--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Egin Tollkuci
Ok, so i took your suggestion and it still doesnt work! for WMPlayer, the HTC audio player used in M2D, or an aftermarket program called kinoma that i use. To be specific, for example, i have every radiohead album and used that as a test. Under Music, I have a Radiohead folder, and then under that folder, i have folders with names for each album. In the "Amnesiac" folder, i placed a jpg named "Amnesiac.jpg". In the "Kid A" folder, I placed a jpg named "Kid A.jpg". I did the same thing for every album and it didnt work.

One thing ive noticed for the few albums that had artwork is that there was a jpg picture in the folder, and a 0kb "photos" file. I have no idea whats going on and i'd really like to have album artwork on my smartphone. I dont understand why this should be so difficult. can you (or anyone else) offer other suggestions?

Thanks!

I'm sorry my post wasn't clear. name every album art "folder.jpg" not "[foldername].jpg". When you name a jpeg "folder" it makes it the picture for that folder.

Guest talkshowhost
I'm sorry my post wasn't clear. name every album art "folder.jpg" not "[foldername].jpg". When you name a jpeg "folder" it makes it the picture for that folder.

Thanks again for the quick reply. I did as you instructed and named every jpg "folder.jpg" and it still doesnt work. i even had windows media player scan the entire library again and no luck.

I think i'm going to go home, delete all the music on my storage card, and then try to sync via windows mobile device center in vista. since i have artwork in itunes and in vista media center and vista media player on my pc, maybe if i sync that way instead of copying folders, it will work.

Edited by talkshowhost

Guest Rob Storm
Also, I may have a new SYS (not sure if it's fake or not, it comes from a reputable source). 21725, which may be close to final. I built it, but I can't flash right now because I'm not at home. I'll test it when I get home. If this is closer to final, many of the locking bugs should be fixed. I'll let you all know in around 7 hours or so.

Wow!!! Hopefully it will turn out to be real.

Guest Draconius
Try downloading PureBlack2 theme from XDA, that is what it is based on.

Also, I may have a new SYS (not sure if it's fake or not, it comes from a reputable source). 21725, which may be close to final. I built it, but I can't flash right now because I'm not at home. I'll test it when I get home. If this is closer to final, many of the locking bugs should be fixed. I'll let you all know in around 7 hours or so.

So there is a v.05 possibly already coming out? If so I am going ot hold out on that instead of flashing to the 21232.

Guest Egin Tollkuci
Thanks again for the quick reply. I did as you instructed and named every jpg "folder.jpg" and it still doesnt work. i even had windows media player scan the entire library again and no luck.

I think i'm going to go home, delete all the music on my storage card, and then try to sync via windows mobile device center in vista. since i have artwork in itunes and in vista media center and vista media player on my pc, maybe if i sync that way instead of copying folders, it will work.

Thats Wierd that it doesn't work. If syncing through windows doesn't work either than i have one other thing you can try. In Itunes, go to the grid view and sort by album. Ten right click on an album and click info. On the bottom right of the pop there is a little box for album art, drag the picture named folder.jpg into there and that will embedd the labum art into the mp3. Maybe the art that is shown isn't embedded. thats the only other thing i have done that is different from you.

Guest QRULEZ
Try downloading PureBlack2 theme from XDA, that is what it is based on.

I think that is an internal Microsoft Build and a post release version. We might really find some greater stability in this release.

Guest Draconius
I would give saturday as the earliest for v.05. I have a lot of stuff to do outside of phone work.

No worries on it. I have waited this long before flashing v.04. Glad to see you are still working on stuff.

Can't wait to see the results!!!

Guest talkshowhost
Thats Wierd that it doesn't work. If syncing through windows doesn't work either than i have one other thing you can try. In Itunes, go to the grid view and sort by album. Ten right click on an album and click info. On the bottom right of the pop there is a little box for album art, drag the picture named folder.jpg into there and that will embedd the labum art into the mp3. Maybe the art that is shown isn't embedded. thats the only other thing i have done that is different from you.

well i think the problem may be that itunes DOES imbedd the album art in each mp3 and either one of two things is happening -

1. When transferring files via USB cable to the phone, i get a messaging saying windows may modify the files for the mobile device. Its possible windows mobile device center strips the embedded artwork from the files to save space (this would make sense since the compressed artwork file is duplicated in every song on the same album).

2. windows mobile media players are incapeable of displaying embedded artwork.

If the former is the case, an easy solution would be to remove my microSD card from my phone, and manually transfer the files via the cardreader on my computer. This would ensure windows didnt strip the embedded artwork from the mp3 files.

If the latter is the case, then I need to find a way to change settings in itunes or media center to store artwork as a seperate jpg instead of embedding it in each mp3.

Guest semmtexx
not sure best bet is to ask wozzer cant see ur phone to see why its not working maybe go to advanced config tool and highlight user interface then

click menu then restore all settings also do today the same way then soft reset

I tried the advanced config stuff too. I'll try to download the stuff that sector has posted. if that doesn't work I'll reset.

Guest Egin Tollkuci
well i think the problem may be that itunes DOES imbedd the album art in each mp3 and either one of two things is happening -

1. When transferring files via USB cable to the phone, i get a messaging saying windows may modify the files for the mobile device. Its possible windows mobile device center strips the embedded artwork from the files to save space (this would make sense since the compressed artwork file is duplicated in every song on the same album).

2. windows mobile media players are incapeable of displaying embedded artwork.

If the former is the case, an easy solution would be to remove my microSD card from my phone, and manually transfer the files via the cardreader on my computer. This would ensure windows didnt strip the embedded artwork from the mp3 files.

If the latter is the case, then I need to find a way to change settings in itunes or media center to store artwork as a seperate jpg instead of embedding it in each mp3.

Let me know what you figure out. Here is the process I take with all of my mp3's.

Step 1 - Name the folder after the album

Step 2 - Manually find album art for each folder and rename to "folder.jpg"

Step 3 - Embed artwork using itunes

Step 4 - Drag entire folder into omnia using file explorer on my computer

That seems to work for me I cant figure out why it isn't working on your phone.

Guest semmtexx
Here is a good post by sector outlining all the theme changes you can make. It has the links for pureblack and glossblack and all the other good stuff.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...le-6-5-goodies/

What's funny is it was actually the pure black 2 that did it. I haven't tried the gloss black but I doubt it will change anything. My guess is that the theme either erased or wrote over something that wozzer had in the lite rom. I also found some cab called Mystic System that is supposed to enable the touch friendly menus that are now gone. I installed it but it had no effect at all....I'm resetting after work tonight. It just sucks because i had really decked out my titanium to the max. all custome icons and stuff too. Oh well...

Guest techmaster7545
What's funny is it was actually the pure black 2 that did it. I haven't tried the gloss black but I doubt it will change anything. My guess is that the theme either erased or wrote over something that wozzer had in the lite rom. I also found some cab called Mystic System that is supposed to enable the touch friendly menus that are now gone. I installed it but it had no effect at all....I'm resetting after work tonight. It just sucks because i had really decked out my titanium to the max. all custome icons and stuff too. Oh well...

i didnt install either one of them themes but did install diffrent one and what i shared with u worked for me so maybe its something to do with those themes not sure as u said u made alot of changes im not aware of so it makes it hard to trouble shoot sorry

Guest techmaster7545

Wozzer will u be able to tell us if v5 that ur thinking of is real or fake before Saturday just so we have the info

Guest talkshowhost
Let me know what you figure out. Here is the process I take with all of my mp3's.

Step 1 - Name the folder after the album

Step 2 - Manually find album art for each folder and rename to "folder.jpg"

Step 3 - Embed artwork using itunes

Step 4 - Drag entire folder into omnia using file explorer on my computer

That seems to work for me I cant figure out why it isn't working on your phone.

i'll try troubleshooting this some more tonight when i get home. i have to say i'm finding alot more issues with v4 than i had with v3. for example, im on EST and all my phone settings are for EST. however, starting today, every incoming SMS message i receive is PST. Every outgoing message i send is EST. So my conversations have someone replying to me at 1:05PM to a text message I sent them at 4PM. kinda irritating but just a little bug i didnt have with v3.

Guest i'mdangerous
I would give saturday as the earliest for v.05. I have a lot of stuff to do outside of phone work.

I'm curious as to which of your version VZW is going to take and make official...

Guest charles2995
Ok. First post here. I flashed to v4 m2d, and installed SPB Mobile Shell 3. I have been reading through most of this thread and don't see the answer....maybe I just missed it.... BUT for some reason, my WM Lock isn't locking my screen during a call. My touch dialer lock is set to "2 seconds". Is there another setting elsewhere for the WM6.5 Lock?

aha very good question. you have to reenable the original dialer. open advanced config and go to phone/phoneskin and enable it

Guest charles2995

a few things i could see being helpful to add in v.5 would be

1) for the unlock screen, you should make it so the backlight is on. otherwise, if your outside, its virtually impossible to see

2)maybe a way to increase the overal brightness?

3) maybe when you press the start menu and the honeycombs come up, there could be a solid background behind it because otherwise the background kinda blends in with the icons

4) if i try to enable a custom wallpaper, i cant use the theme with the glossy finger menus and stuff like that

Edited by charles2995

Guest Adrynalyne
Wozzer will u be able to tell us if v5 that ur thinking of is real or fake before Saturday just so we have the info

Its real, I have it cooked.

Guest smashedpumpkins
Its uploaded and on ppcgeeks.

Ahhh sounds like I should wait then before flashing? Or will I need to install V4 first anyways?

Guest peperonikiller
Ahhh sounds like I should wait then before flashing? Or will I need to install V4 first anyways?

Once you have flashed the CC20 ROM you can do it in any order, go directly to v.04 then if u wanted u could go back to CC20