Mounting a ROm on emulator/virtual machine

Guest eHyde

Guest eHyde

At th ebeginning hi to all, this is my post here.

Coming to the question, i'm developping my first cooked rom for OMNIA and i'd like test it before upload to the phone, so i'm looking for a method to execute the rom in a virtual enviroment.

Is it possible?

How?

Can i use device emulator of Windows Mobile sdk or WMWare?!

IF yes, where i can study the procedure?!

Thanks in advance..

Edited by eHyde

Guest Emre SUMENGEN
Is it possible?

How?

I too would love to hear the answer. And, no, I don't have my own kitchen or into developing ROMs, but I'm kind of a flashocholic :D Just would try the ROM first and see if I would get in onboard or not...

Anyway, if you get an answer, please let me know too :lol:

Guest sector

as far as i know it might be possible but after lots of effort. you cannot flash an emulated image but construct one and load it through the emulator.

what im thinking you should take a look the image files that are responsible for loading the emulated rom.

you will need to reconstruct an Omnia based emulated image containing the drivers, SYS etc. and most probably it wont work...

still are thoughts.

Guest qbus
as far as i know it might be possible but after lots of effort. you cannot flash an emulated image but construct one and load it through the emulator.

what im thinking you should take a look the image files that are responsible for loading the emulated rom.

you will need to reconstruct an Omnia based emulated image containing the drivers, SYS etc. and most probably it wont work...

still are thoughts.

MS Emulator is a generic one so no posibility to use it (and it has no posibility to flash ROMs anyway).

Currently there is no other way to test ROM then flashing it to Omnia (and I doubt that it would be ever possible).

Guest eHyde

Thanks guys...

It means that i'm going to flash my new rom, hoping that all will go fine!

[EDIT]

Before flashing rom, instead, i'm trying to mount pda.bin and phone.bin in Microsoft Device Emulator in order to have a custom image.....

see you later...

[/EDIT]

Edited by eHyde

Guest eHyde

Thanks Eros for the link, but Samsung Mobile sdk adds only some header to standard windows mobile sdk, in order to use specific function of samsung phones. It is usefull to developers.

As regard skins... i have already used them, but i'm becoming crazy in order to mount original image into device emulator... (qBus maybe was right).

Guest Ingvarr

There is no emulator available that emulates all i900 hardware completely and accurately.

So only way to test ROM is on actual hardware.

Guest eHyde
what about the samsung test labs, can't we use those to flash ?

didn't try yet, it's meant for apps but maybe..

What is it?!?!

Please.. link it :D