reinstall windows mobile rom in a Omnia 900

Guest macanol

Guest macanol

hi all!

I have a Omnia 900 with a ROM version that not recognize activesync, so we have tried several times to change the ROM but always ask or wait the activesync connection...

please, can anyone show me the way (or the post) about how can I update my ROM version!!!!

thanks in Advance! I will prefer a Spanish ROM version for free device or Vodafone, I'm a Vodafone spain user and I like vodafone menus, images, etc.

thanks again.

Macanol

Guest kav
hi all!

I have a Omnia 900 with a ROM version that not recognize activesync, so we have tried several times to change the ROM but always ask or wait the activesync connection...

please, can anyone show me the way (or the post) about how can I update my ROM version!!!!

thanks in Advance! I will prefer a Spanish ROM version for free device or Vodafone, I'm a Vodafone spain user and I like vodafone menus, images, etc.

thanks again.

Macanol

i dont think that the problem with active sync come with the omnia, it probably with ur computer.

but ur explanation of things is quite vague. perhaps u could give some more details. be more precise abt what happens with activesync etc...

Guest macanol
i dont think that the problem with active sync come with the omnia, it probably with ur computer.

but ur explanation of things is quite vague. perhaps u could give some more details. be more precise abt what happens with activesync etc...

thanks!

I have checked that I really have a Samsung i8315, not a I900, samsung says it has the same hardware, so i was thinking about to put a i900 rom :-)

do you know if it is possible? or which is the latest rom version for this device?

thanks

macanol

Guest macanol

HI, I have checked that the samsung i8315 has the same hardware than the i900 :-)

is it possible to change the internal code of the phone?

is theree any way to updated the i900 ROM without microsoft activesync?

thanks again in advance!

macanol

Guest justpratik
HI, I have checked that the samsung i8315 has the same hardware than the i900 :-)

is it possible to change the internal code of the phone?

is theree any way to updated the i900 ROM without microsoft activesync?

thanks again in advance!

macanol

i think no prob in rom.

did u check Start-> Settings > Connection > Usb to PC > untick enable advanced functionality.

tell us plz what u got

Guest awarner (MVP)

It is highly unlikely that the ROM is causing the Activesync issue.

As for requiring Activesync to do a ROM update? I have not updated an Omnia before but I do not know of a single Windows mobile device that actually uses Activesync to update a ROM. Activesync is not part of a general ROM update.

Guest Junoman
hi all!

thanks again.

Macanol

Just check your Firewall settings in your PC.

Path; Control Panel/Windows security centre/Windows firewall/Don't allow exceptions need to be UNCLICKED!!

Try it!

Cheers'

J.