[ROM] blazingwolf Rock and Republic WM6.5 v10

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
I found another issue, but want to make sure it's just my phone and not a problem with the rom (im sure its not). When having a text conversation, as long as I stay in the conversation, the messages that are sent to me are still kept as unread, even after I reply to them. Before flashing to rom upgrade, anytime I replied to a text, it would mark the previous incoming messages as sent. Now, all incoming messages will stay unread until I close the conversation and open it back up. The screenshot below shows the messages I sent back and forth between my work cell and omnia. The ones from my work cell are still in bold because it thinks they are unread.

Hmm, I know MS changed the way things are answered in text messages but usually when you reply they are marked as read. I will do some testing today to see if it happens to me.

Guest freemantim
That is not something I specifically enabled. I haven't made any changes to this area so I would think it would still work. ;)

Gah....v9 is up and running but the auto populate of the names is not working. Drives me nuts because the "Email Tips and Tricks" that shows up everytime the phone gets flashed say " Enter an e-mail address quickly: Enter the first few characters of a name or e-mail address in the To box, and you will see a short matching list of contacts from which to choose" but it doesn't work.

Why would it work with v8 but not v9?

Anyone else run into this issue?

Guest blazingwolf

@donators,

I wanted to say thank you for donating. I truly appreciate it. You should have received a personal reply from me but if you didn't (due to it landing in the junkmail folder) I just wanted you to know that it is really appreciated. ;)

Guest blazingwolf
Gah....v9 is up and running but the auto populate of the names is not working. Drives me nuts because the "Email Tips and Tricks" that shows up everytime the phone gets flashed say " Enter an e-mail address quickly: Enter the first few characters of a name or e-mail address in the To box, and you will see a short matching list of contacts from which to choose" but it doesn't work.

Why would it work with v8 but not v9?

Anyone else run into this issue?

Hmm, OK. I will do some looking today to see if I can find out why it works or doesn't work.

Guest GandalfPJ
I found another issue, but want to make sure it's just my phone and not a problem with the rom (im sure its not). When having a text conversation, as long as I stay in the conversation, the messages that are sent to me are still kept as unread, even after I reply to them. Before flashing to rom upgrade, anytime I replied to a text, it would mark the previous incoming messages as sent. Now, all incoming messages will stay unread until I close the conversation and open it back up. The screenshot below shows the messages I sent back and forth between my work cell and omnia. The ones from my work cell are still in bold because it thinks they are unread.

I've encountered this problem since I first got my Omnia. If you have received multiple messages from the same person, they all show up as Unread. When you enter the conversation, it will only mark the latest Unread item as Read, but the previous items will still show as Unread. Also, if you stay in the conversation and receive more messages from that same person, they will show up as unread. The only remedy I know of is to parse through the unread messages using the d-pad until all Unread messages get marked as read. I hope that all makes sense...

Guest blazingwolf
I've encountered this problem since I first got my Omnia. If you have received multiple messages from the same person, they all show up as Unread. When you enter the conversation, it will only mark the latest Unread item as Read, but the previous items will still show as Unread. Also, if you stay in the conversation and receive more messages from that same person, they will show up as unread. The only remedy I know of is to parse through the unread messages using the d-pad until all Unread messages get marked as read. I hope that all makes sense...

I believe this is different because he is replying to them.

What you describe is a change in behavior setup by MS for unknown reasons.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest SNK SKNR

I swear that before I flashed it would mark all messages from that sender as 'read' as soon as i replied to them. I found that if I am at any screen besides the conversation (like phone is in my pocket or I am doing something else) and get a message, when I open the convo up, it will be marked as read, but not if I get the message WHILE i am in the convo window. The tip about parsing through them with the dpad will make it liveable for me. To have to exit the conversation and go back in for them to be read was annoying, but if I can just scroll up real quick and it will mark them read, thats fine. Thanks for the tip!

Guest lovethecorners
Hello,

Is there a way to change the "Pictures" path to the storage card from My Pictures? Sorry if this already mentioned here.

Thanks in advance.

Of what program?

I think he was referring to the CMyPhotos Titanium panel.

Ah yeah I am sorry that I did not mention the program name. Just like treid71 said it's cmyphotos titanium panel.

Guest treid71
@donators,

I wanted to say thank you for donating. I truly appreciate it. You should have received a personal reply from me but if you didn't (due to it landing in the junkmail folder) I just wanted you to know that it is really appreciated. :D

Keep up the great work bro ;)

Guest lovethecorners

Blaze,

I like the CMultiClock. Thanks much.

However, I noticed that I did not get the "Verizon" right of antenna. I have attached image. Am I missing something?

post-525107-1247246221_thumb.png

Guest blazingwolf
Blaze,

I like the CMultiClock. Thanks much.

However, I noticed that I did not get the "Verizon" right of antenna. I have attached image. Am I missing something?

post-525107-1247246221_thumb.png

You have to set that up in Personalizer. Start/Utilities/Personalizer.

Yes for XDA_UC.

GPS app, yes I know I will remove it for the next ROM.

Wolf, I placed XDA_UC in My Storage and place CAB files for PHM Reg Editor; Google map and YouTube in folder. Reflashed from your ROM v8 (was too excited yesterday did not notice v8) to v9; flash went well, saw notice from xda had finished loading but did not find any of program installed, obviously i missed something - must be a newbie thing.

also using google maps for gps - 5 to 6 sat was ok - any other gps app you use and recommend?

I got spoiled by stand alone gps like garmin nuvi but don't like the subscription for traffic and same reason dropping vznav (on top of vz lies).

off topic question - do you know / have or can direct me to where to find cooked rom for DARE and enV2 if any? - is this early signs of becoming an FA? ;)

Thanks again.

arlie

Guest blazingwolf
Just flashed the version 8 ROM and AVRCP appears to work. So there is a possibility that there is a bug in the newer 6.5 build.

Please try this cab file and let me know if it works for you please.

BW_AVCRP_fix.cab

Guest blazingwolf
Wolf, I placed XDA_UC in My Storage and place CAB files for PHM Reg Editor; Google map and YouTube in folder. Reflashed from your ROM v8 (was too excited yesterday did not notice v8) to v9; flash went well, saw notice from xda had finished loading but did not find any of program installed, obviously i missed something - must be a newbie thing.

also using google maps for gps - 5 to 6 sat was ok - any other gps app you use and recommend?

I got spoiled by stand alone gps like garmin nuvi but don't like the subscription for traffic and same reason dropping vznav (on top of vz lies).

off topic question - do you know / have or can direct me to where to find cooked rom for DARE and enV2 if any? - is this early signs of becoming an FA? ;)

Thanks again.

arlie

The XDA_UC folder needs to be on a Storage Card not in My Storage.

I use Igo 8 for GPS right now.

Have no clue where to get those ROMs from.

Guest strong sad

I will be flashing to version 9 tonight hopefully. I've been going through and customizing a lot of things and just playing with the settings. In the process I've run across simple questions that I know have already been answered here on the forums but it takes way to long to find the answers because this tread is so long. What I've started doing was going back and reading through the form and writing down notes on the commonly asked questions that are always repeated because no one takes the time to go back and read through 70 some pages. Its turning into a nice little FAQ, although I'm not done with it I will post it up as soon as I am done.

Igo 8 - will try that

do you have another theme instead of honeycomb for start menu (to line up icons)?

have to do hard reset after moving XDA_UC to Storage Card? also should it be named XDA_UC/SD?

thanks.

Blaze - XDA_UC in Storage Card works great! did hard reset and all cabs loaded as stated. if new cabs added still have to do hard reset? which back apps do you recommend?

thanks again.

Guest blazingwolf
Blaze - XDA_UC in Storage Card works great! did hard reset and all cabs loaded as stated. if new cabs added still have to do hard reset? which back apps do you recommend?

thanks again.

XDA_UC only works after a flash or hard reset right now. So adding new cabs to that folder will do nothing until you do that. If you want any of those programs on a SD card or My Storage then you need to put a folder called SD in the XDA_UC folder. Then the cab files need to go inside of that folder. Then upon hard reset or flash it will run those cab files and ask you where you want to install them. Just like a normal cab install. After you press OK the next cab will start to install, etc.

Guest Ruffroc02
Why are you installing the Samsung dialer? It is already on my ROM.

My bad Wolf. I meant Samsung Fullscreen Volume Control. Does anybody know how to install that so it works.

Guest Ruffroc02
i tried this but then i started having problems if you having and then i had to hard reset my phone to get it work

I don't know. I downloaded it from the site I placed in the post. I put it in my storage card. Then I installed it to my device. It asked me to restart and I havent had a problem with it. The .cab I used is attached below. Let me know if it works.

EDIT: Nevermind. It is too big to attach.

Edited by Ruffroc02

Guest bga7x
My bad Wolf. I meant Samsung Fullscreen Volume Control. Does anybody know how to install that so it works.

Assuming you have the .cab file, install to device memory, SR and you should be fine!!!

Guest Ruffroc02
Assuming you have the .cab file, install to device memory, SR and you should be fine!!!

Yeah I tried that and then my phone started acting acting stupid. I guess me and iflyfish are having the same problem. I am going to retry it.

EDIT: One thing. The cab for it I have is title "Samsung Volume Control for Adrynal ROM." Is this the normal cab everyone is using for this program or does it only work on Adrynal roms and I need to find another cab? If I need another cab can some one point me in the direction to get it?

I just installed the cab. I didnt give me an option to install it to a specific location so I am guessing it automatically installed to the device but I am not sure. It still doesnt work though.

Edited by Ruffroc02

Guest tmar23

BW, flashed to v9 yesterday, and it is working great! Nice work once again. I do have 1 general question, though. My scrolling works very well inside contacts and file explorer. It even works good scrolling thru emails. However, when I scroll within a single email (reading email) it does not respond well at all. I have to attempt to scroll twice to get it to work. I have noticed this in previous versions, as well (I think?). Is this normal, or is this something unique to my phone? Also, with scrolling I noticed that Opera seems to scroll a bit better than Skyfire. Is this what everyone experiences or is it unique to my phone?

Lovethecorners, I really like your wallpaper you posted on page 73? Clean and simple, and colorful. Where can I get this wallpaper for my background?

Guest blazingwolf

Perhaps you have an older version. Does your have a 3 in the name of the file. If not it is an older one an you need the newer version. I just tried that version and it works fine (with build 23004 ;) ).