your device 3 times, they will most likely replace your defective model with another like type. (htc touch2 etc.)

But i'm sure most ppl are long out of warranty. The lady on the phone said that if you call they have pre-owned devices (returned 30day) for huge discounts. 50-60%. These are not pre-cert fones. Just greasy returns.