--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest syrguy1969
OK so which way do you think I should go? Lite version with SPB MS3, or the M2D version?

If I were you, I would start with the light without MS3...I have used Shell since the first version and I have actually dropped Shell because Titanium along with the honeycomb menu pretty much make this OS finger friendly and easy to use.....besides, you can always add shell later, or flash to the M2D ROM later if you don't care for Titanium!!!

Guest enkryptik

pocket plus has been working fine for me. maybe you need an update version or something? I didn't even reinstall it, just restored spb backup when i flashed the 6.5 rom

Guest chubbyboy88
anyone heard from wozzer abt the new release , and does anyone know what changes are on it

I Think its a newer build of the os

Guest WdGldDave
Completely disabling xT9 will bring that feature back.

I think I disabled it but I am still not getting the autofill feature in the To: line for emails or texts. I swear that version 2 or Wozzer's rom (the one missing the office apps) had this feature enabled (and xT9 too but separate) once I installed the cab version of the Word/Excel/PPT. Any ideas? Please?

Guest WoZZeR999

I'm not sure where the auto-fill comes from. That will probably be something I can look into later. V4 is mainly a bug fix release, with a updated OS (and lots of new panels). Hopefully today I can get them out.

Guest techmaster7545
I'm not sure where the auto-fill comes from. That will probably be something I can look into later. V4 is mainly a bug fix release, with a updated OS (and lots of new panels). Hopefully today I can get them out.

Sweet cant wait for another great release from wozzer

Guest Adrynalyne
I think I disabled it but I am still not getting the autofill feature in the To: line for emails or texts. I swear that version 2 or Wozzer's rom (the one missing the office apps) had this feature enabled (and xT9 too but separate) once I installed the cab version of the Word/Excel/PPT. Any ideas? Please?

Unless you disabled it via the registry, its not really disabled.

Guest Adrynalyne

If I were you, I would start with the light without MS3...I have used Shell since the first version and I have actually dropped Shell because Titanium along with the honeycomb menu pretty much make this OS finger friendly and easy to use.....besides, you can always add shell later, or flash to the M2D ROM later if you don't care for Titanium!!!

Yeah Titanium is pretty cool with the honeycomb. But, is there a way to configure Titanium and the Honeycomb menu that is simple to do? I am pretty much a newb in the smartphone/pocket pc arena.

Guest flnfrmn

How do I find XT9 in the registry so I can disable it? I am still learning the whole registry thing. Also, what is XT9 used for exactly.

Nevermind.....I know what XT9 is used for. I just can't find it in the registry.

Edited by flnfrmn

Guest br91655
How do I find XT9 in the registry so I can disable it? I am still learning the whole registry thing. Also, what is XT9 used for exactly.

Nevermind.....I know what XT9 is used for. I just can't find it in the registry.

Google for 'duttythroy Disable xt9.cab'

Guest flnfrmn
Word completion, prediction, etc.

To disable it, its easiest just to use a cab file. Or I can give you the manual instructions.

This works great. Thanks <_<

Guest talkshowhost

Thanks for everyones help so far. I have another question/problem but i'm sure this one is easily fixable -

When im listening to music with whatever player is used for the music panel in the 6.5 M2d rom, I like to turn the screen off (by pressing the top button) to save power and keep buttons from being pressed while its in my pocket. The problem is, the player will only play the current song and then stop, and it wont play the next song until i turn the screen back on. Is there any way to keep the player going even when the screen goes off?

Thanks!

Guest Tesler32

Any way to get the automatic sound profile for going into virbrate during meetings like in M2D without using M2D. I like using MS3 over M2D. Thank

Guest nobodyzero
Thanks for everyones help so far. I have another question/problem but i'm sure this one is easily fixable -

When im listening to music with whatever player is used for the music panel in the 6.5 M2d rom, I like to turn the screen off (by pressing the top button) to save power and keep buttons from being pressed while its in my pocket. The problem is, the player will only play the current song and then stop, and it wont play the next song until i turn the screen back on. Is there any way to keep the player going even when the screen goes off?

Thanks!

I use the same ROM and M2D player and never have a problem with it moving on to the next song in the album. IF you're listening to songs that aren't in the same album then I'm guessing you'll need to make a playlist.

Guest JDawg183

So I was able to get Live Search and Freecaddie to work, but only by installing it to the device, rather than my storage. I dont really like it, but it worked. Anyone find the fix for that so i can install things on my storage again? I still havent gotten my stuff from the bug reporting site.

Guest talkshowhost
I use the same ROM and M2D player and never have a problem with it moving on to the next song in the album. IF you're listening to songs that aren't in the same album then I'm guessing you'll need to make a playlist.

Hmmm, i dont know what the problem is then. I had S2U2 installed at one point, but i removed it because it was causing problems. Maybe its somehow not completely gone? All the songs i'm listening to are on the same album, so i'm not sure why i'm experiencing a problem and you are not. Would you mine sharing with me your power settings? or any other settings that could affect this? perhaps i just have it set up wrong.

Guest maldonj1

Thanks!

i just set mine on shuffle

Guest talkshowhost
i just set mine on shuffle

wouldnt that make it play songs out of order?

I think there may be something else going on with my omnia. I just discovered that if i dont manually press the button to turn off the screen, my omnia will stay on indefinately. i have it set in settings to turn off the backlight after 30 seconds and turn off after one minute, but it wont turn off. i have a feeling its something s2u2 did when i had it installed. i would consider hard resetting, but instead i think i'll just wait a little bit and see if wozzer releases the new ROM today.

Guest maldonj1
wouldnt that make it play songs out of order?

I think there may be something else going on with my omnia. I just discovered that if i dont manually press the button to turn off the screen, my omnia will stay on indefinately. i have it set in settings to turn off the backlight after 30 seconds and turn off after one minute, but it wont turn off. i have a feeling its something s2u2 did when i had it installed. i would consider hard resetting, but instead i think i'll just wait a little bit and see if wozzer releases the new ROM today.

yes they will be shuffled and play randomly, i prefer that so i dont get bored with my music and know whats coming next, as far as the screen, i think that was happening to mine, it was like something would cause it to wake up, now i install an add on every few hours to make sure everything runs fine before installing the next one and at that im only running 4 addons at most i think

Edited by maldonj1

Guest Ninja4Hire
If I disable XT9 then I have to hit the backspace key before I am presented with recipient list for the text and email To: field. I am using Adrynalyne'shttp://forum.ppcgeeks.com/member.php?u=186399 rom. I believe though that the Samsung XT9 Keyboard is designed to work with XT9. <_< When I turn off XT9 then I use the SPB keyboard.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding what you are trying to do, but have you guys tried this yet? (oh and sorry if this was already said)

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Layouts\e0010409\Ime File

set the Ime File value from \windows\XT9ime.dll to compime.dll

Guest jbarajasp

HEY I NOTICED THAT THE "SPRING FLICK" WENT AWAY AFTER A WHILE AND WAS REPLACED WITH THE USUAL "HTC FLICK SCROLL" IS THERE A WAY TO FIX THIS?