Hotmail on WM6

Guest Athenon

Guest Athenon

Ok, every time I add my hotmail account to the standard E-Mail setup on WM6, it just gives me a Windows Live link and tells me to visit there instead of adding the darn account. Microsoft now allows you to use their pop3 servers to check your hotmail, so my question is....is there a way (ANY way...I'm a server admin, I can play around with my mail servers and stuff if I have to) to add a hotmail account as a STANDARD email account on WM6? I don't want to have to go to more than 1 place to see all my E-Mail accounts on WM6, so it would be REALLY REALLY handy to have them all in one place.

Guest jyalexop2003
Ok, every time I add my hotmail account to the standard E-Mail setup on WM6, it just gives me a Windows Live link and tells me to visit there instead of adding the darn account. Microsoft now allows you to use their pop3 servers to check your hotmail, so my question is....is there a way (ANY way...I'm a server admin, I can play around with my mail servers and stuff if I have to) to add a hotmail account as a STANDARD email account on WM6? I don't want to have to go to more than 1 place to see all my E-Mail accounts on WM6, so it would be REALLY REALLY handy to have them all in one place.

Use the e-mail client onb the BJII. No need to install the Windows Mobile Live utility any longer.

Go here for directions to setup up pop3 hotmail.

POP3 Hotmail Setup

I also use Microsoft's new 'My Phone' utilty to backup/sync contacts, calender, SMS, etc..