Using 16GB Memory not internal Omnia Memory

Guest NonStopMark

Guest NonStopMark

I am trying to find a definitive written script to enable all newly installed programs to install to the Omnia's 16GB internal memory not the smaller memory so it doesn't become full. Can anyone point me at it. I believe it may involve some registry changes and folder name changes. Any help here would be useful so I can keep as much of the smaller memory as possible. If I make these changes, do the currently installed programs still work etc.??? Thanks in advance. Cheers MARK.

Guest bpivk

Umm I don't know exactly what you want to do...

Do you want to move the apps that are installed on your phone's memory? You can't remove the ones that come with your rom but you can move the ones you installed with SKtools.

Do you want to install apps to internal memory? Just run the cab file and select internal memory.

Do you want to find a batch script that installes all your cabs automaticaly to internal memory? There is one out there but i can't remember what it's called. :D

Guest NonStopMark

I have read that there are some issues with the fact that the small internal memory fills up. This looks to be down to OutLook synchronisation of emails etc. Can all emails be stored in My Storage (16GB) rather than the small internal memory (like for the attachments)?

Am I right in thinking that if you install an application to My Storage, it doesn't install any files to the small internal memory? I have about 23MB left of my small internal memory and am a little worried it might fill up to quickly. Can you advise me here. I have only just got the phone and I don't want to get off to a bad start. I already overloaded my small internal memory with emails and had to delete them.

Guest helladios

Look for the "hack" which turns "My Storage" into "My Documents" and, as a result, installs all programs into "My Documents\Programs\..." There is no "My Storage" any more - only "My Documents", with the little sign of "Internal Memory" next to it.

I have been using this hack for months on many different ROM's, without any problem whatsoever. I published the details more than once, so, if you look for it you will find it somewhere.

Guest natedawg1013

I know how to have all emails put into "My Storage". I don't know if it works for emails downloaded by Outlook, but it definitely works for POP and IMAP when downloaded directly to the phone.

Here are the steps in order.

1.)First, navigate to My Storage in the file explorer of your choice.

2.)Create a new folder there named "Messaging" (of course without the quotes).

3.)Within that folder, create a folder named "Attachments" (again without quotes).

4.)Use a mobile registry editor to navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\Settings".

5.)Create a new string value called "PropertyPath"(no quotes again) with the value "My Storage/Messaging" (shall I say about quotes...)

6.)Create a new string value called "AttachPath"(do I have to say it?) with the value "My Storage/Messaging/Attachments"(you know by now)

7.)Soft Reset

8.)Delete the contents of "\Windows\Messaging" REMEMBER! : Leave the folder itself intact!

9.)Re-download emails.

10.)Enjoy!

If, for some reason, you don't want them in My Storage anymore, just use the registry editor to delete AttachPath and PropertyPath, then delete the Messaging folder in My Storage and redownload emails if you want.