Messaging Notification With i910 CC20 Rom

Guest Chris98

Guest Chris98

I updated my phone to the CC20 rom and left my girlfriends phone on the stock one. and i am running into a problem on mine, that if i recieve more than 1 message i haft to go into that conversation for each message to remove the notification ie: i recieve 3 messages from my girlfriend before all i had to do is go in and view the conversation and respond and the other 2 will be read and the notifcation wont be on the today screen. But now when i go in to the conversation to respond and leave it still says i have 2 unread messages even though i read them when i went in the first time, and i haft to keep going int 2 more times to remove the notification. is anybody else having this problem if you did how did you solve it. if you are and not solved it any ideas you might have come up with. and what changed in the rom to do that.

Guest ECRodent
I updated my phone to the CC20 rom and left my girlfriends phone on the stock one. and i am running into a problem on mine, that if i recieve more than 1 message i haft to go into that conversation for each message to remove the notification ie: i recieve 3 messages from my girlfriend before all i had to do is go in and view the conversation and respond and the other 2 will be read and the notifcation wont be on the today screen. But now when i go in to the conversation to respond and leave it still says i have 2 unread messages even though i read them when i went in the first time, and i haft to keep going int 2 more times to remove the notification. is anybody else having this problem if you did how did you solve it. if you are and not solved it any ideas you might have come up with. and what changed in the rom to do that.

Yup I just flashed my phone last night and I am having the same problem. Friends send me like 3 msgs before i get to them, and then I have to open/close the txt program 3 times to clear it out....kinda anoying.

Guest Keith210

I had the same problem as well. I had to stop using Widgets. Dosn't do it in Samsung Today 1. Or maybe it was turning off threaded messaging, I can't remember now but one of the two solves the problem. This is one of the few bugs I have found in this rom other than that it seems to work pretty good.

Guest Chris98

I havent tried the today 1 yet ill try that for the next few days but i havent found a good interface i like. as for the threaded messaging i like to see the conversation if i can.

Guest lomnia123

Seems like I have the same problem. Thought I was the only one? also dont you guys also notice that if you send a message it highlights it and puts it in bold as if I just received that message? Hopefully somebody finds a solution, because its annoying. By the way Im using Samsung today.

Edited by lomnia123

Guest ECRodent
Seems like I have the same problem. Thought I was the only one? also dont you guys also notice that if you send a message it highlights it and puts it in bold as if I just received that message? Hopefully somebody finds a solution, because its annoying. By the way Im using Samsung today.

Yea I noticed this also. I just turned off conversation mode, will see how this works out. I also went into taskmanager last night while messing around and Text Messages was using 15MB of memory :D another bug perhaps?

Guest ECRodent

Turning conversation mode off fixed it for me. I havent tried switching back though to see if it is still borked in convo mode.

Guest QuadRidinCPA
Turning conversation mode off fixed it for me. I havent tried switching back though to see if it is still borked in convo mode.

I'm new here, so hope I'm not stepping on any toes. I noticed this as well with the flashed ROM and in order to fix it, all I do is flick the optical mouse down to highlight the message and it marks it as read, kinda like you would in outlook. This way, you don't have to do away with threaded messaging if you like it like I do.

Hope that helps.

Guest ECRodent
I'm new here, so hope I'm not stepping on any toes. I noticed this as well with the flashed ROM and in order to fix it, all I do is flick the optical mouse down to highlight the message and it marks it as read, kinda like you would in outlook. This way, you don't have to do away with threaded messaging if you like it like I do.

Hope that helps.

Nope my toes are ok :lol:

I have the optical mouse setup as a scroll wheel :D and going over the convo doesnt do anything for me

Guest davidmrrr

does anyone have the original rom they can post?

i want to run through it and see whats different in terms of texting.

maybe we can find the change that causes this ANNOYING fluke and change it back.