Omnia rom flash error with DXIA5

Guest royals_ice

Guest royals_ice

Okay I think I got a serious problem here. I hope some one would read this thing and help me out restore the firmware on my device. I bought omnia i900 last year (Aug 2008) on ebay. I was residing in Canada and I believe it would have come through from Hongkong or Singapore. The Omnia version was i900DXHG3.

versionomnia.jpg

Now I read through the article posted at

http://www.pspmyspace.com/omnia/omnia-firmware-guide.html

and have downloaded ActiveSync 4.5 (backed up my info) and also Samsung modem driver. After installing these two I downloaded the 4 parts for DXIA5. I win mount the first part and follow the first 5 steps posted here:

http://www.pspmyspace.com/omnia/firmware/

Now once the Eboot image was captured the device rebooted and the updater tried to capture the Eboot image one more time when I got the following error on my XP computer:

omniaerror.jpg

My device is currently in the following state:

IMG_0001-1.jpg

It would be just great if some one could tell me how to restore the phone in its origional state or if I am doing something wrong. Somebody out there please take the pain to explain me here because I have never done upgrading with a WinMO device. Thought it would be as simple as the iphone upgrade..

Guest lonely2k5

oh boy...what are you doing...

don't winmount it...extract the file becouse if you winmount it it cannot access the whole .exe file

extract it and it should be 90-140Mb then update and all will be fine

good luck

Guest royals_ice
oh boy...what are you doing...

don't winmount it...extract the file becouse if you winmount it it cannot access the whole .exe file

extract it and it should be 90-140Mb then update and all will be fine

good luck

perfect, thank you bud it worked. i dont know why i was being tht dumb!