--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999

JWDibs: It will be in v3, but there is a cab for it a few pages back. I forgot to put it back in, in the first 2 releases.

Omega: I think XDA has some good tutorials on homescreen customization. I've been mostly working on getting it working correctly, and I've been busy with other stuff lately, so I'm not 100% sure how much work is involved. I do know that the themes are based on XML though, if that helps.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest dmcnado

Hi, I am using the new M2D version and love this! I have been unable to do 2 things:

1) Cannot get GPS to lock on (I've got all the settings right per this discussion, but still no sat lock), and

2) Cannot install .NETCFramework (I tried both 3.5 and 2.0). I was hoping it was already in the ROM, but I don't think so. Attempts at installation result in the error that my installation was unsuccessful (so helpful).

Thanks a million for any help!

Guest bhachech
Is Office Mobile included in any of these releases? I know it is probably not a high priority but it is nice to have now and then..

Yes, it is in all three of the releases.

Ha! Made you wonder, didn't I?

Guest woodsptw
Hi, I am using the new M2D version and love this! I have been unable to do 2 things:

1) Cannot get GPS to lock on

WoZZer - I had GPS at one point with the leaked ROM but somewhere it stopped working. Can I reinstall the leaked Verizon ROM again? If I do - do I need to do anything to prepare for that (hard reset, etc.)? Is that the next step or is there a .cab or other thing I (we) should do to troubleshoot GPS??

Again - great job. (btw - I installed 'stock' version as I recall)

Guest WoZZeR999
WoZZer - I had GPS at one point with the leaked ROM but somewhere it stopped working. Can I reinstall the leaked Verizon ROM again? If I do - do I need to do anything to prepare for that (hard reset, etc.)? Is that the next step or is there a .cab or other thing I (we) should do to troubleshoot GPS??

Again - great job. (btw - I installed 'stock' version as I recall)

You shouldn't have to, I use the same DLL's it uses. Just make sure you have GPS set to location on in the phone settings menu. I use mainly com8 57600 as the gps settings in Google Maps.

Guest monsterpt
Fantastic work again WoZZer. Does anyone know a way to add a GPS toggle into the home panels?

We should be able to add the apps to the panels using chome editor. But...

I have been trying to do this for hours without success. I pulled out the last of my hair 2 hours ago.

Guest woodsptw

Ok - I'm further on GPS. I'm at least seeking satellites and finding them although googlemaps hasn't found where I am yet. The thing I forgot (and read somewhere along the way was..)

Go to phone, menu, options, services, gps, change settings, location on!!!

Do Googlemaps, menu, use GPS

and menu, options, gps settings - I'm currently set to 'managed by windows'.

I hit the blue square / button in the bottom right and it found me.

Hope this helps / works for others..

Edited by woodsptw

Guest phantomguy1
We should be able to add the apps to the panels using chome editor. But...

I have been trying to do this for hours without success. I pulled out the last of my hair 2 hours ago.

why dont you try using GPSToday Full Screen app (http://www.geoterrestrial.com/download/) and run it in the background? This does the same thing as the GPS toggle. Claims not to drain and it gives you the address you are currently. Its free.. at least its an app and not a today plugin... they have that too though... and you can make panels from apps.

Guest charles2995

did i.t ever occu.r to anybod.y that windows update on th.e phon.e is now gone? also as you can see by thhe spradicaklly placed periods in my post that there is a bug in the keyboard

Guest WoZZeR999
did i.t ever occu.r to anybod.y that windows update on th.e phon.e is now gone? also as you can see by thhe spradicaklly placed periods in my post that there is a bug in the keyboard

Yes, I removed the useless windows update. Also, your fingers hitting the wrong button is not the fault of my rom. You can recalibrate the screen if you like, I'm using known 'good' calibration settings.

Guest cmalone
Ok - I'm further on GPS. I'm at least seeking satellites and finding them although googlemaps hasn't found where I am yet. The thing I forgot (and read somewhere along the way was..)

Did you select "Use GPS" under menu?

Guest dmcnado

Perfect! Got it working...just missed one step. Thanks a million :D

Guest cmalone

Have looked at many themes.

Like this one the best: Pure black 2

Has new UI tabs (curved) and new popup menus. (not shown on site, but i can confirm-works on my omnia)

Goes real well with an all black look. And a perfect combo with wozzer v2 lite.........

Guest charles2995
Yes, I removed the useless windows update. Also, your fingers hitting the wrong button is not the fault of my rom. You can recalibrate the screen if you like, I'm using known 'good' calibration settings.

but if its removed how are we going to get a rom dump when they release the software may 11 hopefully? also, its not like me pressing the wrong buttons. what happens is i'll type in a word and then press space and it inserts a period in between the second to last letter and the last letter

Guest mangeman08

I haven't flashed my phone yet, but I was curious....what version of java is on the rom? I have some apps (for work) and some games that only work with JBlend..... so if it has Esmertec JBed I won't be able to flash....

Thanks!

Guest semmtexx

does anyone know how , in CHome editor, to make the text like go directly to Vito instead of the winmo text messaging? If you go into Manual edit item vals, then go to Ctext and then icon paths, you see two numbers. Is this what needs to be changed? I'm kinda stumped. I guess I could disable and make a new page lol.

Guest Teche

Thanks for all the work WoZZeR, you rock.

I just downloaded the latest version of this rom today, and now my keyboard is this small non descript hard to use keyboard. I went to settings/personal/input and looked for a default or different keyboard but none of the options change it back to the original style, am I doing something wrong, was the original larger style removed? Thanks

Guest cheifkeiff
how do you go about setting up Pandora for the omnia 910?

I love listening to it from the PC, but thought it was not available for the omnia

I used this cab i can't remember were i got it from somewhere on madco. then i used chome editor to put it on a music panel with s2p.

pandora.cab

Guest semmtexx

Does any one alse have this issue? When i try to make a new panel in CHome editor, #1: after trying to add an app page to it, all other panels are gone from the enabled list (but are still enabled on today screen). #2: the name of the panel i create is all cut in half. 3: The panel I create won't show up on today, and 4: the order of the panels in today when i exit CHome editor is all screwy and some of the titles are empty. It's just a mess haha. soft reset puts everything back to where it should be though.

EDIT: Oh and even after resetting, the panels are all in the original order on today screen, but in CHome editor, the list is still showing one panel in enabled section: the panel I have already deleted. Is there a way to reset the list so at least I can change the order of panels?

Edited by semmtexx

Guest willyg44

Does anyone notice significantly slower action when typing? Like in text messages/emails? I need to type soooooo slow it's ridiculous. I don't understand what is wrong here, if it's the ROM or if it's something with my phone? It's very frustrating as I don't even want to text or email ever anymore!

Guest JDawg183
As for contacts, it should be there by default. Goto start, (programs) , utilities and try enabling it with the chome editor.

I found my problem. It was because i hadnt updated to the newest version yet. The first lite version did not have the contacts tab. I upgraded and everything is working GREAT!! Thank you so much "some guy called WoZZer". You rock!

Guest phantomguy1
I used this cab i can't remember were i got it from somewhere on madco. then i used chome editor to put it on a music panel with s2p.

just tried pandora and it doesnt work for me.... dont know why. It seems like it was having trouble anyway since its not an official working app for omnias. So my next resort was pocket last.fm ... same thing but not as pretty of an interface. Works awesome