Totally Lost N00b

Guest Omi900

Guest Omi900

Can someone please explain something I can't get my head around.

As stated in an earlier thread, I'm planning to flash my ROM for the first time. My present ROM is MSHG1, I'm wanting to update to DXID1 which I've already downloaded. However, after downloading the official Samsung updater, the ROM contained in the updater is MSHJ1. I don't want to use this ROM, so how can I change the MSHJ1 ROM to DXID1?

Or am I completely missing something here??? Do I have to use the official updater or not? If I don't need to use the official updater, can someone kindly explain how the process works without the updater?

Help/advice really appreciated.

Regards

Guest mh21ttn

you don't need the official updater, if you want install the cooked.

ho say that you have to use official updater to flash one cooked?

a rom of omnia is windows mobile  (same thing that a windows of your pc)

if you wont use one official all you have to do is download and run the .exe  with omnia conected and the executor do all.

For use a cooked rom (that is not official, and if you breked you phone you lose the guaranty), you download the files that is in topic you prefer and use GrandPrix (this program put rom in your phone in parts (phone, pda, image bla bla) at differrence of the official updater that is maked something all in 1, maked easy)

Hope you understant now.

Other steps hope you are reded

Guest =MZ=

OK, lets start from zero again...

There is 2 types of firmwares:

Official, Custom.

Official differs into 2 branches:

For home use (you can download them officially), for Service Center.

So, if your target is official DXID1, you should download FW for Service Center DXID1 (it is full ROM, with all preinstalled soft from samsung).

DXID1 Full 4 Service Center

It is russian resource, you should enter right number (6 digit) into input area, then press the green button.

Credits goes to 4PDA.ru guys.

Guest Omi900

a rom of omnia is windows mobile (same thing that a windows of your pc)

if you wont use one official all you have to do is download and run the .exe with omnia conected and the executor do all.

For use a cooked rom (that is not official, and if you breked you phone you lose the guaranty), you download the files that is in topic you prefer and use GrandPrix (this program put rom in your phone in parts (phone, pda, image bla bla) at differrence of the official updater that is maked something all in 1, maked easy)

Hope you understant now.

Thank you, I understand now.

Guest Omi900
OK, lets start from zero again...

There is 2 types of firmwares:

Official, Custom.

Official differs into 2 branches:

For home use (you can download them officially), for Service Center.

So, if your target is official DXID1, you should download FW for Service Center DXID1 (it is full ROM, with all preinstalled soft from samsung).

DXID1 Full 4 Service Center

It is russian resource, you should enter right number (6 digit) into input area, then press the green button.

Credits goes to 4PDA.ru guys.

Thanks for this, but where do I get the 6 digit number from?

Guest Omi900

a rom of omnia is windows mobile (same thing that a windows of your pc)

if you wont use one official all you have to do is download and run the .exe with omnia conected and the executor do all.

Hope you understant now.

Do you know where I can get GrandPrix from?

Guest =MZ=
Thanks for this, but where do I get the 6 digit number from?

Just follow my link - on opened page you will see image with 6 digits (anti-leech download system). I don't think you will have any problem with it. After you have downloaded file, unpack it, install activesync 4.5, Samsung modem drivers and run ROM updater (there should be one exe file).

Before update: your phone battery must be charged full, use WinXP for update.

Switch off your device, connect via USB, run unpacked exe (after installing activesync and driver!!!), power on device, press start, wait until finished. After update and first boot perform hard reset.