Get a 3 Mobile Broadband PAYG dongle + SIM for £19.99

Guest PaulOBrien

ztedongle-20090428-161346.jpg
Regular readers will know i'm a sucker for bargains and a sucker for mobile broadband dongles... and 3 have been in touch with me today to let me know that until Friday, you can pick up their ZTE dongle (complete with microSD) slot for a bargain £19.99!

Simply hit up this link...

http://tinyurl.com/couponDONGLEDEALfortenneroff [aff]

...then enter the coupon 'DONGLEDEAL' to bring the price down to 19.99.

Superb! :lol:

I know we have a good number of 3 dongle users on here already (speak up peeps) - myself included - and this seems a great mobile data solution! :D

P

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Wow, cheap!

Only thing is, it only applies to that model, and I've had signal issues with that particular ZTE. Bought a couple for use as spares though!

M.S

EDIT - careful peeps, my confirmation email lists them at FULL PRICE!!! and they don't open until tomorrow to speak to someone. Pah!

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Guest rameses
EDIT - careful peeps, my confirmation email lists them at FULL PRICE!!! and they don't open until tomorrow to speak to someone. Pah!

Yeah, mine is the same despite the website showing the discounted price when the order was placed. :D

Hopefully it's just an automated email with the wrong info.

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Yeah, mine is the same despite the website showing the discounted price when the order was placed. :D

Hopefully it's just an automated email with the wrong info.

Cool, makes me feel slightly better that it's not just me :lol:

M.S

Guest rameses

I've just called them and I've had confirmation too that the price is £19.99. :lol: The order confirmation email is automated so doesn't show any discounts. :D

The nice chap I spoke to also confirmed that the dongles are sent via Royal Mail 'packet post' so there's nothing to sign and it should fit through the letter box. Hurrah!!

Could I use my o2 sim in this dongle? It'd be a lot cleaner solution than tethering my phone in my opinion.

In my experience, the dongles are always SIM locked.

Chances are there's an unlock solution of some sort out there tho!

P

Guest NikLP

I've had no problems using my O phone as a modem - is there any real benefit to getting another modem/subscription?

Also, what are the software implications with these - do they require device drivers or other software installed on all machines that they're used on?

Edited by NikLP

Guest DarkWanderer
I've had no problems using my O phone as a modem - is there any real benefit to getting another modem/subscription?

Because using your phone as a modem is against most providers T&C's. Good you only put O in your post, that way it could be O2 or Orange. Best not to specify on a public forum.

Guest NikLP
Pretty sure they couldn't track him down from his post!

You'd be surprised.

Paul: the reg screen above is asking for a 3 number - what's the deal with that? Do you get a number when you get the dongle or something, or do you have to have an existing 3 deal...?

Edited by NikLP

Guest NikLP
The SIM in the box has a mobile number on it to input there...

Marvellous! Might have a pop. Any confirmation on the 5 quid a month jobber at all?

Just to throw the car among the pigeons, the head dude from 3 is on Working Lunch on BBC2 in a minute. I've alerted them to this offer :D

Guest stanthebiker
Is it still possible to use the unlimited mobile web for a month @ £5?

Any news on this? If so, how do we go about getting it for £5 a month please. :lol:

Guest NikLP
Still waiting for my SIM to pick up a signal, guess it's not immediately activated or something!

You don't have to register it first by calling them or something perhaps...?

Guest Shuflie

I couldn't wait so ordered anyway. The SIM was activated when I put it in the dongle, so no need to call up. Top-options don't allow me to buy the £5 a month internet package, but can buy it by going directly to the link given by Paul in the last thread. :D

Edited by Shuflie

Guest rameses

My dongle arrived yesterday and my initial thoughts are it's very good. The set up process was easy as all the software was on the stick. There is no free data allowance on the stick but accessing the '3' website is free. I registered my stick and added a debit card to my account, but unfortuantley the site won't allow me to buy a top up with the card for the next seven days (some sort of security process) so I've not been able to check if the £5/month unlimited data offer is available. I'm not going to buy a £10 top up from another shop to find out it is :D

Another plus is the micro SD card slot supports my 8gb SDHC card, which is great as the packaging states it only supports up to 4gb. :lol:

Edited by rameses

Guest Paul
I couldn't wait so ordered anyway. The SIM was activated when I put it in the dongle, so no need to call up. Top-options don't allow me to buy the £5 a month internet package, but can buy it by going directly to the link given by Paul in the last thread. :D

Awesome!

Think there's something wrong with my SIM, it won't activate!

P

Guest Shuflie
My dongle arrived yesterday and my initial thoughts are it's very good. The set up process was easy as all the software was on the stick. There is no free data allowance on the stick but accessing the '3' website is free. I registered my stick and added a debit card to my account, but unfortuantley the site won't allow me to buy a top up with the card for the next seven days (some sort of security process) so I've not been able to check if the £5/month unlimited data offer is available. I'm not going to buy a £10 top up from another shop to find out it is :D

Another plus is the micro SD card slot supports my 8gb SDHC card, which is great as the packaging states it only supports up to 4gb. :lol:

Check your account again, during the registration process it takes ten pounds off your card to check that its valid, actually added £10.22 to my account, must be a VAT refund or something. Log into your account then click here to buy the £5 top-up and activate it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.