GrandPrix

Guest Omi900

Guest vinzSG

Dear All,

excuse me for noobness here,i am juz wondering,that if this is the only thing you need to install custom roms to your omnia with a VISTA OS,just double click this thingy and voila????No need for that freaking and so confusing VMware thingy to install????in order to load up you omnia with custom roms????

thanks a lot

cheers

Guest Chad Petree

What's the use of grandprix? i have flashed my phone twice and never needed it, i just installed active sync, the modem drivers for xp, and the cooked rom exe and that was it <_< , so what do we need the grand prix for?

Edited by Chad Petree

Guest vinzSG

coz thats for those who have VISTA MACHINES on em,cooked roms only work for XP as of now,dont know why though,seems kinda odd,maybe making one in vista is too difficult or too nasty to work with.....dunno 4 sure,i sure do hope they find a way to cook them for VISTA????

Guest =MZ=

The first, in Windows Vista you cant update phone FW - no drivers.

The second, cooked roms have no phone part usually - you can flash anything you want later, but using GP.

The third, you dont want to flash EBOOT (potentially can brick your device) and new FW has similar EBOOT as you already have - you can flash only PDA part by GP.