How to Flash your i900 Omnia phone

Guest sector

Guest Nissan-Boy

hey..i am a newby to flashing and am doing research. i would like to know the necesary software i would need and where i can get it and also where do i get the roms from and how exactly do i go about it. oh my pda is jcic1 and by phone it says jcic2..wat wud be the best to update to?

Edited by Nissan-Boy

Guest aguditu

@angel i used grandprix 1.52 1.81 1.86 cuse it was the only way to reflash my omnia. when i try to turn on the phone func it won`t turn on. i tryed several times uninstaling SMD & act sync but nothing. :)((

Version : PDA : I900DXHL2/DXIA5

PHONE : DXIA5

HELPPP MEEE PLZZZ

Guest ...angel...
@angel i used grandprix 1.52 1.81 1.86 cuse it was the only way to reflash my omnia. when i try to turn on the phone func it won`t turn on. i tryed several times uninstaling SMD & act sync but nothing. :) ((

Version : PDA : I900DXHL2/DXIA5

PHONE : DXIA5

HELPPP MEEE PLZZZ

why didn't you use the .exe updater that I posted?... aren't you using windows xp?... try this one... XB1C1 Phone Part

Guest aguditu
why didn't you use the .exe updater that I posted?... aren't you using windows xp?... try this one... XB1C1 Phone Part

angel downloading your exe hope this will work .

same problem wont work. is posible to crash my phone part ??? does anibody knows ????

Edited by aguditu

Guest ...angel...
angel downloading your exe hope this will work

I hope so... can you tell me what ROM version you used when you flashed using grandprix? And what did you choose when you clicked "phone" on the grandprix? Did you use "phone.bin"? I'm afraid that you used pda.bin in the phone part.... X_X I wish you didn't...

Edited by ...angel...

Guest aguditu
I hope so... can you tell me what ROM version you used when you flashed using grandprix? And what did you choose when you clicked "phone" on the grandprix? Did you use "phone.bin"? I'm afraid that you used pda.bin in the phone part.... X_X I wish you didn't...

angel is posible i was tired when i flashed with grandprix . If I remember right I think so. i understand the phone part is dead from now on???

Guest ...angel...
angel is posible i was tired when i flashed with grandprix . If I remember right I think so. i understand the phone part is dead from now on???

If you had flashed your phone part with the pda.bin then it's already dead... but if not... then maybe you still have the chance to revive your phone part... what ROM did you actually used to flash your omnia?...

Guest aguditu
If you had flashed your phone part with the pda.bin then it's already dead... but if not... then maybe you still have the chance to revive your phone part... what ROM did you actually used to flash your omnia?...

I'm using steff's rom 28205.

If it isn't con to the port it means that i crashed the phone part ? If so any way to be redone evean by a pro in serv ?

Guest ...angel...
I'm using steff's rom 28205.

If it isn't con to the port it means that i crashed the phone part ? If so any way to be redone evean by a pro in serv ?

Steff's rom has no phone part... so we're now sure that you've flashed your phone part using the pda.bin,,, now what you should do is to find someone like elco from romania who can repair an omnia using jtag interface... or find someone who has samsung omnia repair tool... where are you from?

Guest aguditu
Steff's rom has no phone part... so we're now sure that you've flashed your phone part using the pda.bin,,, now what you should do is to find someone like elco from romania who can repair an omnia using jtag interface... or find someone who has samsung omnia repair tool... where are you from?

hope to find someone who can repair it

i`m from bucharest

Guest ...angel...
hope to find someone who can repair it

i`m from bucharest

Elco can repair your omnia. He's from Romania. I'll send to you the link to his topic.

Guest miroalex

I have nick's rom 28014 and now i want to put russian cooked rom in my phone from 4pda,

but problem is that when i downloaded the firmware and extract it there is only one 21887_manila_mod8_i908.bin file how i have to flash this? is there anybody to help me?

Guest petikeke
this means the rom you are trying to flash on your omnia doesn't have the phone.bin part. There's no problem in that. the existent phone.bin will remain intact. In fact, the chances to brick your omnia are smaller without it :). Or you can search for a phone.bin from a 6.5 rom and get it from there. Compile the phone with the rest and it will work like a charm :). So, go ahead. And sorry for not mention this before, but the roms i've been flashing around were complete :). My bad :). Good luck.

I would like to do the same. So in Grand Prix I just don't select any phone part and flash it with the other 3 things, am I right? Is it a problem if I want to use the Grand Prix on windows XP?

And can't I just use Sector's method? The .exe flashing in the first post in this topic and don't disassemble anything just flash the rom. Btw i would like to use stwv's 28014 rom which doesn't have any phone part.

Edited by petikeke

Guest kimitza
I would like to do the same. So in Grand Prix I just don't select any phone part and flash it with the other 3 things, am I right? Is it a problem if I want to use the Grand Prix on windows XP?

And can't I just use Sector's method? The .exe flashing in the first post in this topic and don't disassemble anything just flash the rom. Btw i would like to use stwv's 28014 rom which doesn't have any phone part.

actually flashing with gp is faster. in 3 minutes it's done.the advantage is that you can select what ever part you want from the rom :). The risk is when you select the wrong part to flash. But this only happens if you don't pay enough attention on the job :). For example, right now i'm using DXIA5 pda part from OCK's kitchen and the phone part is DXHJ1 from an ultralite 6.1 rom. I have to say my omnia runs smooooothly :). So, the choice is all yours. Just be careful :). You can use any phone part from other roms.

Guest esp_leo
HOW-TO FLASH I900 OMNIA TUTORIAL

=====

First of all for the newbies i would recommend to play a bit with the phone before upgrading. Get to know how your phone and current ROM works.

Please be patient and read again if you don't understand anything. Make sure that you know what you are doing.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF U DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE!

GOOD LUCK!

Important :

Those who then want to make you sure for the safest way of changing the ROM in OMNIA i900 should follow closely (in case) the following steps.

Make sure you:

• Turned off any Firewall you have on the PC.
  • Not running the update in Safe Mode.
  • Not to perform any other work on your PC.
  • Make sure the phone is fully charged (important)
  • Do not update from a PC where you have limited rights. Eg. Internet Cafe, Work etc.
  • Prefer Laptop as if you have electricity dropped you will have some extra battery and wont harm your phone.
  • Use only one USB port for you Omnia update, the best one it works for you. Do not try multiple.
    1. Make the Install Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 (once)
    2. Make Install the Samsung Modem Driver XP (once)
    3. Reboot the PC.
    4. After the first 2 steps try to disconnect your Omnia from USB and connect it back on. Repeat it 1-2 times so the PC can recognize the phone.
      Leave the phone connected for about 10-15 minutes. If it disconnects by itself most probably you have to repeat the procedure from 1st step.
      It is advised to reboot your PC also.
    5. Make sure that have backup all your important stuff (contacts, pictures etc).
    6. Switch OFF the phone by holding the Power button for ~5 seconds.
    7. Run the updater. (Works the same way for Original or Cooked ROMs)
    8. Switch ON the phone again by holding the Power button.
    9. Press START and happy flashing. Do not move your phone or the USB wire as it might fail during flashing.
    10. Wait until the updater shows JOB DONE! DO NOT DISCONNECT BEFORE.
    11. Disconnect your phone.
    12. Leave the phone to reboot 2 times, calibrate screen and finish the start-up procedure.
    13. Enjoy the new firmware.
    =====================================================================

Steps used for updating under VMWare for Windows Vista (32bit & 64bit) / Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit).

The tutorial is taken from my friend shokka9. Thank you baw$

If you don't know what VMware is, take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMware for more information.

is there any other method/way of flashing english rom aside from using windows xp cd or .ISO image? i'm using windows 7 home premium 64 bit and i badly needed to flash an english rom for my 1 year old omnia i900 (italian).

thanks

efren

Things you'll need on Vista:

• VMware Workstation (latest will work)
    • Microsoft Windows XP CD or .ISO image and the serial key
    • 2gb of free disk space
      • Use the ones that mentioned for Windows XP.
      • Make sure you turn off the USB on the Windows Mobile Device Center.

• Mobile Settings -> Connection Settings -> Untick "Allow USB Connections".
        • After flashing tick it back.

Let's start:

[*]First install VMware's Workstation. You can get a trial version at http://www.vmware.com/

[*]If you have an .ISO image of your Windows XP CD on your hard disk like I do, you won't need the CD, otherwise you'll need it. If you don't have the image, put the CD into your CD/DVD-ROM.

[*]Run the workstation.

[*]Go to FILE -> NEW -> VIRTUAL MACHINE and choose TYPICAL. On the next tab select the source from where you want to install a virtual Windows XP operating system (CD or image).

[*]On the next tab, press next. When the dialog appears, choose YES.

[*]Now enter a name for your virtual XP machine and choose a location where you want to save the machine - it's good to have at least 2gb of free space!

[*]On the nex tab, I've chosen 2.5gb. I think that's enough, if you wish only to flash your ROM. You can choose to install the machine to a single file or splitted. I've chosen single.

[*]On the next tab, click Customize Hardware button and select "USB Controller". Make sure High-Speed USB 2.0 and Auto connect USB devices are checked. Press OK, then press FINISH.

[*]Maybe you'll get a warning from VMware but don't bother, just skip it.

[*]The Windows installation process should follow. The installation took on my PC for about 25min.

[*]When the setup has finished, you can normally run and use Windows XP via WMware.

[*]Update your XP machine via Windows Update, reboot and start flashing.

Flashing:

[*]Make the Install Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 (once)

[*]Make Install the Samsung Modem Driver XP (once)

[*]Reboot the PC.

[*]After the first 2 steps try to disconnect your Omnia from USB and connect it back on. Repeat it 1-2 times so the PC can recognize the phone.

Leave the phone connected for about 10-15 minutes. If it disconnects by itself most probably you have to repeat the procedure from 1st step.

[*]Make sure that have backup all your important stuff (contacts, pictures etc).

[*]Switch OFF the phone by holding the Power button for ~5 seconds.

[*]Run the updater. (Works the same way for Original or Cooked ROMs)

[*]Switch ON the phone again by holding the Power button.

[*]Press START and happy flashing. Do not move your phone or the USB wire as it might fail during flashing.

[*]Wait until the updater shows JOB DONE! DO NOT DISCONNECT BEFORE.

[*]Disconnect your phone.

[*]Leave the phone to reboot 2 times, calibrate screen and finish the start-up procedure.

[*]Enjoy the new firmware.

Guest esp_leo

is it possible to flash rom to omnia i900 using windows 7 64 bit withour having to use windows xp cd or .iso image? one more problem i cannot back up my phonebook using outlook. although i have the prescribed modem driver from microsoft.

thanks

efren

HOW-TO FLASH I900 OMNIA TUTORIAL

=====

First of all for the newbies i would recommend to play a bit with the phone before upgrading. Get to know how your phone and current ROM works.

Please be patient and read again if you don't understand anything. Make sure that you know what you are doing.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF U DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE!

GOOD LUCK!

Important :

Those who then want to make you sure for the safest way of changing the ROM in OMNIA i900 should follow closely (in case) the following steps.

Make sure you:

• Turned off any Firewall you have on the PC.
  • Not running the update in Safe Mode.
  • Not to perform any other work on your PC.
  • Make sure the phone is fully charged (important)
  • Do not update from a PC where you have limited rights. Eg. Internet Cafe, Work etc.
  • Prefer Laptop as if you have electricity dropped you will have some extra battery and wont harm your phone.
  • Use only one USB port for you Omnia update, the best one it works for you. Do not try multiple.
    1. Make the Install Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 (once)
    2. Make Install the Samsung Modem Driver XP (once)
    3. Reboot the PC.
    4. After the first 2 steps try to disconnect your Omnia from USB and connect it back on. Repeat it 1-2 times so the PC can recognize the phone.
    5. Make sure that have backup all your important stuff (contacts, pictures etc).
    6. Switch OFF the phone by holding the Power button for ~5 seconds.
    7. Run the updater. (Works the same way for Original or Cooked ROMs)
    8. Switch ON the phone again by holding the Power button.
    9. Press START and happy flashing. Do not move your phone or the USB wire as it might fail during flashing.
    10. Wait until the updater shows JOB DONE! DO NOT DISCONNECT BEFORE.
    11. Disconnect your phone.
    12. Leave the phone to reboot 2 times, calibrate screen and finish the start-up procedure.
    13. Enjoy the new firmware.
    =====================================================================

Steps used for updating under VMWare for Windows Vista (32bit & 64bit) / Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit).

The tutorial is taken from my friend shokka9. Thank you baw$

If you don't know what VMware is, take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMware for more information.

Things you'll need on Vista:

• VMware Workstation (latest will work)
    • Microsoft Windows XP CD or .ISO image and the serial key
    • 2gb of free disk space
      • Use the ones that mentioned for Windows XP.
      • Make sure you turn off the USB on the Windows Mobile Device Center.

• Mobile Settings -> Connection Settings -> Untick "Allow USB Connections".
        • After flashing tick it back.

Let's start:

[*]First install VMware's Workstation. You can get a trial version at http://www.vmware.com/

[*]If you have an .ISO image of your Windows XP CD on your hard disk like I do, you won't need the CD, otherwise you'll need it. If you don't have the image, put the CD into your CD/DVD-ROM.

[*]Run the workstation.

[*]Go to FILE -> NEW -> VIRTUAL MACHINE and choose TYPICAL. On the next tab select the source from where you want to install a virtual Windows XP operating system (CD or image).

[*]On the next tab, press next. When the dialog appears, choose YES.

[*]Now enter a name for your virtual XP machine and choose a location where you want to save the machine - it's good to have at least 2gb of free space!

[*]On the nex tab, I've chosen 2.5gb. I think that's enough, if you wish only to flash your ROM. You can choose to install the machine to a single file or splitted. I've chosen single.

[*]On the next tab, click Customize Hardware button and select "USB Controller". Make sure High-Speed USB 2.0 and Auto connect USB devices are checked. Press OK, then press FINISH.

[*]Maybe you'll get a warning from VMware but don't bother, just skip it.

[*]The Windows installation process should follow. The installation took on my PC for about 25min.

[*]When the setup has finished, you can normally run and use Windows XP via WMware.

[*]Update your XP machine via Windows Update, reboot and start flashing.

Flashing:

[*]Make the Install Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 (once)

[*]Make Install the Samsung Modem Driver XP (once)

[*]Reboot the PC.

[*]After the first 2 steps try to disconnect your Omnia from USB and connect it back on. Repeat it 1-2 times so the PC can recognize the phone.

[*]Make sure that have backup all your important stuff (contacts, pictures etc).

[*]Switch OFF the phone by holding the Power button for ~5 seconds.

[*]Run the updater. (Works the same way for Original or Cooked ROMs)

[*]Switch ON the phone again by holding the Power button.

[*]Press START and happy flashing. Do not move your phone or the USB wire as it might fail during flashing.

[*]Wait until the updater shows JOB DONE! DO NOT DISCONNECT BEFORE.

[*]Disconnect your phone.

[*]Leave the phone to reboot 2 times, calibrate screen and finish the start-up procedure.

[*]Enjoy the new firmware.

Guest kimitza
is it possible to flash rom to omnia i900 using windows 7 64 bit withour having to use windows xp cd or .iso image? one more problem i cannot back up my phonebook using outlook. although i have the prescribed modem driver from microsoft.

thanks

efren

yes it is possible. Using the method i've posted a few pages ago.

I've tested the method 5 minutes ago. And it worked without the samsung modem driver. windows installed it by default i guess.

So, you will need this :

1. One good rom(the choice is all yours, but i strongly suggest ock's ultra lite roms)

2. I900_Executor - for dissamble the image

3. Vista GrandPrix

For back-up, i just save my contacts to simcard :).i never use outlook. Or you can use any backup programs, like spb backup or sprite backup. your choice.

Important !.

It's not wise to back-up installed programs from one rom and restore them into a different one. you will get BIG errors for sure. So, just save your pictures, docs, music etc to your pc andgo flashing B). I usually choose to format the hard-drive too. Good luck

Edited by kimitza

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SaintHog

One more thing for happy flashers:

I finally figured out how to flash a i900 rom under Windows 7 x64.

I have foud around here, that i have to have the "i900 executor", the "Samsung modem Vista" driver, and the "Grand Prix 1.6.4 Vista" exe.

It was almost fine, except the grand prix havent recognized the phone after the 100x reset eighter. There, i started to have a suspicion, that "Driver havent installend successfully" message at the samsung modem vista driver was true. :)

The solution was:

START THE SAMSUNG MODEM DRIVER'S SETUP.EXE IN "VISTA SP2" COMPATIBILITY MODE, AND EVERYTHING WILL BE COOL!

There was no need to set anything in the WMDC, or anywhere else.

Anyway, thanks a lot ppl for all the other suggestions!

Guest kimitza

on my windows 7 x64 i didn't had to install the samsung modem driver. the moment i plugged in the phone, it was detected and the driver was automaticaly installed ;).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest easyrider25

hi short question... small problem, after flashing my Omni to WM6.5 screen is getting blank... :D I know system is working, I can hear sound, I can answer calls, etc... anybody have any ideas why my phone dosn't like WN 6.5 :D??

Guest ohmi_gaad

Flashing on vista works.. There is a short video on youtube showing you how to do it with the i900_executer and GrandPrix. The only thing missing is you MUST TURN OFF UAC or user account control before the phone will be recognized by Grandprix. Once you have done this and restarted your computer, it works fine.

Here is the video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwxUeK2R4xo

Left out one important detail When you have started grandprix and the phone is attached, press the detect button on grandprix and then reset the phone by pressing the reset button...

Edited by ohmi_gaad

• 3 weeks later...
Guest syedms25
well

there's no answer to this

the phone restarts before the vmmachine recognizes the usb connected phone

maybe you should try to shutdown the phone instead of restarting

i was so sick of this problem that i got a new hdd and installed xp on it !!

I had a similar problem and what I found was that I was just powering off the Omnia not switching it off completely. You need to hold the power button for 3-5 seconds to shut it down and then restart it the same way for the machine to detect it. Hope this helps.