Camera problem - Nothing appears on Viewfinder

Guest rockinrodders

Guest rockinrodders

I recently bought a Smasung Omnia. The first few times I used the camera it appeared to work ok, I could take photos and when they appeared on screen I would press ok and save them. Unfortunately when I went back to view the photos through file explorer or media gallery none of the photos would load and I would get an error message saying 'file format invalid'

If I uploaded them to PC, I would get a similar message saying the photo files were corrupt.

I tried a hard reset on the phone, now when I load the camera application, sometimes it will load up but nothing will appear on the viewfinder. After about 10 seconds it times out back to the main menu screen. Other times it goes black but then immediately reverts to the main menu screen.

Any ideas how I can fix this? Can I reinstall the camera application somehow?

Guest Tim-H

I would take it back to the place you bought it and try to exchange it for a new one. If its been too long or you can't for some reason, try to load/reload the ROM.

Guest rockinrodders

Hi, Unfortunately I bought it second hand so its not possible to return.

I have since removed any traces of GPS and the camera has reverted to producing photos but appears to be saving them in an invalid format. I have changed the settings to try different sizes etc but makes no difference.