To get started...

Guest jvckey

Guest jvckey

To begin... I start apologizing for asking for help in my firsts posts... I have just bought an i900, and of course I want to flash it with another ROM different that the anoying orange one. Given I'm a newbye, I want to ask for the place to get started, to get the knowledge about what is, for example:

Titanium (and if it needs an internet connection to work)

Manila 2D

Touchflo

Honeycomb

and many other terms... i'm not asking to explain them here, just to tell me where to get the info... I read and read the posts in the forum and it gets very confusing.

Thanks in advance for your help

Guest cirrus888

I know how you feel I came across the very same difficulties.

The four things you've mentioned are easy to explain once you know.

Manila 2D

Touchflo

Honeycomb

They are all different interfaces or GUI's for the Omnia. It is up to you to see which you prefer. I am using the titanium interface which is for WM6.5 only. I recommend it.

None of them are the official omnia interface which no one here really uses.

Edited by cirrus888

Guest vass_k
I know how you feel I came across the very same difficulties.

The four things you've mentioned are easy to explain once you know.

Manila 2D

Touchflo

Honeycomb

They are all different interfaces or GUI's for the Omnia. It is up to you to see which you prefer. I am using the titanium interface which is for WM6.5 only. I recommend it.

None of them are the official omnia interface which no one here really uses.

As far as I know, Manila and TouchFlo are similar. Titanium 'as is' need not any internnet connection for to start working. I do know nothing about Honeycomb, but among the interfaces there is TodaySTD - a traditional today interface. Popular ROM authors here - Sector&Kuangchai

use 4-in-1 ROM that means 4 interfaces - TouchFlo, Titanium, TodaySTD and TouchWiz (than means Samsung traditional interface)

Guest jvckey

Thanks for the fast replies... step by step I get introduced to WM world...

A pair of questions:

To get any of these interfaces is it necessary to flash the phone? Maybe for titanium yes, because it's WM6.5, but for Manila2D, Honeycomb and Touchflo?

Custom ROMs ensure that all the features of the phone will work correctly? BT, GPS, WIFI... and many other... because I read that ROMs are frequently updated with fixed issues...

Guest =MZ=

Manila2D is TouchFLO 2D. You can find standalone installation pack. Honeycomb is part of WM 6.5 interface, so you cant install it separately.

Guest =MZ=
Thanks MZ... But, changing to manila or Titanium means loosing partially or Totally the landscape feature?

As i've seen on screenshots Titanium does work with landscape mode.