--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999
So, if I use the registry, what are the steps to find the proper settings? If not, where do I find advanced config. BTW, I am using WoZZeR's 6.5 m2d (if it matters)

And.....WoZZeR - any idea when your new masterpiece will be released for us noobies to use? I read later this week. I am going out of town on Friday morning and wondering if I should find a hotel with decent wifi <_< !

I forgot the wings play tonight. I got most of the fixes done, and the new SYS ported. v4 may just be an incremental release, with minor stuff (other than more stable 6.5) done. If I ever get a free weekend (going to a wedding this weekend...), I plan to do a lot of the stuff like making naked even more minimal.

We'll see, If I don't have time tomorrow to build and test, Thursday could be the day.

I've never had Activesync problems, and I use gmail sync, so it's always running.

Guest flnfrmn
I forgot the wings play tonight. I got most of the fixes done, and the new SYS ported. v4 may just be an incremental release, with minor stuff (other than more stable 6.5) done. If I ever get a free weekend (going to a wedding this weekend...), I plan to do a lot of the stuff like making naked even more minimal.

We'll see, If I don't have time tomorrow to build and test, Thursday could be the day.

I've never had Activesync problems, and I use gmail sync, so it's always running.

Sounds great. Good luck with the game tonight! I forgot about that as well.

Guest Chris98

I added my city to the weather tab in TouchFlo but it cant find it, it comes up with Unable to retrive data for selected city and this is what i have in the .xml for it

<city name="Saginaw, MI" loca="NAM|US|MI|SAGINAW" land="United States"/>
but i cant get it to work.

Guest charles2995
where is advanced config

?

So, if I use the registry, what are the steps to find the proper settings? If not, where do I find advanced config. BTW, I am using WoZZeR's 6.5 m2d (if it matters)

its one of the programs in the start menu. at least, it is on the lite rom

Guest charles2995

hey this is a shoutout to everybody..

i realized last night that if you are having problems that nobody else is having with your omnia, the best thing to do is do a hard reset, and THEN reflash the phone. something about getting a clean start helped my omnia run smoother and it fixed a lot of errors i was having

Guest i'mdangerous
its one of the programs in the start menu. at least, it is on the lite rom

It's there. I didn't look there. I was looking under settings. Thanks ...

Guest printing724

I wanted to report another successful flash and especially extend thanks to Adrynalyn, Wozzer, and the many others whose labor made my phone a better device.

Never had a smartphone before January, bought one to educate myself as to directions technology is going (engineer by trade). I've learned a lot in the past month thanks to all of you.

For those still sitting on the fence...it works, read, read, read.

The only thing I did that was not in the instructions was to download the CC20 rom from two different sources (torrent and idoctor) and verified identical file size before flashing. Unnecessary but made me feel better.

GPS as good as Garmin, better in some respects. AmazeGPS is excellent so far. Had fun mowing this evening while watching the little dot go 'round and 'round the field in Google Maps.

Again, thanks to all for my education.

Guest maldonj1
Had fun mowing this evening while watching the little dot go 'round and 'round the field in Google Maps.

Again, thanks to all for my education.

ROFL, i do that too, pretty much everywhere i go i got a dot following me...lol

Guest gdwrnch29
alright would somebody PLEASE help me add an icon for a custom panel? i put a 50x50 png of opera into my storage/my documents and its still giving me the directory not found error in chome

I had no luck either with icons stored in my storage/my documents. I DID have luck with icons stored in storage card/my documents. Hope that helps! <_<

Guest Apo11on
21232 is out for kitchens, I will try to get all of the fixes in too. If I can port over 21232 quickly tonight, and work on the fixes tomorrow, I would expect a late weds release. Don't hold me to that date though, could be as late as Friday.

Does anyone know where to get Microsoft's changelog for these WM6.5 builds?

Guest Apo11on
will the new version have the microsoft dialer?

and be able to overide the samsung dialer.

the samsung dialer is ok...but the microsoft dialer is much better with the buttons more spaced out.

i would have to get adjusted to it but...i dont mind <_<

Both dialers suck pretty bad, it's not even in the same league, comparing to this(remove spaces from the URL): http://www. i c o n s o f t.com/

Guest Omega Ra
Both dialers suck pretty bad, it's not even in the same league, comparing to this(remove spaces from the URL): http://www. i c o n s o f t.com/

the only problem with that one is that there is a price tag. Samsung dialer and WinMo dialer are free...

Guest mwm87hollywood

Hey Wozzer great work dude! I've been following the thread for awhile and would like to say thanks to everyone who has been so helpful in this thread. I know this has been discussed, just wondering if anyone has any updates. I really miss my Pandora, as Houston radio stations just plain suck in my personal opinion! Any word if this might be working in the more "stable" 21232 version. Also, anyone have a link to the pocket last.fm they've been using as an alternative? Thnx again guys!

Guest Dblocker

Hey Wozzer, I just installed the titanium tasks panel called Taskanium. Had to do some simple edits on the .cpr files but this works great. I now have easy access to my To-Do list. How about including in your next "all-in-1" build?

Guest mikeycee123

what is jblend for? i click download and it takes me to wap.samsungmobile.com but says this service is only for samsung handset users ?

Guest i'mdangerous

I noticed that my PUSH was not working. I checked my ActiveSync and there are not any Push settings, just time frames starting at manual, then 5min, 10min ....

Did that (PUSH) go away?

Edited by i'mdangerous

Guest necosino
what is jblend for? i click download and it takes me to wap.samsungmobile.com but says this service is only for samsung handset users ?

If you download any Java-based applications (*.jar), they get extracted and installed by JBlend. Then when you want to run them, open JBlend and you'll see a list of installed applications/games.

Guest AngusATAT
I added my city to the weather tab in TouchFlo but it cant find it, it comes up with Unable to retrive data for selected city and this is what i have in the .xml for it

but i cant get it to work.

Enable the Win 6.5 Default Today screen, then go into Titanium Weather and input your zip code into there. That should fix it. For some reason the weather in M2D won't find a lot of places.

Guest WoZZeR999

21232 Seems a lot more stable. I have some new cpr's and a whole lot more panels, thanks to sector. I haven't seen the lock screen crash yet, but it's been less than a day playing with it. I'll keep everyone updated.

Guest WdGldDave
X 2 On this one. I would love to have the auto suggest back for text/emails. Made my life my more touch friendly when it was working in v2. Would also like to give a HUGE thanks to Wozzer for all his hard work. My phone is sooo much faster and infinitely more usable now.

Can anyone offer any help on this one? I'm thinking about going back to V.2 just to have this feature back. I forgot how helpful it was to have the autofill feature. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Wozzer's 6.5 rom V.2 lite?

Guest aleis
21232 Seems a lot more stable. I have some new cpr's and a whole lot more panels, thanks to sector. I haven't seen the lock screen crash yet, but it's been less than a day playing with it. I'll keep everyone updated.

of particular importance to me is the battery life!

on v1 of the first build the battery life is horrible!

then stability and lastly functionality.

anything different..i can wait for the release but...with phones im a little kid!

are you there yet??? <_<

Guest i'mdangerous

in addition to "Push" not really working, i noticed that Microsoft Exchange Policies did NOT have to be applied when connecting to an Exchange Server. Some may find this a + but if you lose your phone, without the policies, you can't remote Wipe.

any idea how to enable the Policies stuff with exchange?

Guest JDawg183

Here is a new error I have not seen in my following of this thread. It started with live search but worked its way through some other programs (freecaddie, skyfire, etc). When i try to open the problematic programs (in this case Live Search), I get this error "The file "lsm_LSLaunch" cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file". I was on V2 until last night, and live search was working great, until yesterday afternoon it crapped out on me (still using V2). I switched to V3 hoping that maybe that would fix the problem, reinstalled all of those programs and still none of them work. Any suggestions?