please help me fix my omnia

Guest shobe

Guest shobe

hi!

my i got a new samsung omnia SGH-I900 from the UK:

PDA: i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1

Phone: i900XXHI5

should i change my ROM to the philippines or singapore version since i will be using the phone in the USA and Philippines? next question, what is the difference between the singapore and UK ROm? And, i just performed a hard reset on the SAMSUNG OMNIA but when i checked the memory it said: storage memory: total 90.63 MB, In use: 40.75 MB, Free: 49.88MB then Program Memory: Total 97.27 MB, In Use: 41.25 MB, Free: 56.02 MB. Why does the storage memory say 40.75 MB in use when i haven't installed any programs in it yet? is there a way to remove handango in hand, messenger, shozu, opera browser and etc?

I also have another problem, I’m trying to change my phone time to standard time from military time and I can’t do it. When I go to regional settings click time then choose H:MM:SS or HH:MM:SS when I choose either of the 2 still d military time displays. Please help me.

thanks so much i hope u can help me

Guest new2city
hi!

my i got a new samsung omnia SGH-I900 from the UK:

PDA: i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1

Phone: i900XXHI5

should i change my ROM to the philippines or singapore version since i will be using the phone in the USA and Philippines? next question, what is the difference between the singapore and UK ROm? And, i just performed a hard reset on the SAMSUNG OMNIA but when i checked the memory it said: storage memory: total 90.63 MB, In use: 40.75 MB, Free: 49.88MB then Program Memory: Total 97.27 MB, In Use: 41.25 MB, Free: 56.02 MB. Why does the storage memory say 40.75 MB in use when i haven't installed any programs in it yet? is there a way to remove handango in hand, messenger, shozu, opera browser and etc?

I also have another problem, I’m trying to change my phone time to standard time from military time and I can’t do it. When I go to regional settings click time then choose H:MM:SS or HH:MM:SS when I choose either of the 2 still d military time displays. Please help me.

thanks so much i hope u can help me

it should be h small case such as h:mm:ss tt

Guest shobe
it should be h small case such as h:mm:ss tt

i only have 2 options when i click regional settings> time> either H:MM:SS or HH:MM:SS when i put it to H:MM:SS it still displays military time

Guest new2city
i only have 2 options when i click regional settings> time> either H:MM:SS or HH:MM:SS when i put it to H:MM:SS it still displays military time

Mate, you need to scroll to see more options, for example I have the follow options, let's say 9:22 pm which is displayed as follows

h:mm:ss tt which shows 9:22:39 PM

h:mm:ss which shows 9:22:39

hh:mm:ss which shows 09:24:39

H:mm:ss which shows 21.24.39

HH:mm:ss which shows 21.24:39

if you don't have this... something is amiss in your registry.. still fixable though

Guest shobe
Mate, you need to scroll to see more options, for example I have the follow options, let's say 9:22 pm which is displayed as follows

h:mm:ss tt which shows 9:22:39 PM

h:mm:ss which shows 9:22:39

hh:mm:ss which shows 09:24:39

H:mm:ss which shows 21.24.39

HH:mm:ss which shows 21.24:39

if you don't have this... something is amiss in your registry.. still fixable though

o no! spmething is wrong with my phone coz i only have 2 options available HH:MM:SS and H:MM:SS. how can i fix it? should i change the ROM or something like dat? what do i do? please help coz military time is so annoying. thanks so much

Guest new2city
o no! spmething is wrong with my phone coz i only have 2 options available HH:MM:SS and H:MM:SS. how can i fix it? should i change the ROM or something like dat? what do i do? please help coz military time is so annoying. thanks so much

I hope you are comfortable with registry editing. Have a look this settings. unzip it on your PC and open it with notepad.. Compare with your Omnia's registry settings.

overrides.zip

Guest shobe

sorry, i don't know how to do registry editing. i downloaded the attachment u sent and unzipped it then tried to open it using notepad in my pc but all i got is garbled words. and how do i check my omnia registry settings? thanks

I hope you are comfortable with registry editing. Have a look this settings. unzip it on your PC and open it with notepad.. Compare with your Omnia's registry settings.

Guest new2city
sorry, i don't know how to do registry editing. i downloaded the attachment u sent and unzipped it then tried to open it using notepad in my pc but all i got is garbled words. and how do i check my omnia registry settings? thanks

1) Get Total Commander

2) Using notepad, create a new text file and paste the following in it

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls\overrides]

"IDate"=dword:00000001

"ITime"=dword:00000000

"ITLZr"=dword:00000000

"ITMPN"=dword:00000000

"SDate"=" "

"SSDte"="dd MMM yy"

"STFmt"="h:mm:ss tt"

"STime"=":"

2) Save the text file as overrides.reg (the extension is important).

3) Get total commander from http://ghisler.fileburst.com/ce/tcmdpocketarm.cab

4) copy both files into your Omnia.

5) Install total commander by running the cab

6) Run total commander and copy the overrides.reg to clipboard, browse to \\Plugins - > registry and paste it there..

7) Power off and power up the omnia again..

hope it works..

Guest shobe

sorry to ask, but if i do that? what will that do? will it override my current omnia system? by the way, thanks so much for ur help...i feel so stupid now i tried to look for the other time options u mentioned when i went to regional settings and i found them. i did not press the up and down arrow when i clicked the time which is why i did not see the other options hehe :D but thanks so much for ur help :lol: i couldnt have fixed it without you :lol: one last question, what ROM are u using now? do u think it's a good idea to change ROMs? thanks so much :(

1) Get Total Commander

2) Using notepad, create a new text file and paste the following in it

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls\overrides]

"IDate"=dword:00000001

"ITime"=dword:00000000

"ITLZr"=dword:00000000

"ITMPN"=dword:00000000

"SDate"=" "

"SSDte"="dd MMM yy"

"STFmt"="h:mm:ss tt"

"STime"=":"

2) Save the text file as overrides.reg (the extension is important).

3) Get total commander from http://ghisler.fileburst.com/ce/tcmdpocketarm.cab

4) copy both files into your Omnia.

5) Install total commander by running the cab

6) Run total commander and copy the overrides.reg to clipboard, browse to \\Plugins - > registry and paste it there..

7) Power off and power up the omnia again..

hope it works..

Guest new2city
sorry to ask, but if i do that? what will that do? will it override my current omnia system? by the way, thanks so much for ur help...i feel so stupid now i tried to look for the other time options u mentioned when i went to regional settings and i found them. i did not press the up and down arrow when i clicked the time which is why i did not see the other options hehe :D but thanks so much for ur help :lol: i couldnt have fixed it without you :lol: one last question, what ROM are u using now? do u think it's a good idea to change ROMs? thanks so much :(

Great! Glad to hear that. Was worried about how you will handle registry changing.

I am using Sectors WM6.5 ROM at the moment 21222 M2. I am what they like to call, a flash addict.

IMHO, flashing new ROMs is the best part of owning a PPC. Have fun with your Omnia.