--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Steel Froggy
on the first page are 3 links to wozzers roms one of which is a core with very little if anything removed

I don't mind everything being removed, I love everything being removed. It'd be awesome if there could be everything possible removed. I like that part.

What I don't like is some of the stuff added into it.. which is why it'd be nice to have an 'actual' core wm6.5 ((or 6.1, either really)) with nothing but windows mobile. No extra applications coming with it, and defiantly none of this omnia bullshit. XD

That's not the important part, though. I can work with that and that's not really a problem. What I really want to know is how responsive is your keyboard? I realize the original ROM's keyboard lagged some when you got typing too fast, but nothing like this newone.. I don't like the poppyup thing. It's cool and all yes but slows the phone down too much and I don't need it.

Guest MrSmoofy
if i remember i think i had to zip it then unzip it, i may be wrong but give it a shot

Nope that don't work either says I don't have permission to the file can't delete it or anything even from the phone :D

Guest Steel Froggy
no way in hell id go back to the leaked rom, it took anywhere from 4-15 min to get a gps lock sometimes and thats if i was holding the phone upside down and face down with my right leg up and my left arm pointing north....lol, and now with wozzers latest and greatest i can get a lock inside my house in under 45 sec

I don't even mean the leaked rom. On that they keyboard is just as bad, which again is my main problem here. I'd want to go back to the ORIGINAL rom, which came on my omnia when I purchased it. I'd really hate to do that but you can't even f*cking type on this.

Or at least I can't.. It might be just me but I've flashed it a few different times, and it's laggy right from the start. I wouldn't be able to stand seeing how laggy it'd get after a few months of use.. The bubble thing is awesome for if you're slowly poking key-by-key, but simply an annoyance for actually texting.

If it'd work like the iPhone I could see leaving it in there, because at least that one doesn't lag.

P.S. For the record I'm nowhere NEAR an Apple Fanboi.. quite the opposite. Just simply stating.

Guest maldonj1
I don't mind everything being removed, I love everything being removed. It'd be awesome if there could be everything possible removed. I like that part.

What I don't like is some of the stuff added into it.. which is why it'd be nice to have an 'actual' core wm6.5 ((or 6.1, either really)) with nothing but windows mobile. No extra applications coming with it, and defiantly none of this omnia bullshit. XD

That's not the important part, though. I can work with that and that's not really a problem. What I really want to know is how responsive is your keyboard? I realize the original ROM's keyboard lagged some when you got typing too fast, but nothing like this newone.. I don't like the poppyup thing. It's cool and all yes but slows the phone down too much and I don't need it.

i did notice with the orginal rom i barely made any errors, but now with this one i am making alot more errors but i think i noticed when i realigned my screen they went away, i did this because i was always aiming for one letter and always hit the one to the left of it.

Guest MrSmoofy

Thanks, but my problem was getting the file into the windows folder. I ended up installing Total Commander. Then I had to rename the file to delete it but after all that I've got the local weather.

Next question, the moon/clouds cover up the current temp and H and L readings is that normal?

Guest maldonj1
Thanks, but my problem was getting the file into the windows folder. I ended up installing Total Commander. Then I had to rename the file to delete it but after all that I've got the local weather.

Next question, the moon/clouds cover up the current temp and H and L readings is that normal?

lol, yea there were some instructions posted on copying but oh well you got it anyways, cheers!, now on to the next problem, you might have to search through the forums for that since im not running that weather im using the one that comes with SPB 3.01beta, sorry.

Guest bedojo

ugh, how to fix the freezing txt bug?

anyone know? anyone else experiance it?

phone freezes after useing txt

also anyone know hwo change the default keyboard and keep it changed? mine keeps switching back to winmo keyboard which sucks

Guest Lb51oO

Just a quick question. I have already installed the 6.5 Lite. I am now installing the 6.5 with M2D. Is it completely necessary to do the PRL update after installing the clean leaked ROM? In other words, in his directions it says to do the PRL update before installing hes ROM. Is it ok to do it after? I currently do not have service at my house. (Waiting for VZ to put up the towers as they have recently bought out a smaller GSM company. However, they made it switch phones and now no service till they get the tower up)

Guest WoZZeR999

Use a program called SIPSaver or OmniaSIP (or even modaco search... it's in this thread).

As for the keyboard responsiveness, I have no issues. I would guess it's from other programs you installed.

Edit: No, the PRL update is not necessary, it just a good thing to do after flashs.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest Lb51oO
Use a program called SIPSaver or OmniaSIP (or even modaco search... it's in this thread).

As for the keyboard responsiveness, I have no issues. I would guess it's from other programs you installed.

Edit: No, the PRL update is not necessary, it just a good thing to do after flashs.

Great, thanks WoZZeR... and thanks again for your hard work. SO the PRL update will still take after installing your M2D ROM correct? Just making sure cause I am looking forward to the tower being active here at my house and want to make sure I have the latest PRL. Is it possbile to manually update the PRL?

Guest MrSmoofy

Ok maybe Wozzer can help here.

<city name="Tampa, US" loca="NAM|US|FL|TAMPA" land="United States" />

Shows it's 50 with a high of 61 and a low of 43 it shows the Sun is out. This is way wrong.

<city name="Punta Gorda, US" loca="NAM|US|FL|PUNTA GORDA" land="United States" />

Can't get this to show up at all to even add it

<city name="Odessa, US" loca="NAM|US|FL|ODESSA" land="United States" />

This one looks correct.

So what am I mising here to get the other 2 locations to work correctly?

Guest Steel Froggy
i did notice with the orginal rom i barely made any errors, but now with this one i am making alot more errors but i think i noticed when i realigned my screen they went away, i did this because i was always aiming for one letter and always hit the one to the left of it.

It's not the errors.. it's the lag. It's just so slow.

I'd text with two hands and would be just fine, but this one I seriously have to go letter-by-letter.. about half a second delay between each one.

No other applications installed. This is after a completely fresh install of your rom. Same with the lite, core, and even the regular leaked rom..

I love this stuff but if I can't type I mean gahhhh!!

Just frustrating.. Any ideas?

Guest WoZZeR999
Ok maybe Wozzer can help here.

<city name="Tampa, US" loca="NAM|US|FL|TAMPA" land="United States" />

Shows it's 50 with a high of 61 and a low of 43 it shows the Sun is out. This is way wrong.

<city name="Punta Gorda, US" loca="NAM|US|FL|PUNTA GORDA" land="United States" />

Can't get this to show up at all to even add it

<city name="Odessa, US" loca="NAM|US|FL|ODESSA" land="United States" />

This one looks correct.

So what am I mising here to get the other 2 locations to work correctly?

Hmm, something weird with that, http://rss.accuweather.com/rss/liveweather...NAM|US|FL|TAMPA shows 78 with mostly clear.

Not 100% sure what's causing that.

Guest WoZZeR999
It's not the errors.. it's the lag. It's just so slow.

I'd text with two hands and would be just fine, but this one I seriously have to go letter-by-letter.. about half a second delay between each one.

No other applications installed. This is after a completely fresh install of your rom. Same with the lite, core, and even the regular leaked rom..

I love this stuff but if I can't type I mean gahhhh!!

Just frustrating.. Any ideas?

I tried it with XT9 and without, I have no issues. I tried with 2 hands (which I normally don't), and it still seemed fine.

You can type without the letters coming up, if you just release. There can be lag with the letter popping up, but you can just press the letter and not wait for the popup.

Smoofy: It may be a M2D thing, try searching on it.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest maldonj1
Actually I'm back to having a problem deleting and coping a new file. Even Total Commander won't delete it.

i think its locked because the weather is using it, if i remember you need to disable touchflo, copy, edit paste, enable touchflo

Guest MrSmoofy
i think its locked because the weather is using it, if i remember you need to disable touchflo, copy, edit paste, enable touchflo

Yea tried that, even tried a reboot. still won't let me at that file

Guest creamridge

Saw some complaints about the new windows screen lock and having to enter a pin every time. I have it working with no pin. in the settings for the lock uncheck the box for prompt for pin. Then i went into the battery settings and set the option to lock when the device wakes up. Works fine if i lock it or if it goes to sleep. Not sure if this is posted yet. Thought some my like it. I think i am going to switch back s2u2 just because i like the notifications for that, and s2v. If i have the phone on vibrate sometimes i don't feel it and i guess i miss the little tap or slide text. With the new winmo lock i trying to tap then slide for texts or whatever and after i tap the icon slides down then goes away before i can slide it to view the message.

Also, thanks for the awesome rom!

Guest MrSmoofy

Ok learned something new about all this :D (well figured it out)

Got the weather working. Basically the rom has the file you can't delete/rename/move that file you can copy it. If you copy a file with the same name over it is uses your file and if you delete your file the rom file re appears so you don't have to delete it or anything just overwrite with your own file.

Guest MrSmoofy
For M2D, you can't delete the weather file, only overwrite. It's considered a 'Rom' file.

Oh sure post the answer right before my post so I look like a total fool :D LOL

Well atleast I understand now how that's working and got the cities I want added.

What's the average donation people are making I'd like to pay you for your hard work.

Guest Steel Froggy
I tried it with XT9 and without, I have no issues. I tried with 2 hands (which I normally don't), and it still seemed fine.

You can type without the letters coming up, if you just release. There can be lag with the letter popping up, but you can just press the letter and not wait for the popup.

Smoofy: It may be a M2D thing, try searching on it.

Alright, so what would you suggest I do?

Could it be my phone?

I suppose I could reflash back to the original rom.. then to the leaked.. then back to yours.. see if that fixes it maybe? Where would I find the original omnia rom?

Default not the leaked.. :b