Navmii Satnav software

Guest casamo

Guest casamo

Hi,

Im a new windows mobile user, i was a long time nokia user, just got a HTC touch dimaond 2, really impressed with it!

I have found this site Navmii

Has anyone heard about these or used the software?

I need a good GPS program and it looks good, my only experience with mobile gps is nokia maps!

Thanks

Guest G1LIW

I'm currently watching this manufacturer with interest, being a bit of a cheapskate at heart, and being thoroughly heaved off with TomTom's attitude towards Smartphone and PDA users (another story entirely!).

There was a mini-review in "Smartphone & PDA Essentials" magazine last month (issue #86), in the "GPS Buyer" section at the back, pp 100-101. The review was overall very positive for such a new product. However, it did not address the vagaries of POI files (Points Of Interest) that I would need to use in any given SatNav product.

So, I had a look at Navmii's website. I could find nothing there on POI imports into the software, so did a google search, and found this old FAQ...

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:xL_N6...lient=firefox-a

Can I import my own POIs?

POI Import will be available in Q2 2009 via software update. Please contact Navmii Customer Service’s or navmii.com for latest news.

So, unless they're well ahead on their schedule, I'm assuming no POI imports yet, which is a hell of a shame, as for nigh-on fifty quid, using current telemap data, it looks like a damn good deal for PDA users!

Caveat Note: I have not tried the package, I'm going on what I've read in a magazine and online.

I hop the above helps :D