Warning to All Bell and Telus Omnia Users

Guest Adrynalyne

Guest Adrynalyne

Please, please, PLEASE! don't flash the CC20 or Verizon cooked roms anymore. You are messing up your phones, and there is usually no way to fix it.

Second note:

I don't have Bell and Telus roms to supply the unfortunate flashers. So, the PMs that you have sent me/ are about to send me can stop now icon_wink.gif

Third note:

Is there a Telus rom out there, that someone might have acquired? Yes. Is it the latest rom that shipped with your phone? Probably not. Be warned.

Same for Bell users.

Have a nice day folks, and hope that your carriers will approve a new rom release soon. Us Verizon users have to rely on a shoddy rom leaked. We dont even have an official release yet.

Guest Remsad
Please, please, PLEASE! don't flash the CC20 or Verizon cooked roms anymore. You are messing up your phones, and there is usually no way to fix it.

Second note:

I don't have Bell and Telus roms to supply the unfortunate flashers. So, the PMs that you have sent me/ are about to send me can stop now icon_wink.gif

Third note:

Is there a Telus rom out there, that someone might have acquired? Yes. Is it the latest rom that shipped with your phone? Probably not. Be warned.

Same for Bell users.

Have a nice day folks, and hope that your carriers will approve a new rom release soon. Us Verizon users have to rely on a shoddy rom leaked. We dont even have an official release yet.

I contacted a Telus insiders and I don't have any news for a new update for Omnia <_<

Guest Adrynalyne

What did you expect?

The phone has been out for a short time, and its current firmware includes many of the fixes from the i900/i910 issues.

Guest Remsad
What did you expect?

The phone has been out for a short time, and its current firmware includes many of the fixes from the i900/i910 issues.

En connaissant la vitesse de Telus, on risque de fêter Noël avant un move quelconque.

Following Telus moves since 3 years, we will have many months before any update.

Guest andythebeerman
En connaissant la vitesse de Telus, on risque de fêter Noël avant un move quelconque.

Following Telus moves since 3 years, we will have many months before any update.

I have the disk which came w/ my Bell i910, does that help? Also, looking to unlock the GPS. Don't want to give Bell $10/mo.

I have been flashing cooked roms for several years w/ HTC devices (GSM). Is there a different methodology for CDMA devices?

Edited by andythebeerman

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bcasey

has anyone successfully updated a Sasktel i910 to wm6.5? I am assuming that all these verison roms are just going to mess my phone up as this post states not to flash Bell or Telus. (Sasktel gets devices from Bell)

I would love to up my phone to 6.5 but I feel like im trapped using 6.1 for a looong time... ;(

Guest Tprice

Really dont flash your phones if your a telus or bell user.

But if you do want to and see do it in the 30 day 30 min policy.

You might just be lucky enough to return the phone with out them asking to many questions!

DONT flash your phones!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zolushka_mx
Really dont flash your phones if your a telus or bell user.

But if you do want to and see do it in the 30 day 30 min policy.

You might just be lucky enough to return the phone with out them asking to many questions!

DONT flash your phones!

I should have read this treat 20 hours ago, I did flash I910 :D

Now is malfuctional, all works exept "phone feature" won't look up for signal ... keep telling "Turn ON radio signal'

someone !! help!! anyawy to roll back to Bell's original ROM?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest GeeWiz_Aa

Glad I saw this before I tried. There's so much enthusiasm over the cooked Roms, I was all set to try them...

BUT not on TELUS phones. To bad. I really hate when they brain dead technology, just to charge us a few bucks.

Do other people have issues where you have to soft/reset the device ?

I've had to soft reset my phone 1/2 dozen times in my first few days.

Not doing anything really weird, just surfing thru all it's available options.

(This is my first WinMo device)

Got to say I'm sure tired of the Stylus being tied to the phone. To many scratches, clacking when on the phone.

I see there are some extended batteries that include a built in stylus. Probably it's worth the $100.

Anyone know if there is a way to force a '1' infront of all the phone numbers ?

(Down in the states, 1's are not required as much, but in canada, I need a 1 for any LD).

Google maps and GPS would be nice too, I saw some notes about this that I'll have to try.

Anyway First post here, still lots of reading todo, but thanks again for the warning post.

• 5 months later...
Guest azuraca

Second note:

Third note:

Same for Bell users.

Any news regarding a way to fix telus i910 flashed with verizon rom?

Guest Dj Hugh
I should have read this treat 20 hours ago, I did flash I910 :)

Now is malfuctional, all works exept "phone feature" won't look up for signal ... keep telling "Turn ON radio signal'

someone !! help!! anyawy to roll back to Bell's original ROM?

I just did the same thing, I as well wish I would have thought that it would only look for verizon signals. All in the hope that I could unlock the gps for google maps. Thank God I pay the extra little a month for bells insurance, when I go home tonight I'm going to play with the install cd that it came with, if there is a backup then we should be okay, otherwise I'll be handing my phone back in. If you've had any sucess otherwise please let me know.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, I fell victim to this as well. I'm with Bell and before I even gathered enough knowledge, I went on and flashed my phone. It's my fault, but I still don't want to be without a phone. I spoke to Bell representatives and they couldn't help me (he actually recommended that I visit PPCGeeks). I also spoke to Samsung representatives and they just told me to speak to Bell. So I'm just lost right now. My Omnia still works (I can still install and use apps and mess around with it) but I just don't have the functionality of a phone. I sure hope something comes out soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ez4unm2

I am a victim too, but not a big one... ;) I bought a Verizon i910 from eBay hoping I will be able to use it with Bell, but no...

I tried about 4 cooked ROMs, then I switched back to Verizon. Anyway, probably I will have to sell it. And probably I will do

it on eBay. I will wait 2 - 3 weeks, maybe somebody will help and, if, not, back to eBay with it !

Hope to have news soon ! :D

• 1 month later...
Guest WhatID

Humm.. seeing a few Bell users fall into victim.... I think this should be a sticky on first page....

To be honest, if I didn't read all the threads, I would be screwed right now.

Humm.. seeing a few Bell users fall into victim.... I think this should be a sticky on first page....

To be honest, if I didn't read all the threads, I would be screwed right now.

+1 on sticky