Windows 7 RC1

Guest efjay

Guest efjay

Has anyone upgraded to Windows 7 RC1? I am thinking of trying it but not sure how flashing custom roms would work, if at all.

Guest leppiel
Has anyone upgraded to Windows 7 RC1? I am thinking of trying it but not sure how flashing custom roms would work, if at all.

HAHAH, for a moment I thought you wanted to flash Windows 7 onto your mobile :D

But then I realized you meant to flash with. With that I can't help you. :lol:

Guest nks

yep been flashing with windows 7 since the first beta release

You just have to use Grand Prix to flash the phone

its the same way as you would use for vista

Regards

Nic

Guest bobobird

Those who say it works (not via vmware) via grandprix - I presume the samsung drivers are still needed right ?

Guest R@v3n
Those who say it works (not via vmware) via grandprix - I presume the samsung drivers are still needed right ?

Yes it's still needed since Windows Update cannot provide the driver for it. :D

Guest Midgo

doesn`t work with VMware and defo does not work in windows xp mode, reason being with xp mode you can only run apps installed on the virtual xp machine, beofre anybody asks no you cant just connect i900 in the virtual machine as when the phone report it disconnects from the virtual machine and stops the update trust me i tried and all i got was a nice yellow triangle on my phone screen

Edited by Midgo

Guest bruhaha

i can confirm updating ROM on vmware 6.5 with xp on it does work. about the the yellow triangle: it pops up only at the 1st time u update ur omnia....soft reset then start the whole updating procedure...well it worked for me:D

btw it was on vistax64 few months ago..but it should be the same with win7x64 aswell....ill try it out when 6.5 roms will come out with official winmo 6.5 base :D

Edited by bruhaha

Guest lonely2k5

It works with all WIN 7 versions...

NO DRIVER needed as windows 7 find's the driver

use grandprix 1.6.4 vista for flashing and it works ok

flashed 20+ times with it win 6.1 and win 6.5

no problems until now

p.s. it works without winxp mode that comes with win7 as my laptop doesn't support it so it's 100% it's not needed

Edited by lonely2k5

Guest shokka9

i have Windows 7 RC installed also, i still dual boot.

Cant find my vmWare disc also :lol:?

Think i might start using Grand Prix to update my Omnia, so i dont have to reboot :D

Thanks guys...the difference between 6.1 & 6.5 ROMs will not make any difference as to whether you can flash it or not. It is not relavant at all.

Guest vishalm

I have a dedicated XP Pro virtual machine using VMware workstation 6 just for flashing.

Number of times flashed is close to reaching 3 digits.

Never had a failed flash using either Vistax64 or Win7RCx64 except the first where a double flash was needed.

Guest requiem87

Has anyone tried to update from within xp-mode, and can confirm if it works or not?

I have w7 rc with xp mode, and it would make things alot easier if i could just use that.

Phone pops up in activesync and everything seems fine. but i haven't dared to do a flash yet.

-Req

Guest Chad Petree

What's the latest version of grand prix? im using windows 7 x64 release candidate, should i download the regular x32 / x86 version?

Guest polonic
What's the latest version of grand prix? im using windows 7 x64 release candidate, should i download the regular x32 / x86 version?

1.6.4. vista GrandPrix works well on win7rc. I've udpated 3 times. I've tried on 32 bit win7. I don't know that this works on 64 bit. I think yes.

Edited by polonic

Guest maldonj1

just installed windows 7RC1, installed omnia_umdl, microsoft device center, flashed my phone, done, nothing else installed, not sure about 64bit

Edited by maldonj1