Aaaarrrgghhh! Constant rebooting with DXID1

Guest smartieroadie

Guest smartieroadie

Hi guys,

I really need to sort this and get out and use my phone. Gone from DXIA2_DZIA2 to Secanys DXID1 firmware and all it does is reboot to the Tap the screen to set up your Windows Mobile Based Device then say it needs to reboot and goes back to the again.

Flashed back to DXIA2_DZIA2 using Grand Prix 1.8.10, taken the SIM out now and changed the phone to Singapore and will try again (UK Based) phone.

Anyone got any ideas?

Guest smartieroadie

Well didn't get anywhere.

The phone seemed to be getting hot too when it kept rebooting.

Can only use the phone with DXIA2/DZIA2 PDA, DXAI2 PHONE and DXIA5 Contents via a GrandPrix flash.

If I set the phone to UK, Post paid O2 it won't take any of the normal XP flasher programs for DXIA5 or DXID1 without this reboot looping.

Anyone any ideas or can someone break down the new ID1 firmware so I can try and flash in GrandPrix??

Guest Lyncexx
Well didn't get anywhere.

The phone seemed to be getting hot too when it kept rebooting.

Can only use the phone with DXIA2/DZIA2 PDA, DXAI2 PHONE and DXIA5 Contents via a GrandPrix flash.

If I set the phone to UK, Post paid O2 it won't take any of the normal XP flasher programs for DXIA5 or DXID1 without this reboot looping.

Anyone any ideas or can someone break down the new ID1 firmware so I can try and flash in GrandPrix??

thats strange, for me everything seems fine for now, did you tryed to hard reset before flashing and after flashing? btw i flashed with default flasher, not grandprix

Edited by Lyncexx

Guest smartieroadie
thats strange, for me everything seems fine for now, did you tryed to hard reset before flashing and after flashing? btw i flashed with default flasher, not grandprix

Hi,

Yes. Formatted the SD card, hard reset the internal memory then flashed. Couldn't hard reset after flashing as it just looped. Only way to stop it was take the battery off.

Charging it up again now and will try it later.

Guest sjhshaw
Hi,

Yes. Formatted the SD card, hard reset the internal memory then flashed. Couldn't hard reset after flashing as it just looped. Only way to stop it was take the battery off.

Charging it up again now and will try it later.

Have a look at this, dunno if it helps. Seems as though they were having the same problems..

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/285140/...read/page/3060/content-page/285140/qbus-sector-khuanchai-windows-mobile-6-5-research-thread/page/3060/#

Guest sugardad

Hi,

I will give you TWO solutions that *might* help you

Dont excersise both (NO NEED)

Do It through XP

No need to make It Hong Kong or other region

No need for GP

Solution(?) A.

1. ShutDown OMNIA

2. Perform OMNIA FORMAT (Press Answer and Endcall button together and whilst holding them press Power ON)

3. After Format wait till OMNIA shows the Windows mobile welcome screen and TURN IT OFF

4. Launch Firmware Installer DXID1

5. Connect OMNIA to a free USB Port - NOT HUB -

6. Turn on OMNIA and as soon as you see the Samsung OMNIA logo press the Start button @ the Installer App

If the above won't work for you follow solution B.

Solution(?) B.

1. ShutDown OMNIA

2. Perform OMNIA FORMAT (Press Answer and Endcall button together and whilst holding them press Power ON)

3. After Format wait till OMNIA shows the Windows mobile welcome screen and TURN IT OFF

4. Download or search web for OMNIA HK1 ROM

6. Turn on OMNIA and as soon as you see the Samsung OMNIA logo press the Start button @ the Installer App

7. After the HK1 Flash has finished - disconnect OMNIA from USB - perform the routine customization to your OMNIA (OMNIA's default customization reboot, Screen alignment, etc) till you are thrown at the touchwiz today screen

8. ShutDown OMNIA

9. Start the DXID1 Installer

10. Connect OMNIA to a free USB Port - NOT HUB -

11. Turn on OMNIA and as soon as you see the Samsung OMNIA logo press the Start button @ the Installer App

This is the hardest solution but It proved to be the stablest solution I had to offer for my friends....

I hope It works also for you too

Cheers!

Edited by sugardad

Guest sugardad

That's Great news!

I'm glad we sorted out your problem!

ooooh BTW

on the dialer just to be 100% sure

dial the following: *#2470# wait for up to 3-5 minutes and reboot OMNIA

this lil string updates not only OMNIA Camera but ensures radio firmware smooth Installation

Edited by sugardad

Guest achen_su
Hi,

I will give you TWO solutions that *might* help you

Dont excersise both (NO NEED)

Do It through XP

No need to make It Hong Kong or other region

No need for GP

Solution(?) A.

1. ShutDown OMNIA

If the above won't work for you follow solution B.

Solution(?) B.

1. ShutDown OMNIA

4. Download or search web for OMNIA HK1 ROM

7. After the HK1 Flash has finished - disconnect OMNIA from USB - perform the routine customization to your OMNIA (OMNIA's default customization reboot, Screen alignment, etc) till you are thrown at the touchwiz today screen

8. ShutDown OMNIA

9. Start the DXID1 Installer

10. Connect OMNIA to a free USB Port - NOT HUB -

11. Turn on OMNIA and as soon as you see the Samsung OMNIA logo press the Start button @ the Installer App

This is the hardest solution but It proved to be the stablest solution I had to offer for my friends....

I hope It works also for you too

Cheers!

i want to know format it mean hard reset?

thanks