Same old GPS probs with BJ2

Guest f8fbearcat

Guest f8fbearcat

Trying to get the GPS to work on this thing.

I purchased a refurbed BJ2 in August of 2008. Worked great, ran MoDaCo GPS hack and got google maps running like a champ. In November 2008, I installed WM 6.1 and ran GPS hack again and reinstalled and all was well, google maps ran just as good, if not better, than before the upgrade.

Last week I guess I dropped my BJ2 one too many times and the mic crapped out as did the bluetooth, so a friend of mine gave me her BJ2 and she then went and bought herself a new iphone.

She always used Telenav, but I noticed it was very slow picking up satellites, but it would eventually work.

Thrilled to have a free phone, I get home and run google maps on it, but it doesn't find the satellites, just says 'seeking gps..'. So I run the MoDaCo hack on it, uninstall and reinstall google maps just in case, but it still doesn't work. I also ran SDA Apps Unlock.

Finally I install WM 6.1 and am certain all will be well now. Nope, gps still not working even after applying hack again.

I can literally sit on my sofa and put each phone in the exact place and my old one will grab gps signals literally in five seconds, while in the 'new' phone does nothing but sit there seeking signals.

Ugh!

I even used the same sim card in each, just in case.

I then compared registry entries and found them to be *fairly* identical, so I updated the 'new' BJ2 to the same entries as the old one, but to no avail. Tried changing com ports to this and that, but still nothing. Next I tried the MoDaCo 6.1 Tweaks for com6, but still nothing.

I've read a lot in the forums and elsewhere about people having no luck with their GPS BJ's, but I find it hard to believe that so many phones have no working gps's.

The only difference I can see between the phones is the color, new one is black, old one is red..

What gives?

Chris

Guest Nottach

i think they just crap out, mine worked fairly well before the 6.1 upgrade then after the upgrade it worked extremely well. then one fateful day, nothing. ive hard reset many times, ive tried many configurations. i think its just dead.

Guest f8fbearcat

I just reinstalled WM 6.1 on the older BJ2, the one that has working gps, reinstalled hack and google maps and the gps is not working on it now. Something is fishy.