Anyone have any in depth knowledge of WAD2?

Guest semmtexx

Guest semmtexx

Hi, I recently tried Throttle Launcher with the android theme on my omnia but found that it was a little hard to use. So, I put WAD2 on my device and loaded the latest android theme and holy crap you wouldn't believe how customizeable this thing is! Here is my question: On the Throttle Launcher android theme, when you tap the bottom grey tab and bring up the submenu, you are given a scrollable, imbedded programs list. Not configurable, just a list of your programs. Now, I have made the pop up menu on the WAD2 android theme but it seems like the only thing you can imbed is a stationary grid that will only show as many icons as will physically fit in the box, in other words no scroallable list. If there is anyone who has any idea how and if this can be done, I would consider you to be freaking genius. The main thing here i guess is that fact that Throttle Launcher is written in XML and WAD2 isn't as far as I know but I'm kind of new to all this. Thanks!!!

Edited by semmtexx

Guest Mellenator
Hi, I recently tried Throttle Launcher with the android theme on my omnia but found that it was a little hard to use. So, I put WAD2 on my device and loaded the latest android theme and holy crap you wouldn't believe how customizeable this thing is! Here is my question: On the Throttle Launcher android theme, when you tap the bottom grey tab and bring up the submenu, you are given a scrollable, imbedded programs list. Not configurable, just a list of your programs. Now, I have made the pop up menu on the WAD2 android theme but it seems like the only thing you can imbed is a stationary grid that will only show as many icons as will physically fit in the box, in other words no scroallable list. If there is anyone who has any idea how and if this can be done, I would consider you to be freaking genius. The main thing here i guess is that fact that Throttle Launcher is written in XML and WAD2 isn't as far as I know but I'm kind of new to all this. Thanks!!!

You can do this in WAD2 easily. Dock your grid to the left or right of the screen, and create a grid that is longer than the screen. Say, a 10 by 4 grid at 60x60 for the cell sizes. When you turn off author mode, the grid becomes scrollable. Just drag it up with your finger. For a center aligned scrolling grid, create a dock, then place the grid in the dock, and attach it to the left or right side of the dock.

-Tom

Guest semmtexx

Awsome I will give it a try!!!

EDIT: mUAHAHA it works!! I guess i already had it but i was not looking at in in normal mode only author mode. Thanks a ton man!!!

Edited by semmtexx

Guest Mellenator
Awsome I will give it a try!!!

EDIT: mUAHAHA it works!! I guess i already had it but i was not looking at in in normal mode only author mode. Thanks a ton man!!!

No problem! Been using WAD forever, love the program.

Guest semmtexx
No problem! Been using WAD forever, love the program.

Hey my problem now is that when i click on a program icon that i have assigned to the grid, the program opens fine but upon exiting the program, the dock dissapears and i have to exit/restart WAD

EDIT: K nevermind fixed it. Now heres a question. What is a slider. i tried to make on eand cant get it to work.

Edited by semmtexx

Guest Mellenator
Hey my problem now is that when i click on a program icon that i have assigned to the grid, the program opens fine but upon exiting the program, the dock dissapears and i have to exit/restart WAD

EDIT: K nevermind fixed it. Now heres a question. What is a slider. i tried to make on eand cant get it to work.

Sliders are like the bottom bar in S2U2 that you slide across to unlock the phone. You need to provide a background picture, and a slider picture. Then you can have the slider do whatever you want when it is "slid". For example, create your own unlock page, or on a main screen slide a button down to trigger an event different from the page "slide down" gesture. It's up to you, the future is wide open! :D

Guest Jokes On You
Sliders are like the bottom bar in S2U2 that you slide across to unlock the phone. You need to provide a background picture, and a slider picture. Then you can have the slider do whatever you want when it is "slid". For example, create your own unlock page, or on a main screen slide a button down to trigger an event different from the page "slide down" gesture. It's up to you, the future is wide open! :D

Also to expand on this dont make the slider and background the same size by accident you may have trouble deleting.