[ROM] blazingwolf Rock and Republic WM6.5 v10

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
I don't know. I downloaded it from the site I placed in the post. I put it in my storage card. Then I installed it to my device. It asked me to restart and I havent had a problem with it. The .cab I used is attached below. Let me know if it works.

EDIT: Nevermind. It is too big to attach.

All right. Let's start from the top please. What exactly are you having trouble installing (I must be getting old as I can't remember right now).

Guest blazingwolf
BW, flashed to v9 yesterday, and it is working great! Nice work once again. I do have 1 general question, though. My scrolling works very well inside contacts and file explorer. It even works good scrolling thru emails. However, when I scroll within a single email (reading email) it does not respond well at all. I have to attempt to scroll twice to get it to work. I have noticed this in previous versions, as well (I think?). Is this normal, or is this something unique to my phone? Also, with scrolling I noticed that Opera seems to scroll a bit better than Skyfire. Is this what everyone experiences or is it unique to my phone?

Lovethecorners, I really like your wallpaper you posted on page 73? Clean and simple, and colorful. Where can I get this wallpaper for my background?

The scroll is probably because of the Samsung scroll. It can mess things up. Install the trial of FTouchSl and see if it helps. ;)

I agree about the wallpaper. Very nice lovethecorners, please share.

Guest iflyfish
You need to be a bit more specific about your issues before I can help. What is happening after the install?

nothing i lost my t9 all i had was just the ABC and no t9

Guest tmar23
The scroll is probably because of the Samsung scroll. It can mess things up. Install the trial of FTouchSl and see if it helps. ;)

I agree about the wallpaper. Very nice lovethecorners, please share.

BW - I do have FTouchSl installed (had it setup to auto install when I flashed--thanks for that btw :D ). I only have kinetic scrolling enabled within FTouchSl, though. Is that what you have? I had it install on my device after the flash. It is version 2.10.

Guest blazingwolf
BW - I do have FTouchSl installed (had it setup to auto install when I flashed--thanks for that btw :D ). I only have kinetic scrolling enabled within FTouchSl, though. Is that what you have? I had it install on my device after the flash. It is version 2.10.

Ah, there is the issue. Disable TouchFloSL. It just needs to be installed not used. ;)

Guest blazingwolf
nothing i lost my t9 all i had was just the ABC and no t9

Did you whistle for it? ;) (sorry, probably a bad attempt at humor)

What have you installed?

Guest tmar23
Ah, there is the issue. Disable TouchFloSL. It just needs to be installed not used. ;)

Ok, i turned off scrolling, and it is working much better now, thanks! However, now I get that annoying clicking sound when scrolling. Is there anyway to get rid of that? Also, it seemed (may just be perception and not reality) that the scrolling in contacts worked slighly better (faster) with it enabled in TouchFLoSL? Am I imagining that, or is it real?

One more REALLY stupid question.... If I purchased TouchFloSL will it work on your rom so I can enable scrolling? I really like the feel of the TouchFloSL scrolling when it was enabled (without the clicking) but it just didn't work well when reading emails?

Guest iflyfish
Did you whistle for it? ;) (sorry, probably a bad attempt at humor)

What have you installed?

lol you getting diet Pepsi now anyway i just cant get all i can do now is just hope you add it to your next update Shokka9_XT9_GlossBlack_v1.1.rar is what i have been trying to get

Guest blazingwolf
Ok, i turned off scrolling, and it is working much better now, thanks! However, now I get that annoying clicking sound when scrolling. Is there anyway to get rid of that? Also, it seemed (may just be perception and not reality) that the scrolling in contacts worked slighly better (faster) with it enabled in TouchFLoSL? Am I imagining that, or is it real?

One more REALLY stupid question.... If I purchased TouchFloSL will it work on your rom so I can enable scrolling? I really like the feel of the TouchFloSL scrolling when it was enabled (without the clicking) but it just didn't work well when reading emails?

Did you soft reset? Just the existence of FTouchSL does the trick. It doesn't need to be enabled. I install it to device memory after every flash or hard reset through XDA_UC.

Guest blazingwolf
lol you getting diet Pepsi now anyway i just cant get all i can do now is just hope you add it to your next update Shokka9_XT9_GlossBlack_v1.1.rar is what i have been trying to get

So that is not installing correctly then?

Diet Pepsi? Man your mean. ;) :D

Guest saruutskushii

Quick question... I know it's in this forum somewhere but I don't have much time to read ... where do I go to get the radar stuff for TitaniumWeather I know texas is there but I need ohio!!! thanks for the help

Guest BrianPick
Quick question... I know it's in this forum somewhere but I don't have much time to read ... where do I go to get the radar stuff for TitaniumWeather I know texas is there but I need ohio!!! thanks for the help

Is the next rom you are working on going to be 23004 ? I have had to reset v9 because I have found a coupl ethings. But know holding steady for quite sometime. Before 6.5 I used to carry aa stylus on my keys bit now more !

It's up to you. ;)

I have included some things WoZZeR does not have and vice versa. Also, the SYS and XIP are from 21234 which is the latest available.

BW,

do you have new build / version 23004? or still v9?

Guest jaycarl

Hey blazingwolf,

I flashed your v9 Rom and continue to be impressed with your work.

Only issue is that when I use ICS to tether via USB the connection keeps breaking every 5 to 10 minutes. Do you know of a fix for this?

Other than that everything seems STABLE and FAST.

Guest eufouria

Hey blazingwolf just flashed v9 and loving it, most stable rom I've used to date!

One huge problem however is the media control and call buttons on my Motorola S9-HD bluetooth headset aren't being registered, I've paired the two several times but still no luck, any ideas of what's going on? 

I'll test it out on my father's blackberry later today and update this post but all the buttons (volume, SRS on/off) that function within the headset are working fine.

Keep up the great work!  Should I be looking forward to a 23004 build sometime soon?

Guest blazingwolf

Do you mean radar images? Then you need to got to a weather site that has a radar image of your area. Right click on it and view properties. Copy the link and paste it in to the radar setup page.

Guest blazingwolf
Is the next rom you are working on going to be 23004 ? I have had to reset v9 because I have found a coupl ethings. But know holding steady for quite sometime. Before 6.5 I used to carry aa stylus on my keys bit now more !

I am working on 23004 so it is most likely to be in the next ROM.

Did you try the AVCRP fix?

What are the couple of issues? I can't fix things if you guys don't tell me the issues.

Guest blazingwolf
BW,

do you have new build / version 23004? or still v9?

V9 uses build 23003. The next ROM will have 23004. I'm waiting to hear from the people that were having issues with AVCRP.

Guest blazingwolf
Hey blazingwolf,

I flashed your v9 Rom and continue to be impressed with your work.

Only issue is that when I use ICS to tether via USB the connection keeps breaking every 5 to 10 minutes. Do you know of a fix for this?

Other than that everything seems STABLE and FAST.

Perhaps an issue with Verizon in your area? I know that no one else has complained about it.

Guest blazingwolf
Hey blazingwolf just flashed v9 and loving it, most stable rom I've used to date!

One huge problem however is the media control and call buttons on my Motorola S9-HD bluetooth headset aren't being registered, I've paired the two several times but still no luck, any ideas of what's going on? 

I'll test it out on my father's blackberry later today and update this post but all the buttons (volume, SRS on/off) that function within the headset are working fine.

Keep up the great work!  Should I be looking forward to a 23004 build sometime soon?

Have you tried the AVCRP fix I made and posted? I don't have anything to test this with so I am dependent on you guys to help me fix this.

It is posted on page 74 in post number 1463.

Edited by blazingwolf

First of all, THANK YOU to the guru's on this site...I was able to successfully flash my omnia i910 which is quite a feat for a bonified newbie and technically challenged individual, so this speaks to how precise your instructions are! My phone is much faster now! I am now ready to take the next step and flash to wm6.5. Since I am so challenged (technologically speaking of course) I want to download the most current and functional version. Is the one at the beginning of this thread the one I'm looking for? What are the big differences between 6.1 pro and 6.5? Pro's/con's? Also, I believe I would do this using UMDL23.exec, am I correct? Any additional suggestions/advise would be appreciated.

Again, thanks to those who's intelligence allows people like me to benefit!

Guest blazingwolf
First of all, THANK YOU to the guru's on this site...I was able to successfully flash my omnia i910 which is quite a feat for a bonified newbie and technically challenged individual, so this speaks to how precise your instructions are! My phone is much faster now! I am now ready to take the next step and flash to wm6.5. Since I am so challenged (technologically speaking of course) I want to download the most current and functional version. Is the one at the beginning of this thread the one I'm looking for? What are the big differences between 6.1 pro and 6.5? Pro's/con's? Also, I believe I would do this using UMDL23.exec, am I correct? Any additional suggestions/advise would be appreciated.

Again, thanks to those who's intelligence allows people like me to benefit!

The first post contains links to the newest version of my ROM. The first post also contains directions on how to flash this ROM. ;)

Guest eufouria
Have you tried the AVCRP fix I made and posted? I don't have anything to test this with so I am dependent on you guys to help me fix this.

It is posted on page 74 in post number 1463.

Just tried the AVCRP fix, was actually a step in the wrong direction, audio no longer played through the headset regardless of connectivity. 

Also the pairing proccess was a bit buggy, giving me messages about the password being incorrect, not pairing, etc. 

Guest JDawg183

Here is something for ya Blaze, I dont know if you can flash ROMs to this or not as it is meant to be for trying apps for developers, but who knows. You may want to look into it so you dont accidentally brick your phone when first trying a new version ;)

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=5612

Guest Rob Storm
Just tried the AVCRP fix, was actually a step in the wrong direction, audio no longer played through the headset regardless of connectivity.

Also the pairing proccess was a bit buggy, giving me messages about the password being incorrect, not pairing, etc.

Ty turning off "Smart Pairing". I had the same issue and when I turned it off all was fine