Calender Sync with Google

Guest Mr_Slugo

Guest Mr_Slugo

Verizon wants to charge me $15.00 per month to sync. google calender and WM6 calender? Why? does using active sync MS exchange with m.google.com as a server use their servers or just the data conection I already pay for? Does anyone know of a free option?

Guest WoZZeR999
Verizon wants to charge me $15.00 per month to sync. google calender and WM6 calender? Why? does using active sync MS exchange with m.google.com as a server use their servers or just the data conection I already pay for? Does anyone know of a free option?

using m.google.com does not cost extra money. Only using the VZW exchange server does.

Guest Mr_Slugo
Wozzer is right. set up a new connection in active sync. I use it for contacts and calendar. look here for instructions.

Thanks Wozzer and NKJ, That is what I did and VZ told me I can't do that with their $30.00 data plan and I needed to bump to the $45.00 plan ... :D

Edited by Mr_Slugo

Guest NewKlNGjames
Thanks Wozzer and NKJ, That is what I did and VZ told me I can't do that with their $30.00 data plan and I needed to bump to the $45.00 plan ... :D

Umm... how did they know? I have no doubt that they will try anything to up sell you and squeeze you for as much as they can, if you give them the opportunity. I have had my omnia since February and haven't heard anything from them. I would just do it and complain if they charge you.

Guest Tim-H

I've been using m.google.com to sync my contacts, but whenever i check the calender box it just errors out and wont let me sync. Not trying to hijack your thread but just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem too.

Guest iclickjohn

sorry that I have to post here, but for a small price you can download PocketCMcalendar from the same makers as pocketCM. Part of that calendar download is a small bit of software called gsync.exe that will do just what your asking and it's free to use once you purchase the software which is cheap. It does it through data transfer not a cable to the computer.

sorry again for posting here.

Edited by iclickjohn

Guest NewKlNGjames
I've been using m.google.com to sync my contacts, but whenever i check the calender box it just errors out and wont let me sync. Not trying to hijack your thread but just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem too.

Do you use active sync on your computer? I was having a problem at first because I was trying to sync with google and my computer. I don't know if they are necessarily incompatible, however the problem went away after I removed the calendar option from mobile device center. Just a thought.

I agree with syxxnessk, is there anyway to have this thread moved back to the main omnia section?