Any noticeable difference between DXIA5 & DXID1???

Guest hiato

Guest hiato

Hello guys,

I'm using the official DXIA5 ROM and thinking of upgrading to DXID1, but just wondering, if there is any big difference than the DXIA5 ROM???

GPS Speed, Touch Sensitivity, Overall speed up???

Thanks alot...

Guest maf107ezk0

Yes, I haven`t been following the ROM topics because I didn`t have time, but I would also like to know what difference is there and are there any new add-ins ?

Guest leppiel
Hello guys,

I'm using the official DXIA5 ROM and thinking of upgrading to DXID1, but just wondering, if there is any big difference than the DXIA5 ROM???

GPS Speed, Touch Sensitivity, Overall speed up???

Thanks alot...

PDA, there is not much difference.

The Phone part however is MUCH better in DXID1.

Guest kafer

can`t tell about v.A5, my previous FW was v.A2, but Phone part in D1 is faster, cold GPS start takes a few seconds (after I tuned the registry a little, it takes just a moment), antenna seems to work more stable. speaking about PDA part, they replaced Settings menu with Favoirite Settings: fast screen, sound n so on preferences and smth like Today 2 Settings on the second page. Online Widgets seem to work just fine finally. if you calibrate your screen carefully, Touch Screen will works fine. Overall device speed seems to be as on v.A2

bugs (??): sms delivery report sometimes comes with a reply to the sms.. if you get an incoming call when device sleeps, sometimes it`s unable to see who is calling. u can`t unlock the screen because Unlock is replaced with Call Status while the screen is still locked. got this two or three times n don`t know what it depends on..

Guest hiato
can`t tell about v.A5, my previous FW was v.A2, but Phone part in D1 is faster, cold GPS start takes a few seconds (after I tuned the registry a little, it takes just a moment), antenna seems to work more stable. speaking about PDA part, they replaced Settings menu with Favoirite Settings: fast screen, sound n so on preferences and smth like Today 2 Settings on the second page. Online Widgets seem to work just fine finally. if you calibrate your screen carefully, Touch Screen will works fine. Overall device speed seems to be as on v.A2

bugs (??): sms delivery report sometimes comes with a reply to the sms.. if you get an incoming call when device sleeps, sometimes it`s unable to see who is calling. u can`t unlock the screen because Unlock is replaced with Call Status while the screen is still locked. got this two or three times n don`t know what it depends on..

Tnx man, so you recommend the phone part of DXID1...

well, tnx alot <_<

Guest tibor22

There are some differences in PDA part too! What I noticed so far: two annoying bugs of the IA5 have been resolved.

1. Now you can run Java applications with and without sound (IA1 to IA5 ROMs crashed when you turned on the sound in Java apps).

2. For the first time since Samsung OnlineWidgets had been introduced the Notification widget works normally in DXID1 (in the previous ROMs after soft reset it appeared once but never again until the next soft reset).

I like these improvements. I flashed DXID1 int the first day when Secany released it and I keep using it since then.

Guest killeriq

GPS What u did in registry? can u write it over here? Does it catch satellites faster even without downloading possitions? thx

Guest devilkazuya
GPS What u did in registry? can u write it over here? Does it catch satellites faster even without downloading possitions? thx

Use your favourite registry editor, i use total commander ( If you use total commander make sure you are in root then go to \\plugins and then registry) and then do the following :

Go to: HKLM > System > CurrentControlSet > GPS Intermidiate Driver

CurrentLogFile = GPSID_log.txt

OldLogFile =

Guest devilkazuya

Use your favourite registry editor, i use total commander ( If you use total commander make sure you are in root then go to \\plugins and then registry) and then do the following :

OldLogFile =

Guest devilkazuya

OldLogFile = GPSID_log.bak

Remove the .txt and .bak then restart your phone. Once you are back on browse to root of your phone and remove any of the GPSID_ files (you only have to do this once to remove any valid log files). Now run cna run gps...

I use this trick and finds signal within couple of seconds, hope this helps and i did not discover it so many thanks to whoever figured this out.

kaz

Edited by devilkazuya

Guest hiato

OldLogFile = GPSID_log.bak

Remove the .txt and .bak then restart your phone. Once you are back on browse to root of your phone and remove any of the GPSID_ files (you only have to do this once to remove any valid log files). Now run cna run gps...

I use this trick and finds signal within couple of seconds, hope this helps and i did not discover it so many thanks to whoever figured this out.

kaz

Thanks a lot man...

Guest kafer

try this:

in "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\"

- Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize -> 512 (by default 4096)

- Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize -> 512 (by default 4096)

- Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData -> 100 (by default 1000)

- Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize -> 512 (doesn`t exist by default, u should create this. smbd advises to set 8192)

disable low level logs:

- CurrentLogFile -> ""

- OldLogFile -> ""

- MaxLogFileSize -> 0

found somewhere here, on modaco

searching of sattelites becomes much faster, even without downloading fresh sattelites map (hm.. don`t know how to say in english)

Edited by kafer

Guest Vik Star
try this:

- Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize -> 512 (doesn`t exist by default, u should create this. smbd advises to set 8192)

disable low level logs:

- CurrentLogFile -> ""

- OldLogFile -> ""

- MaxLogFileSize -> 0

searching of sattelites becomes much faster, even without downloading fresh sattelites map (hm.. don`t know how to say in english)

Kafer,

Will it cure the TomTom 7 gps problem where it sometimes found sat's and sometime could never find sat's.

Thanks

VP

Edited by Vik Star

Guest killeriq
try this:

disable low level logs:

- CurrentLogFile -> ""

- OldLogFile -> ""

- MaxLogFileSize -> 0

Is it possible to make *.reg file from those settings?/ yeah with PHM Registry Editor i created *.reg file of those settings, but what to do to be able to double click on *.reg file to add it there? seems like Windows doesnt know the extension

Edited by killeriq

Guest hiato
Is it possible to make *.reg file from those settings?/ yeah with PHM Registry Editor i created *.reg file of those settings, but what to do to be able to double click on *.reg file to add it there? seems like Windows doesnt know the extension

I really don't know how, but u may try import, from the reg edit program...

Guest kalekume

Hi,

This week I tried a DXID1 rom. The rom is very stable but has 2 major issues: gps takes much longer to locate satellites and battery life is significantly worse.

Yesterday I installed a DXIA5 rom (sector's L1) and then went back to install a DXID1 rom (sector's O1N, who has no phone.bin) so that the phone.bin is DXIA5.

I have made some tests and now GPS works much better and the battery also

Guest qbus
Hi,

This week I tried a DXID1 rom. The rom is very stable but has 2 major issues: gps takes much longer to locate satellites and battery life is significantly worse.

Yesterday I installed a DXIA5 rom (sector's L1) and then went back to install a DXID1 rom (sector's O1N, who has no phone.bin) so that the phone.bin is DXIA5.

I have made some tests and now GPS works much better and the battery also

What tests have you done becouse when I was using DXID1 battery life and gps fix was the same as when using DXIA1 (battery's life 3-4 days and gps fixing about 10-15 seconds using GPS data injection)?

Guest glimpsofreality

does any one know how to make video call work on DXID1, i have tried install samsung video calling, it didnt work, help please, thanks

Guest kalekume
What tests have you done becouse when I was using DXID1 battery life and gps fix was the same as when using DXIA1 (battery's life 3-4 days and gps fixing about 10-15 seconds using GPS data injection)?

I uploaded a file with 2 GPS tracks. The tracks have the same start and end point. Enhanced GPS was enable and allways up to date.

track_1.kml -> DXID1 Rom -> Time to get first GPS position about 15 min

track_2.kml -> DXIA5 phone.bin -> Time to get first GPS position few seconds

http://www.2shared.com/file/5902919/9bc03ba9/trackstar.html]http://www.2shared.com/file/5902919/9bc03ba9/trackstar.html

Guest beffie

hello all

im using the dxid1 rom also

but i found some bugs

gpsfix for photo's takes forever

batterylife is shorter then dzia5 or dxia5

after the use of my bluetooth stereoheadphones or while using, the battery won't charge.(after soft reset it will).

greetings

Edited by beffie