Newbie with Omnia

Guest viveck

Guest viveck

Hello,

I got my Omnia a month back and have been facing battery problems from past few days. Everything seemed fine. I was using the phone day and night and still the battery lasted for close to 2 days. However from past few days the battery has drained considerably. :( I am in India and my firmware version is DDHJ2. I am on the look out for a custom ROM that is newer than my firmware and fixes my battery issues. I am presently running on vista and i just found out that upgrading a firmware on Vista is tough :D . Since i am a Newbie with Omnia, i am not sure how to go about upgrading my baby.

It would be kind of all the Omnia Gurus out here to help me in resolving my problem. I have right now downloaded DXIA5 version. Please advice if i should go with this rom or there is a better firmware? :lol:

Thanks in advance, :lol:

Viveck

Guest refugeez86

yes u need to upgrade ur firmware cuz latest firmware fix many bugs..

latest firmware also improve battery life..

to prevent ur battery life shorter make sure u close other running apps by checking task manager..

other tips is turn off other connection like bluetooth and wifi if not in use..

DXIA5 are good rom..for new user maybe u can try to flash to diz rom before change to cooked rom..

Guest Tim-H

Try cycling your battery. Use it until it shuts off on its own because of low battery. Do not turn the phone back on, plug it in, let it charge to full then turn it on and use it until it shuts its self off again, then charge to full while the phone is off again. That will help a lot, and if you notice the life getting short in the future just do this again.