Command.com error when running upgrade .exe

Guest Maarten Amsterdam

Guest Maarten Amsterdam

Hello experts,

I am trying to upgrade the OS of my Omnia from version XKHK3. The file Samsungmobile suggests is i900XKHJ3_updater_xp_1117.EXE When running this file I get an error message (see attachment) about command.com and autoexec.nt <_<

The second line of the error message (in Dutch) translates into something like "The system file is not suited for MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose Close to close the application."

Any of you have an idea what's happening here?

Thanks for your help!

Maarten

Omnia_upgrade_error_message.doc

Guest leppiel
Hello experts,

I am trying to upgrade the OS of my Omnia from version XKHK3. The file Samsungmobile suggests is i900XKHJ3_updater_xp_1117.EXE When running this file I get an error message (see attachment) about command.com and autoexec.nt <_<

The second line of the error message (in Dutch) translates into something like "The system file is not suited for MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose Close to close the application."

Any of you have an idea what's happening here?

Thanks for your help!

Maarten

The file is probably corrupt. Try downloading it again.

Guest Maarten Amsterdam
The file is probably corrupt. Try downloading it again.

I have tried but with the same result. Also running the file directly from the site instead of save-and-run results in the same error message.

I will try to take the machine and cables and try on my office PC.

Strange that this error message isn't reported anywhere. Maybe I will need to invest more and get myself a new PC as well <_<

If anyone has a brilliant idea, please let me know.

Maarten