--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Rob V
I am using v4 lite. When I lock my phone and it stays locked for a while it will not "wake" up. None of the buttons will respond and nothing happens.

I'm having precisely the same problem, also using v4 lite with the native WM lock/unlock slider. When this happens, I recover by doing a soft-reset with the stylus in the top hole. What's strange is that the phone then seems to reboot normally (I see the Samsung and then the WM splash screens), but instead of ending up at the Titanium today screen I get the lock/unlock slider panel. At that point, I just slide and everything unlocks as expected.

What I don't understand is the apparent dependency on how long the phone has been locked: If I lock it and then wake it up within a few minutes, there's never a problem. But if it's locked for a longer period of time, I can't wake it up without a soft reset. Any thoughts??

jdaghir suggested setting it so only the top power button is used for wakeup, but mine was already set that way so I don't think that's the solution.

This is the biggest problem I've had with the 6.5 ROMs. It's been a consistent issue for the last several ROM versions and I would love to find a fix!

Guest jbrittmartin

anybody know how to change the power on and power off gifs and wavs on this 6.5?

can't seem to find the files on this new OS.

Guest blazingwolf
anybody know how to change the power on and power off gifs and wavs on this 6.5?

can't seem to find the files on this new OS.

They are called the same thing as in 6.1 because the OEM (the file they are located in) is the 6.1 OEM.

Guest ribbz

for some reason none of my ring tones are working. i put them in a my ringtones folder under my storage, and also tried the my ringtones folder under the device storage. any1 else having this problem? i have also installed sm player that is on the first page. using .04 lite.

edit:

midi files work but MP3s do not. I can select the mp3 ring tones on the edit contact screen, but nothing plays there, not even the default verizon ring. Also, I can play the files using windows media player and sm player just fine...they are just not audible as ring tones...

Edited by ribbz

Guest jbrittmartin

am i blind? or just an idiot? i can't seem to find them in the Windows folder.... have they been moved?

They are called the same thing as in 6.1 because the OEM (the file they are located in) is the 6.1 OEM.

Guest blazingwolf
am i blind? or just an idiot? i can't seem to find them in the Windows folder.... have they been moved?

Did you set the file browser to see all files?

Guest jbrittmartin

D'OH. used Total Commander and had no issues. thank you for your replies.

new question though.... the link given by WoZZer on the first post on how to configure other cities for weather doesn't work anymore... anybody have another link or instructions?

Did you set the file browser to see all files?
Edited by jbrittmartin

Guest reydiodj
I'm having precisely the same problem, also using v4 lite with the native WM lock/unlock slider. When this happens, I recover by doing a soft-reset with the stylus in the top hole. What's strange is that the phone then seems to reboot normally (I see the Samsung and then the WM splash screens), but instead of ending up at the Titanium today screen I get the lock/unlock slider panel. At that point, I just slide and everything unlocks as expected.

What I don't understand is the apparent dependency on how long the phone has been locked: If I lock it and then wake it up within a few minutes, there's never a problem. But if it's locked for a longer period of time, I can't wake it up without a soft reset. Any thoughts??

jdaghir suggested setting it so only the top power button is used for wakeup, but mine was already set that way so I don't think that's the solution.

This is the biggest problem I've had with the 6.5 ROMs. It's been a consistent issue for the last several ROM versions and I would love to find a fix!

I can confirm this w/the .04 stock ROM too. Sometimes it will wake up to an incoming call though - sometimes.

I'll add this to the bugtracker if no one has yet...

Edited by reydiodj

Guest djkswiss

The link to change cities for the weather widget is broken, could somebody please post instructions or new link?

Thanks!

Guest techmaster7545
The link to change cities for the weather widget is broken, could somebody please post instructions or new link?

Thanks!

i run v4 lite and my city change just fine for the weather panel is this what ur talking abt or are you talking abt M2D

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest semmtexx

Hey can someone post or direct me to the original theme tat comes on Wozzers 6.5 lite v4 rom? I switched themes and i'm stuck with the old itty bitty menus and crap. Can't figure out how to revert without hard resetting. I downloaded some crappy pure black 2 theme and it ended up being nothing like the pics. PLease help! Thanks.

Guest bikefreq

Ok. First post here. I flashed to v4 m2d, and installed SPB Mobile Shell 3. I have been reading through most of this thread and don't see the answer....maybe I just missed it.... BUT for some reason, my WM Lock isn't locking my screen during a call. My touch dialer lock is set to "2 seconds". Is there another setting elsewhere for the WM6.5 Lock?

Guest techmaster7545
Hey can someone post or direct me to the original theme tat comes on Wozzers 6.5 lite v4 rom? I switched themes and i'm stuck with the old itty bitty menus and crap. Can't figure out how to revert without hard resetting. I downloaded some crappy pure black 2 theme and it ended up being nothing like the pics. PLease help! Thanks.

i just unchecked and rechecked the windows default

Guest semmtexx
i just unchecked and rechecked the windows default

Just tried it. Not working. Still crappy old menus and non translucent bars. ggrrr. I really dont want to reset. I have done alot of customizing. CRAP.

Guest techmaster7545
Just tried it. Not working. Still crappy old menus and non translucent bars. ggrrr. I really dont want to reset. I have done alot of customizing. CRAP.

make sure the the background thing is not checked under settings--today and had to delete the two themes that i installed then all was good

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest PearlMikeJam
Ok. First post here. I flashed to v4 m2d, and installed SPB Mobile Shell 3. I have been reading through most of this thread and don't see the answer....maybe I just missed it.... BUT for some reason, my WM Lock isn't locking my screen during a call. My touch dialer lock is set to "2 seconds". Is there another setting elsewhere for the WM6.5 Lock?

The versions of the ROMs that I have used have the Samsung Dialer disabled. That is what locks the screen. To change this, go to the Advanced Config Tool-Phone-Phone skin. Change this to Enabled and soft reset. This will enable the Samsung Dialer and lock the screen at the set time when you are in a call.

Guest semmtexx
make sure the the background thing is not checked under settings--today and had to delete the two themes that i installed then all was good

Did that and still no dice. And whats weird is it still seems to be using the pureblack2 theme even though i uninstalled it. grrr....

Guest techmaster7545
Did that and still no dice. And whats weird is it still seems to be using the pureblack2 theme even though i uninstalled it. grrr....

did u try a soft reset if u did then ill have to do some looking into it

Guest semmtexx
did u try a soft reset if u did then ill have to do some looking into it

Yep. Soft resetted several times now. Frustrating. After a fresh flash to the lite, is there a tsk file for the theme? I don't remember...

Guest techmaster7545
Yep. Soft resetted several times now. Frustrating. After a fresh flash to the lite, is there a tsk file for the theme? I don't remember...

not sure best bet is to ask wozzer cant see ur phone to see why its not working maybe go to advanced config tool and highlight user interface then

click menu then restore all settings also do today the same way then soft reset

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest WoZZeR999

Try downloading PureBlack2 theme from XDA, that is what it is based on.

Also, I may have a new SYS (not sure if it's fake or not, it comes from a reputable source). 21725, which may be close to final. I built it, but I can't flash right now because I'm not at home. I'll test it when I get home. If this is closer to final, many of the locking bugs should be fixed. I'll let you all know in around 7 hours or so.

Guest talkshowhost
Well if it shows up in Itunes and Media Player then the artwork is probably embedded in the mp3 tag. Hopefully someone else can confirm this but it seems like when you transfer an mp3 with album art embedded, windows mobile pulls out the embedded album art. I don't know why it does, maybe for space conservation.

The way I fix this is go to Google images and just search "[album name] cover" and then pick one and drag it into the album folder and rename it to "folder.jpg" This is by far not the easiest way to do it but I like doing it manually to ensure I have the right art and a good quality one.

Ok, so i took your suggestion and it still doesnt work! for WMPlayer, the HTC audio player used in M2D, or an aftermarket program called kinoma that i use. To be specific, for example, i have every radiohead album and used that as a test. Under Music, I have a Radiohead folder, and then under that folder, i have folders with names for each album. In the "Amnesiac" folder, i placed a jpg named "Amnesiac.jpg". In the "Kid A" folder, I placed a jpg named "Kid A.jpg". I did the same thing for every album and it didnt work.

One thing ive noticed for the few albums that had artwork is that there was a jpg picture in the folder, and a 0kb "photos" file. I have no idea whats going on and i'd really like to have album artwork on my smartphone. I dont understand why this should be so difficult. can you (or anyone else) offer other suggestions?

Thanks!

Guest Egin Tollkuci
Try downloading PureBlack2 theme from XDA, that is what it is based on.

Also, I may have a new SYS (not sure if it's fake or not, it comes from a reputable source). 21725, which may be close to final. I built it, but I can't flash right now because I'm not at home. I'll test it when I get home. If this is closer to final, many of the locking bugs should be fixed. I'll let you all know in around 7 hours or so.

Here is a good post by sector outlining all the theme changes you can make. It has the links for pureblack and glossblack and all the other good stuff.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...le-6-5-goodies/