Samsung Omnia i900 - ROM Upgrade

Guest ScottR

Guest ScottR

PLEASE...if someone could help with my query I would really appreciate it.

I have a Samsung Omnia i900 and wondered if a software upgrade was possible?

My current version is-

PDA: i900XXHG5/MSHG1

Phone: i900XXHG5

My phone is sim free (factory unlocked and unbranded)

As far as I am aware there is an upgrade to MSHJ1 and I got this information from the Samsung Mobile web page. I attempted to upgrade my phone and everything went smoothly as it should...even downloading the MSHJ1 software to my PC (which took a considerable time by the way). However, when it came to transferring the software to my phone I got a message saying that my device already has the latest software. I don't understand this. Why let me download the software which took ages then inform me that I already have the latest software? :lol:

I phoned Samsung Customer Services but they were of no help.

I would appreciate any advice.

Much appreciated

Scott :D

Guest Broda
PLEASE...if someone could help with my query I would really appreciate it.

I have a Samsung Omnia i900 and wondered if a software upgrade was possible?

My current version is-

PDA: i900XXHG5/MSHG1

Phone: i900XXHG5

My phone is sim free (factory unlocked and unbranded)

As far as I am aware there is an upgrade to MSHJ1 and I got this information from the Samsung Mobile web page. I attempted to upgrade my phone and everything went smoothly as it should...even downloading the MSHJ1 software to my PC (which took a considerable time by the way). However, when it came to transferring the software to my phone I got a message saying that my device already has the latest software. I don't understand this. Why let me download the software which took ages then inform me that I already have the latest software? :lol:

I phoned Samsung Customer Services but they were of no help.

I would appreciate any advice.

Much appreciated

Change the version in the phone's registry (from MSHG1 to MSHA1), otherwise you'll get ".. already the latest version ..." message)

- upload regedit.exe to phone (Use PHM Registry Editor v0.70)

- change HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion from MSHG1 to MSHA1)

Or I think it´s better you install the DXIA5, so change via regedit your version to DXIA1 and install DXIA5

Guest ScottR
Change the version in the phone's registry (from MSHG1 to MSHA1), otherwise you'll get ".. already the latest version ..." message)

- upload regedit.exe to phone (Use PHM Registry Editor v0.70)

- change HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion from MSHG1 to MSHA1)

Or I think it´s better you install the DXIA5, so change via regedit your version to DXIA1 and install DXIA5

Many grateful thanks for all your help...I will give it a go and see how I get on.

Thanks again