UPDATE 2: WinMo Week 31 Live! - live podcasting in assocation with My-Shoutcast

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul

myshoutcast.png

expansys_white_logo.jpg

Update:

Sorry, you missed WinMo Week 31 live! :D

...complete with live drawing of our Touch Cruise competition winner!

The edited version will be online tomorrow morning! <_<

P

It's been a long and inconsistent road of variable quality... ( :P )... but Chris and I now have 30 WinMo Week Podcasts in the bag together with 4 Netbook Week Podcasts... so we're looking to do something a little bit different! :)

As well as recording our podcasts for later listening, we have received feedback that there is interest in listening to our Podcasts being recorded live... I suspect that is related to my petit faux pas earlier in the series when I accidentally posted an unedited podcast online...

Err, well, anyway... In assocation with Shoutcast hosting providers My-Shoutcast (who also have special plans for MoDaCo members), we have successfully carried out testing that has proved we can broadcast the podcast to listeners 'near live' (Shoutcast adds a delay of approximately 15 seconds) - played via a dedicated player or an embeeded Flash player, which I think could make for interesting listening and some interesting user interaction B) Our podcasts are recorded via Skype, so there is scope for all sorts of listener interaction including phone-ins, live competitions, live competition draws (we're going to draw our Touch Cruise competition in the next podcast) and much more!

This is your opportunity to tell us your ideas for WinMo Week Live!

We are interested to hear...

- What time of day would be convenient for you to hear WMWL recorded (and your timezone!)
- What would you like to hear in the way of interactive content?
- Any other podcast feedback!

Go for it, don't be shy! :D

P

PS MoDaCo Team member Alex aka nedge2k is going to be joining the WinMo Week 'casts going forward too! Be afraid... :D

Guest deadphill

Lol Nedge is going to be doing the podcast. Give him a rest from kicking me all the time!

I would imagine one evening tbh would be best for me, pref around 8-9ish. You will never please everyone but evenings are when I am at home and able to listen live. Otherwise I will just listen to the edited podcast!

Cheers

Phill

Guest anonymous1

Hi Paul,

Please check your PMs. I've 'ping'ed you something. <_<

Thanks for checking!

Edited by anonymous1

Guest rameses

Sometime around 8pm (BST) early in the week would be my preference.

Overall I think the podcasts are great and usually informative, the tangents and ramblings adding to the entertainment value. I wish I'd d/l the uneditted one <_<

A few more chapters and pics added to the enhanced versions would be nice.

I'd be interested to know how many regular listeners (or downloaders I suppose) there are.

Guest Mark

That should be amusing!

Paul Podacasting live <_<

It would have to be evening or afternoon at the earliest for US people I guess...

Guest SirGaz

To be honest Paul, I just want a podcast each week.

It's been 2 weeks without a podcast now and over a month since the last windows mobile one. I know you do it for free but I just want a regular podcast.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest augie1

i need a coach. i have a freshly flashed verizon samsung i910. it is making/recieving calls. i have all the correct settings for metro for the sms/mms/ dialing #777 etc... EXCEPT!!! I can NOT get the password "metropcs" to stick when i enter it into the settings. I have a verizon vx6800 "ntc titan/mogul" I had it flashed to metro, and put all the same settings into it, and it's password stayed in place. All is working purrrfect on it. mms/sms/pic&text/calls/gps/instant messaging, etc.. I have been told that on the omni i910, the password has to be edited via computer/usb cable..reg edit.. perhaps. If i knew what/where to edit i feel confident enough to try it. can anyone direct me with good info, as to what software to use, and where in the registry, i need to edit? I have mobile reg editor, and qpst, and active sync installed, as well as tcmdpocketarm total commander for pocket-pc. i really want to get this phone working, someone please come to the rescue. my email is [email protected] cell# 707-413-8127...augie. and thanks in advance...

Guest Shuflie

I'm having problems connecting to the palringo server, apparently they are doing some maintainance but that's only supposed to slow the history down according to the website. any alternatives?

Guest Shuflie

I liked it, nice experience being able to take part on palringo.

EDIT: even if I did have to do the palringo bit from my TD2 since the macbook client kept locking up and logging me out for some reason.

EDIT2: The subjecct of the oPhone being a good looking andriod phone for a change came up, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WazA77xcf0A. Now whatever happened to that?

Edited by Shuflie

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.