rOM UPGRADE QUESTION.

Guest spanomnia

Guest spanomnia

Hi all,

I went to the Samsung site to get an official rom upgrade. I put UK as my location, even though I am not there, I just want an English rom, and a newer one than my HH1.

So my ACTUAL rom is DXHH1 - looking at the source code of samsungs page, the Java script is expecting another suffix, AC, MS BC or BO - so entering my rom version is gonna kick back an invalid version number.....is there a way round this, I got the DX version of the rom a while back now as the phone was in spanish - and cant remember where from. I searched the site and it seems my rom is Singapore version, but still in english, if i download the latest singapore rom from samsung site, how can i be sure its gonna be in English - i dont want to burn a chineese character based rom to my phone by accident........!!

Can anyone provide a hint or indeed recommend a cooked rom that may suit my needs - I dont have many problems with the Omnia, battery duration is pants compared to other phones, but i realise the omnia does a bit more than other phones, also the contacts page is a bit crappy to navigate through and I end up dialing someone by accident instead of scrolling further down - SPB 3 was great at this, but there was some kind of memory leak that drained the battery like mad, so i went back to SPB2 for now.

thanks in advance.

Guest MrJoneswii

All DX Singapore or Philippines rom are in English.

As for cooked roms, there are different ones, depending on your needs. otherwise you can always take the original rom and use a ui such as SPB, Pointui, wisbar etc...