I need some Firmware help please

Guest Tom The Drummer

Guest Tom The Drummer

Hi guys,

New person here so be gentle!

Ages ago I got the i900v with Vodafone. Needless to say 7 months down the line I am completely fed up with the VF firmware so I decided to flash for the Samsung one. I now have DXHJ1.

The thing is, the appears to be the Singapore firmware - is there any way I can go about getting the latest official UK firmware on here? I tried downloading something from the Samsung site (in the way of UK firmware) but it didn't seem to work!

Also - how do you guys always know the latest releases - I can't find it anywhere!

Anyway - is there anyway I can get UK firmware on here - preferably the latest release!

Thanks bery much for your help and I look foward to seeing you around!

Cheers

Tom

Guest cd78

Hey buddy.

I was in the same position as yourself - stuck on Voda's official ACHj2 firmware. I posted on here for advice and as you are finding out no one replies!

Anyway i'll try and help an fellow newbie!

I have now flashed to DXIA5 wm6.5 with M2d - its feels like i have a new phone, it really does. You can download the official UK firmware from Samsungs site but you will need to change the Country code on your phone to UK (i think) but if i were you i would go for one of Shokka's Roms - they are great, you wont look back.

Oh and use XP not Vista! :D

The UK releases are soooo slow for us UK voda customers and prob not worth waiting for tbh!

Heres the link to the official firmware: http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

Edited by cd78

Guest Tom The Drummer
Hey buddy.

I was in the same position as yourself - stuck on Voda's official ACHj2 firmware. I posted on here for advice and as you are finding out no one replies!

Anyway i'll try and help an fellow newbie!

I have now flashed to DXIA5 wm6.5 with M2d - its feels like i have a new phone, it really does. You can download the official UK firmware from Samsungs site but you will need to change the Country code on your phone to UK (i think) but if i were you i would go for one of Shokka's Roms - they are great, you wont look back.

Oh and use XP not Vista! :D

The UK releases are soooo slow for us UK voda customers and prob not worth waiting for tbh!

Heres the link to the official firmware: http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

Hey dude,

Thanks for the reply!

I tried downloading the UK firmware, but as I have the syngapore stuff it said something like "Firmware error" or "Incompatible" when I tried to install the latest UK firmware on here - so I guess I need to somehow wipe the phone first.

Where do I find DXIA5?

Thanks for the help as always!

Tom

Guest Christian Spain
Hey dude,

Thanks for the reply!

I tried downloading the UK firmware, but as I have the syngapore stuff it said something like "Firmware error" or "Incompatible" when I tried to install the latest UK firmware on here - so I guess I need to somehow wipe the phone first.

Where do I find DXIA5?

Thanks for the help as always!

Tom

for incorrect software try here http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...re-version-fix/

Edited by Christian Spain

Guest Tom The Drummer

Any more help guys?

Basically I want to get a UK version of the firmware on my phone. But I don't know where to start!!

I've got DXHJ1 but this is for Singapore and I want UK firmware. No matter what I type on the Samsung website I can't get access to download the UK firmware, and the one piece of UK firmware I did find it won't install onto the phone!

PLEASE HELP I'M DESPARATE AND GOOGLE IS USELESS!!!!!

Guest Christian Spain

did you try the link above I think it should cover what you want to know, how to change firmware to another country versions with links etc..

if not I don't understand your question

Guest cd78
Any more help guys?

Basically I want to get a UK version of the firmware on my phone. But I don't know where to start!!

I've got DXHJ1 but this is for Singapore and I want UK firmware. No matter what I type on the Samsung website I can't get access to download the UK firmware, and the one piece of UK firmware I did find it won't install onto the phone!

PLEASE HELP I'M DESPARATE AND GOOGLE IS USELESS!!!!!

http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/uk/subAc_xp.jsp This is the link to the latest UK Voda firmware - ACHJ2

I think you will need to change the country code on your phone with :

Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer

With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#

Select 'Preconfiguration'

Enter code *#81230*# and select OK

Select 'UK/English', with the default Operator

Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET

Run update, and all should be well.

Why do you want to use the latest UK voda firmware? Use a cooked ROM! much much better.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...is-165-mb-only/

You can prob flash to this ROM without any of the lang code stuff, try this maybe..its an official one.

Edited by cd78

Guest Tom The Drummer

I didn't necesserily want the UK voda firmware - it's awful - but the UK firmware offered by Samsung for those people who do not have branded omnias.

If that makes sense!

Cheers

Tom

Guest mh21ttn
I didn't necesserily want the UK voda firmware - it's awful - but the UK firmware offered by Samsung for those people who do not have branded omnias.

If that makes sense!

Cheers

Tom

I thinck your problem is from the start. You tryed to say that error is apeare on samsung site, it is?

The samsung site ask you for the version of firmware that you have in you phone first, and for this type MSHG1.........ok.....samsung omnia firmware upgrade download.

download the firmware and then make me know. i was 1 of the person that changed the italian rom with english

sory my english