[ROM] blazingwolf Rock and Republic WM6.5 v10

Guest blazingwolf

Guest dmcnado
I like XDA_UC because it starts immediately after the first boot. I don't have to reinstall Sashimi or start a file to get it installing. With this version of XDA_UC you can install things to your SD card or My Storage. To me it is just easier.

BW, thanks for the quick reply. Should I set up my XDA_UC and XDA_UC/SD folders in my storage card root BEFORE I flash your rom? I can just copy cabs into these folders and then flash, right? I am guessing so, but want to confirm. Also, what happens if your cab is NOT successfully installed (either automatically or to My Storage)? Is there an error trap of some sort or does the program just stop or crash?

Also, is the GPS Quick Position app still in your roms? I believe Adrynalyne determined that it wasn't doing anything at all, so he removed it from his newest roms.

Thanks, again!

Guest blazingwolf
BW, thanks for the quick reply. Should I set up my XDA_UC and XDA_UC/SD folders in my storage card root BEFORE I flash your rom? I can just copy cabs into these folders and then flash, right? I am guessing so, but want to confirm. Also, what happens if your cab is NOT successfully installed (either automatically or to My Storage)? Is there an error trap of some sort or does the program just stop or crash?

Also, is the GPS Quick Position app still in your roms? I believe Adrynalyne determined that it wasn't doing anything at all, so he removed it from his newest roms.

Thanks, again!

Yes for XDA_UC.

GPS app, yes I know I will remove it for the next ROM.

Guest braindoc

BW, I've been using your 5.1 ROM and made the switch to Neo9 today. I really like it but now I cannot get AVRCP to work. My S9 headphones sync up OK but I cannot use the headphone controls to skip or pause. I had no problem doing this with the 5.1 ROM. Any suggestions as to what's wrong?

Guest iflyfish
That is the Shokka9 keyboard. I will talk with him and see if I can use the keyboard.

that would be sweet thanks i think im going to have to buy a diet pepsi some day ;)

Guest lovethecorners

Hello,

Is there a way to change the "Pictures" path to the storage card from My Pictures? Sorry if this already mentioned here.

Thanks in advance.

Guest blazingwolf
BW, I've been using your 5.1 ROM and made the switch to Neo9 today. I really like it but now I cannot get AVRCP to work. My S9 headphones sync up OK but I cannot use the headphone controls to skip or pause. I had no problem doing this with the 5.1 ROM. Any suggestions as to what's wrong?

Umm, I have no idea. I've never used AVRCP before. ;)

What have you added on to the ROM? Did you try on a fresh system?

You tried all of the normal things like soft reset?

I don't have something with AVRCP to test with so I'm not sure if I will be able to fix the issue. :D

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
that would be sweet thanks i think im going to have to buy a diet pepsi some day ;)

Regular is fine with me. :D

Guest blazingwolf
Hello,

Is there a way to change the "Pictures" path to the storage card from My Pictures? Sorry if this already mentioned here.

Thanks in advance.

Of what program?

Guest iflyfish
For those who can't wait for the next rom to have the Shokka9 keyboard, here is the link to download it.

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/third-party-s..._xt9_keyboards/

Iflyfish: Do you remember the dial pad that was in Wozzer's latest rom? I think it was from HTC. It was black and red buttons and had spaces in between. I can't remember if it was from Wozzer's or Adrynalyn's latest rom. I done flash this thing so much I forgot who had what.

grate i down loaded it i just don't know how it install it please help

Guest Inbreakable

Yeah...I'm going to try different keyboard tomorrow I got to flash my phone back lol.

I can't seem to get google maps to lock on my position at all with gps on location.

Is GPS not working still with these phones?

Guest iflyfish
Yeah...I'm going to try different keyboard tomorrow I got to flash my phone back lol.

I can't seem to get google maps to lock on my position at all with gps on location.

it works on mine. but sometimes it takes time to find me

Guest blazingwolf

Yes, GPS works. Please do a little reading as this is an often covered topic.

So here is another Neo panel. Genix9 new version of CMultiClock. Seems to work a lot better then the .6 version. ;)

BW, a newbie question: i like the way "home" on this screenshot how did you get clock, weather and message to show up?

thanks

Guest Ruffroc02
grate i down loaded it i just don't know how it install it please help

Its just like any other .cab file. Open it, install it to device, then it will ask you to restart. Volla!

Anybody know how to install the Samsung dailer? I installed it to device and it never worked but it started screwing up my phone until I uninstalled it.

Guest blazingwolf
BW, a newbie question: i like the way "home" on this screenshot how did you get clock, weather and message to show up?

thanks

Install the MultiClock cab file. It will give you this look. ;)

Guest blazingwolf
Anybody know how to install the Samsung dailer? I installed it to device and it never worked but it started screwing up my phone until I uninstalled it.

Why are you installing the Samsung dialer? It is already on my ROM.

Guest freemantim

I haven't tried v9 yet but after using v8 for almost a week I started having some issues with the phone not being able to sync with Exchange so I decided to try out one of the other cooked ROMs available from the site. I have to say that I've gotten very used to the little extra's that you've put into your ROMs BW.

One thing that I really liked that you enabled in v8 was the fact that when I started to type in a name in a new email or text the phone would auto list similar names from my contact list. This was a feature I loved back when I was using a Treo 700wx, but didn't work out of the box when I first got the Omnia, and wasn't working with any of the ROMs that I'd tried until v8. Is that a setting that simply needs to be enabled somewhere in the menus or is it something you can only enable while you are cooking?

The latest ROM I'm using doesn't have this feature enabled and so I'm already ready to flash to v9 of yours, but is this feature working still on v9?

thanks for all the work you have put into the ROM (and thanks to all the other chefs too!)

Edited by freemantim

Guest blazingwolf
I haven't tried v9 yet but after using v8 for almost a week I started having some issues with the phone not being able to sync with Exchange so I decided to try out one of the other cooked ROMs available from the site. I have to say that I've gotten very used to the little extra's that you've put into your ROMs BW.

One thing that I really liked that you enabled in v8 was the fact that when I started to type in a name in a new email or text the phone would auto list similar names from my contact list. This was a feature I loved back when I was using a Treo 700wx, but didn't work out of the box when I first got the Omnia, and wasn't working with any of the ROMs that I'd tried until v8. Is that a setting that simply needs to be enabled somewhere in the menus or is it something you can only enable while you are cooking?

The latest ROM I'm using doesn't have this feature enabled and so I'm already ready to flash to v9 of yours, but is this feature working still on v9?

thanks for all the work you have put into the ROM (and thanks to all the other chefs too!)

That is not something I specifically enabled. I haven't made any changes to this area so I would think it would still work. ;)

Guest iflyfish
Its just like any other .cab file. Open it, install it to device, then it will ask you to restart. Volla!

i tried this but then i started having problems if you having and then i had to hard reset my phone to get it work

Guest braindoc
Umm, I have no idea. I've never used AVRCP before. ;)

What have you added on to the ROM? Did you try on a fresh system?

You tried all of the normal things like soft reset?

I don't have something with AVRCP to test with so I'm not sure if I will be able to fix the issue. :D

I did install a couple of programs but nothing that should interfere with AVRCP. I can't find any references to this problem on other sites. Perhaps there was a change in the 6.5 build. Looks like I'm going back to your 5.1 ROM.

Guest braindoc
I did install a couple of programs but nothing that should interfere with AVRCP. I can't find any references to this problem on other sites. Perhaps there was a change in the 6.5 build. Looks like I'm going back to your 5.1 ROM.

Just flashed the version 8 ROM and AVRCP appears to work. So there is a possibility that there is a bug in the newer 6.5 build.

Guest SNK SKNR

I found another issue, but want to make sure it's just my phone and not a problem with the rom (im sure its not). When having a text conversation, as long as I stay in the conversation, the messages that are sent to me are still kept as unread, even after I reply to them. Before flashing to rom upgrade, anytime I replied to a text, it would mark the previous incoming messages as sent. Now, all incoming messages will stay unread until I close the conversation and open it back up. The screenshot below shows the messages I sent back and forth between my work cell and omnia. The ones from my work cell are still in bold because it thinks they are unread.

Screen07.png

Guest blazingwolf
i tried this but then i started having problems if you having and then i had to hard reset my phone to get it work

You need to be a bit more specific about your issues before I can help. What is happening after the install?

Guest blazingwolf

I double checked the new SYS and the AVCRP plugin is included in the ROM. Unfortunately I have no way to test this. If you would like to PM me I will replace the AVCRP plugin and see if it helps.