May 11th Samsung ROM

Guest necosino

Guest Turborepu

it has been "released" today(supposedly), from Samsung to VZW I imagine. Now they(vzw) will fiddle around with it and eventually give it the green light and put it out for the public or send it back for changes(hopefully not).. Apparently that wording is how the rumor started.

Guest CFitz
It not an "official" release. It's another internal/testing/beta ROM.

Ahh, understood. In that case, we must be the cheapest set of "testers" available. No liability on their part, but mileage on our end to wring stuff out.

Guest TheDrizzle

I donated once I successfully flashed with his leaked ROM as well. I've seen his name given as credit in several threads. How do we know for sure that's reason he is not releasing it to us?

Edited by TheDrizzle

Guest necosino

His replies to me asking for the new ROM (I didn't save my sent messages :lol: )

"O LOL IBE HEAD IT FOR JUST OVER A WEEK NOW. BUT IVE CHOSEN NOT TO RELEASE IT PUBLIC FOR THE MAIN RESON IT GETS ALL OVER THE NET CUS NO ONE ON HERE CAN KEEP THERE MOUTH SHUT THEN THEY POST IT OTEHR FOURMS ASND TAKE CREDIT FOR POSTINJG IT. SO badword IT. WHEY DONT U THINK I NEVER RELEASE BELL OR TELUS MAIN REASON I DONT EVER GET CREDIT"

I say that we'd like him to release it, that we always give credit, etc etc..

"well keep wanting cuz im not rleasing or giving to anyone. so please stop pming me"

There ya go :D

Guest tedkord
His replies to me asking for the new ROM (I didn't save my sent messages :lol: )

"O LOL IBE HEAD IT FOR JUST OVER A WEEK NOW. BUT IVE CHOSEN NOT TO RELEASE IT PUBLIC FOR THE MAIN RESON IT GETS ALL OVER THE NET CUS NO ONE ON HERE CAN KEEP THERE MOUTH SHUT THEN THEY POST IT OTEHR FOURMS ASND TAKE CREDIT FOR POSTINJG IT. SO badword IT. WHEY DONT U THINK I NEVER RELEASE BELL OR TELUS MAIN REASON I DONT EVER GET CREDIT"

I say that we'd like him to release it, that we always give credit, etc etc..

"well keep wanting cuz im not rleasing or giving to anyone. so please stop pming me"

There ya go :D

Wow, I was on his side prior to this, but that was a pretty assinine rant (if it's genuine). I haven't flashed to any of the cooked ROMs yet, and was actually considering waiting for the official, but now I don't think I'll use them period. Or donate to him. He comes off as a spoiled little crybaby. And a little illiterate.

Of course if that wasn't really something he said, then I'm the ass, and I owe him an apology.

Edited by tedkord

Guest Turborepu

if I had put out a file this risky I would have done so in a different fashion if I didnt want It to be spread all over the net, or to keep my name off it.. know what I mean? Maybe send it to someone so they could have uploaded it, but stay as an anonymous source.. If Im seeking recognition I wouldn't mind it gettin all over the net.. even if my name is not always tagged to it, you have the satisfaction of know it is all due to you..

Guest Adrynalyne
I'll save them and take screenshots if they're ever called into question :lol:

We are talking about this on messenger. He is getting a pretty good chuckle over some of these flames. :D

Guest szinski

I certainly gave credit where credit was due... I sent the dude a PayPal donation.

It'd be a nice gesture if he'd "leak" the newest ROM to those of us who helped him financially.

Guest azintegra

MAIN REASON I'M NOT RELEASING THE NEW ROM:

1: I POST IT HERE IT FLOOD THE INTERNET

2: I GET WAY WAY WAY TO MANY PM'S AND PEOPLE BEGGING ME AND IM'S FROM MEBERS

4: I'M DONE RISKING MY JOB AFTER ONE MEMBER POSTED IT ON ANOTHER FORUM WHICH MY MANAGER FOUND OUT ABOUT.

I APPRECIATE EVERYONE WHO ISN'T MAKING A BIG DEAL OVER ME NOT RELEASING IT AND EVERYONE WHO APPRECIATES THE ROM CC20 I POSTED. MONEY IS THE MATTER WHY I'M NOT POSTING IT I COULD CARE A LESS. MAYBE ONCE I SEE THE THREAD SETTLE DOWN AND PEOPLE STOP PUTTING ME ON BLAST COMPLAINING I HAVEN'T RELEASED IT MAYBE ILL PUT SOME THOUGHT INTO SHARING. AND THE NEW ROM IS THE LAST RELEASE FOR AN UPDATE I BELIEVE. I DON'T SEE ANY FURTHER POSTS ON SAMSUNG ABOUT ANY OTHER ROM AFTER THIS ONE. MAYBE THERE NO GOSSIP ON ANOTEHR ONE YET.

Guest R10T

Part of me almost wonders if this was purposely leaked. You know so we can test it. I'm sure some suits at V are reading the forums laughing at us when someone bricks there phone.

All though I really must say I was looking forward to today. And being able to try out the new offical rom.

I've been lurking these forums for some time now and there is so many ROMs out there. Just curious if I just use the leaked ROM and reinstall my backup I'll have everything plus GPS?

Guest dezmon

I have a naive question: why does it mater? I understand that the first leak was hugely important since development of custom roms had stalled. I also understand why some wimps like myself might be waiting for an official release "just in case I screw something up". So what difference does it make if we get another beta leak before the official one comes out? There seems to be lots of good work being done without it and another beta won't remove the newbie fear of messing up so ....

Edited by dezmon

Guest silverback2

OK, i have it figured out. VZW doesn't like to put out officel roms just because they dont want to be labial for people bricking there phones, they dont want to have to replace them.

so if they just "leak" it, they dont have to deal with customer support, or train there people at the stores how to flash phones.

its all a big money game. i mean come on. they do this with almost every phone. they make promises they cant/wont keep.

Guest Tim-H
Part of me almost wonders if this was purposely leaked. You know so we can test it. I'm sure some suits at V are reading the forums laughing at us when someone bricks there phone.

I've thought about this too. Cheaper than paying someone to sit in an office and test everything out. Every post this guy puts down says "hes risking his job" but "he wants credit" they dont go hand in hand. If there is any risk of him losing his job he wouldnt upload it. And it wouldnt matter if someone put the file on another forum. You search google for i910 gps and this forum pops up on top, and that was before the leak.

Edited by Tim-H

Guest silverback2
I've thought about this too. Cheaper than paying someone to sit in an office and test everything out. Every post this guy puts down says "hes risking his job" but "he wants credit" they dont go hand in hand. If there is any risk of him losing his job he wouldnt upload it. And it wouldnt matter if someone put the file on another forum. You search google for i910 gps and this forum pops up on top, and that was before the leak.

Ditto

Guest winmar

If Azingtegra does not want to release the new update, that is his right. As the only one with access (that we know of) he can hold it or release it on his own time. I hold no ill feelings for this, and congratulate him on holding his ground. Wozzer,Adrynalyne, and Blazingwolf have all done really good work, and I am happy using Adryn's 1.3 ROM. When/If Azintegra releases the update, I am sure that there will be many more good things to come, but he is under no obligation to anyone to release it.

</end Rant>

Guest Adrynalyne

Even if he did leak it, why is everyone rabid over it? It still voids your warranty until the Satanic Overlords themselves release it to the public.

Guest azintegra
<trying to be inconspicuous> I've got some invites to some highly exclusive torrent trackers I'd be willing to let go of in order to speed the release some... shhhh....

Wat do u mean.

Guest philwills
Wat do u mean.

PM me...

Or if you'd rather... you can email me at <my screenname> at gmail dot com

Edited by philwills

Guest emaN resU
Even if he did leak it, why is everyone rabid over it? It still voids your warranty until the Satanic Overlords themselves release it to the public.

I'm not sure I see too many "rabid" responders over this. Sure there are some emotions being displayed. I don't really understand your post, if we have already used the leaked cc20 then we know this. ...and the people who are waiting for the "official" release probably aren't going to suddenly decide to try this "leaked" ROM.

Also, I seem to remember someone "smelling a rat" back when the first leaked rom was posted. Now its all friendly? hmmm ...just sayin :D

Anyway, I have everything working on a stable device so I'm not sure I would even use an "official" rom release unless it had some drastic improvements.

But, I do want to say to you and wozzer and blazingwolf, and yes azintegra, thanks for everything and keep up the great work!

Guest Adrynalyne
I'm not sure I see too many "rabid" responders over this. Sure there are some emotions being displayed. I don't really understand your post, if we have already used the leaked cc20 then we know this. ...and the people who are waiting for the "official" release probably aren't going to suddenly decide to try this "leaked" ROM.

Also, I seem to remember someone "smelling a rat" back when the first leaked rom was posted. Now its all friendly? hmmm ...just sayin :lol:

Anyway, I have everything working on a stable device so I'm not sure I would even use an "official" rom release unless it had some drastic improvements.

But, I do want to say to you and wozzer and blazingwolf, and yes azintegra, thanks for everything and keep up the great work!

LOL..all friendly? How so?

Because I told you guys he was laughing about this over messenger?

:D

You can ask him, I took back everything I ever said once it was all said and done. Publicly even.

Guest emaN resU
LOL..all friendly? How so?

Because I told you guys he was laughing about this over messenger?

:D

You can ask him, I took back everything I ever said once it was all said and done. Publicly even.

LOL, just teasin bro. I was right there with ya going awww man I hope its not just B.S. and it wasn't.

So, it's all good and everything worked out great.

Thanks again for all the hard work you guys put into everything Omnia! You ROCK!