[ROM] blazingwolf Rock and Republic WM6.5 v10

Guest blazingwolf

Guest tmar23
Blaze,

I like the CMultiClock. Thanks much.

However, I noticed that I did not get the "Verizon" right of antenna. I have attached image. Am I missing something?

post-525107-1247246221_thumb.png

Does anyone know where I can get this background image, or can you please post it?

post-525107-1247246221_thumb.png

Guest blazingwolf
Just tried the AVCRP fix, was actually a step in the wrong direction, audio no longer played through the headset regardless of connectivity. 

Also the pairing proccess was a bit buggy, giving me messages about the password being incorrect, not pairing, etc. 

Shoot. OK, back to the drawing board.

Guest blazingwolf
Here is something for ya Blaze, I dont know if you can flash ROMs to this or not as it is meant to be for trying apps for developers, but who knows. You may want to look into it so you dont accidentally brick your phone when first trying a new version ;)

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=5612

You can't flash ROMs to that just programs. Thanks though. :D

Guest blazingwolf
Ty turning off "Smart Pairing". I had the same issue and when I turned it off all was fine

Was that before or after using the cab file I made? Was that with v9?

@Everyone,

this is the kind of info I need to fix the issues that do exists. If I can't get info on how to replicate or a possible step to fix I can't fix it. So, please when posting about a bug give as much info as you can. Thanks. ;)

Here are the dragon wallpapers turned in to themes. Thanks to bob_55 for the images. ;)

post-525063-1247344894_thumb.png

blaze, your rom seems to get better as i get better acquainted with it, man you stuff some real good stuff in it.... i just hate the learning curve... oh well no pain go gain... a few newbie questions....

1. does batti use more juice than original? i like batti but not if power hog

2. no color icon for "Start" and rest other than bluetooth where do i change that?

3. battery icon does not link and i tried to take it off by swapping with clock using "Advance config" but still there so how do i either restore link to power management app or remove icon on task bar?

4. any alternative to "honeycomb" in Start menu -looks great but getting frustrating when scrolling for apps - i did find where to move app's icon around.

thanks again

Edited by aace

Guest blazingwolf
blaze, your rom seems to get better as i get better acquainted with it, man you stuff some real good stuff in it.... i just hate the learning curve... oh well no pain go gain... a few newbie questions....

1. does batti use more juice than original? i like batti but not if power hog

2. no color icon for "Start" and rest other than bluetooth where do i change that?

3. battery icon does not link and i tried to take it off by swapping with clock using "Advance config" but still there so how do i either restore link to power management app or remove icon on task bar?

4. any alternative to "honeycomb" in Start menu -looks great but getting frustrating when scrolling for apps - i did find where to move app's icon around.

thanks again

1. Not enough to notice.

2. Lisbian taskbars can be found in the main forum.

3. This is normal on 6.5. Gives a larger area to tap on for the close and OK buttons with out bringing up the battery.

4. I have seen a couple in the WM6.5 goodies thread in the i900 forums.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest icefalkon

Anyone else have a problem with the Shokka keyboard? I kept experiencing freezing up of different programs...and knew it was something new I put into the folder to install. So I uninstalled things one at a time...with the keyboard being first and BAM...fixed the freezing...

Great work on this one BW!!!

Guest jagnfly

BW, I am loving this rom, thanks for the hard work and your answers and input not just here but all over the forum, very helpful.

I came across 2 issues that I have not seen posted:

1. In CHomeEditor front page, I can select panels and move them up or down the list, save to the registry, then it would seem after a soft reset the order of the panels on the front would change. Nothing happens. Am I missing something?

2. Favorite Contacts [ATFavePeople] list is created by accessing 'Contacts' when the 'add' button is clicked. It then copies the contact's picture to '\Application Data\ATContacts'. I'm not sure why [ATFavePeople] is set up this way but to me it seems a redundant overuse of space, and if you update the contact's picture it does not get updated on Favorite Contacts. Is there a way to link the 'Favorite Contacts' picture directly to what is saved in 'Contacts'?

J.

Guest blazingwolf
Anyone else have a problem with the Shokka keyboard? I kept experiencing freezing up of different programs...and knew it was something new I put into the folder to install. So I uninstalled things one at a time...with the keyboard being first and BAM...fixed the freezing...

Great work on this one BW!!!

This is one of the problems with keyboards. They all have a problem or 2.

Glad you like the ROM.

Guest blazingwolf
BW, I am loving this rom, thanks for the hard work and your answers and input not just here but all over the forum, very helpful.

I came across 2 issues that I have not seen posted:

1. In CHomeEditor front page, I can select panels and move them up or down the list, save to the registry, then it would seem after a soft reset the order of the panels on the front would change. Nothing happens. Am I missing something?

2. Favorite Contacts [ATFavePeople] list is created by accessing 'Contacts' when the 'add' button is clicked. It then copies the contact's picture to '\Application Data\ATContacts'. I'm not sure why [ATFavePeople] is set up this way but to me it seems a redundant overuse of space, and if you update the contact's picture it does not get updated on Favorite Contacts. Is there a way to link the 'Favorite Contacts' picture directly to what is saved in 'Contacts'?

J.

1. You're probably soft resetting to soon. You have to wait for at least 30 seconds after making changes in the registry for settings to stick. Also, with CHome editor you do not need to soft reset. Use the exit button on the right soft key. This will cause a CHome refresh making all of the changes you just made appear.

2. I didn't make ATFavePeople and couldn't even begin to give you advice on how to make changes like that.

Glad you like the ROM. ;)

Guest eufouria

Tried the AVCRP fix with smart pairing off, no luck, still no audio or button response.

Edited by eufouria

Guest blazingwolf
Tried the AVCRP fix with smart pairing off, no luck, still no audio or button response.

Did you try it before installing the fix with smart pairing off?

Guest jagnfly
1. You're probably soft resetting to soon. You have to wait for at least 30 seconds after making changes in the registry for settings to stick. Also, with CHome editor you do not need to soft reset. Use the exit button on the right soft key. This will cause a CHome refresh making all of the changes you just made appear.

Ah, so I have to Save Order, then wait for it to stick, that worked, thanks.

Guest grondak

BW, love the new ROM phone works great. Couple of questions:

Which keyboard do you use? I've had a couple of issues with the stock Samsung keyboard, mainly that when I end a sentence with an exclamation point or something, then hit the spacebar, the word disappears. I've got all the auto text fix/insert stuff turned off, so I was just wondering which one you like...

Also, when I had the stock ROM I was looking around in the system folder one time and I came across a .exe (can't remember the filename) that apparently allowed me to adjust the receive/transmit gain. The GUI was kind of messed up, so I think it might have been some kind of test program. Because it seemed like some sort of test, I don't think any of the settings were saved when I was playing with it. Would access to that program allow you guys to adjust the receive/transmit gain in a future ROM build? Wish I could remember what the filename was...

Thanks again for all the hard work, v9's awesome!

Guest blazingwolf

New version 10 posted and linked in the first post.

SYS and XIP updated to 23004.

Landscape spacing of Titanium changed.

Added MS3 version. Please remember that you will need a registration number to continue using this version. Titanium has been removed as well as additional support software for it.

Guest blazingwolf
Ah, so I have to Save Order, then wait for it to stick, that worked, thanks.

Yep. You can also just use the exit button. ;)

Guest blazingwolf
BW, love the new ROM phone works great. Couple of questions:

Which keyboard do you use? I've had a couple of issues with the stock Samsung keyboard, mainly that when I end a sentence with an exclamation point or something, then hit the spacebar, the word disappears. I've got all the auto text fix/insert stuff turned off, so I was just wondering which one you like...

Also, when I had the stock ROM I was looking around in the system folder one time and I came across a .exe (can't remember the filename) that apparently allowed me to adjust the receive/transmit gain. The GUI was kind of messed up, so I think it might have been some kind of test program. Because it seemed like some sort of test, I don't think any of the settings were saved when I was playing with it. Would access to that program allow you guys to adjust the receive/transmit gain in a future ROM build? Wish I could remember what the filename was...

Thanks again for all the hard work, v9's awesome!

Glad you like the ROM. ;)

1. I use Spb keyboard (commercial). The stock keyboard has some known issues as do the other Samsung keyboards. You can also try PocketCM keyboard (freeware), Resco Keyboard (commercial) or Fingerkeyboard (freeware).

2. I played with most of the testing software that was included in the orginal ROM. Most of it did not help us unless we had specific tools or items to use them.

Guest tshow84

first off, your ROMs are always the most stable on my phone; they're excellent! i was curious as to whether or not you were contemplating putting in kinetic scrolling in a future release? that's the only thing that i really like about a couple of other ROMs (i tried Adrynalyne's and bgills, both were pretty decent) i didnt feel right asking them for a cab if one even exists and using on a different ROM so i figured that i would ask you. thanks!

Guest blazingwolf
first off, your ROMs are always the most stable on my phone; they're excellent! i was curious as to whether or not you were contemplating putting in kinetic scrolling in a future release? that's the only thing that i really like about a couple of other ROMs (i tried Adrynalyne's and bgills, both were pretty decent) i didnt feel right asking them for a cab if one even exists and using on a different ROM so i figured that i would ask you. thanks!

They are using FTouchSL in their ROM. I wasn't planning on adding it in but I may do so for the next version.

New version 10 posted and linked in the first post.

SYS and XIP updated to 23004.

Landscape spacing of Titanium changed.

Added MS3 version. Please remember that you will need a registration number to continue using this version. Titanium has been removed as well as additional support software for it.

blaze,

was AVCRP fixed in this version10?

noob question: AVCRP - this related to BT stereo headsets also?

i'm still learning v9... learned stuff in utilities - real handy, but how do i delete duplicate icon? - i did "move up / top" and created duplicate icon.

issues i came across, window media player hangs (any recommendation on another media player?) and have to do soft reset to get out of it.

also noticed keyboard does not work on portrait (i was filling out "owner info" page), i have to turn landscape then keyboard works from there on even on portrait... till next time.

will not turn on when off for awhile have to do soft reset, maybe related to "Lock" i set lock / password after an hour of non use - any idea?

thanks again!

Guest PAULB7873

Im having trouble adding contacts to a group. when i make a group and select add member nothing happens.. am i doing something wrong?

Guest jaycarl

Hey Blazingwolf,

Today was the first time ever I came very close to losing my Omnia. When I was looking for it I thought to myself, wouldn't it be nice if I could send it a SMS msg that would prompt it to respond with its approximate location using GPS.

To my surprise there is program like that and its called RemoteTracker.

If you can be so kind as to give me advice on what you think about it, it will be greatly appreciated.

Maybe even one day you can cook it into one of your legendary Roms.