Samsung Official Updater

Guest Omi900

Guest Omi900

Hi all,

As previously stated in another thread, I'm about to perform my first ROM update. My present ROM is MSHG1. The official Samsung updater will update me to MSHJ1. My question: Do I have to update to this ROM first before I can upgrade to DXID1?

I was advised in another thread that DXID1 is one of the newest ROMs so this is what I would prefer to update to. I've already downloaded a DXID1 ROM from one of Khuanchai threads.

Any help/advice would be appreciated. <_<

Regards - Shaun

Guest cd78
Hi all,

As previously stated in another thread, I'm about to perform my first ROM update. My present ROM is MSHG1. The official Samsung updater will update me to MSHJ1. My question: Do I have to update to this ROM first before I can upgrade to DXID1?

I was advised in another thread that DXID1 is one of the newest ROMs so this is what I would prefer to update to. I've already downloaded a DXID1 ROM from one of Khuanchai threads.

Regards - Shaun

I updated from Uk Voda ACHJ2 - ddrko DXIA5 - Sector DXID1..and all is cool!

if thats of any help..?

Guest Omi900
Hi all,

Regards - Shaun

Sorry to be a pain but I'm still a little unclear on something.

As stated earlier, if I use the official Samsung updater this will update my present ROM from MSHG1 to MSHJ1. But I would prefer to go direct to a Khuanchai DXID1 ROM. Am I right in thinking I MUST use the Samsung updater to flash my ROM? If this is so, how do I exchange the MSHJ1 ROM to the DXID1 ROM?

If I don't need to use the Samsung updater, how can I flash my ROM?

Regards - Shaun

Guest cyberarmy
Sorry to be a pain but I'm still a little unclear on something.

As stated earlier, if I use the official Samsung updater this will update my present ROM from MSHG1 to MSHJ1. But I would prefer to go direct to a Khuanchai DXID1 ROM. Am I right in thinking I MUST use the Samsung updater to flash my ROM? If this is so, how do I exchange the MSHJ1 ROM to the DXID1 ROM?

If I don't need to use the Samsung updater, how can I flash my ROM?

Regards - Shaun

Someone in another forum flashed his Omnia from his original official stock ROM (I think dated August 08) straight to Shokka9's Windows 6.5 ROM, this is a jump from WM6.1 to WM6.5 Beta without any problem.

Not sure what package does Khuanchai's rom comes with, but most of the ROM I used from Modaco (Taril, Shokka9 to name a few), had already incorporated the ROM into the official update program so it's actually quite easy to do so.

Guest Omi900
Someone in another forum flashed his Omnia from his original official stock ROM (I think dated August 08) straight to Shokka9's Windows 6.5 ROM, this is a jump from WM6.1 to WM6.5 Beta without any problem.

Not sure what package does Khuanchai's rom comes with, but most of the ROM I used from Modaco (Taril, Shokka9 to name a few), had already incorporated the ROM into the official update program so it's actually quite easy to do so.

I'm not sure if the ROM i intend to use has been incorporated into the official update program??? Is there a way I can find out? Anyone please?