[ROM] blazingwolf Rock and Republic WM6.5 v10

Guest blazingwolf

Guest tmar23
They are using FTouchSL in their ROM. I wasn't planning on adding it in but I may do so for the next version.

+1 I would also like kinetic scrolling cooked into the rom. I have installed it, and it works great.

I have it enabled (even though you are not suppose to), and imo it works better. There is no clicking noise, and it scrolls very smoothly for the most part. The only time it is a little sluggish is when reading an email. Otherwise, it is very smooth.

The first post contains links to the newest version of my ROM. The first post also contains directions on how to flash this ROM. :D

Oh oh....my newbie is showing... ;) ....I downloaded the Samsung Omnia UMDL and i910 firmware suggested at the beginning but windows won't open it. Any ideas as to why?

Guest blazingwolf
blaze,

was AVCRP fixed in this version10?

noob question: AVCRP - this related to BT stereo headsets also?

i'm still learning v9... learned stuff in utilities - real handy, but how do i delete duplicate icon? - i did "move up / top" and created duplicate icon.

issues i came across, window media player hangs (any recommendation on another media player?) and have to do soft reset to get out of it.

also noticed keyboard does not work on portrait (i was filling out "owner info" page), i have to turn landscape then keyboard works from there on even on portrait... till next time.

will not turn on when off for awhile have to do soft reset, maybe related to "Lock" i set lock / password after an hour of non use - any idea?

thanks again!

1. I don't know. I have no way to test it so I rely upon you guys to test. It's a new build so I hope so.

2. Hangs doing what? I have not had any freezes with WMP from use in Titanium or stand alone.

3. Standard Samsung Keyboard has known typing issues. It will type in portrait though. You might need to try shutting the app down and restarting it (the app, not the device).

4. You have a program that is hanging not the ROM. You will need to work to find the culprit. To do this you will need to uninstall one program at a time and see if the issue stops. When it does you have found the issue.

Guest blazingwolf
Im having trouble adding contacts to a group. when i make a group and select add member nothing happens.. am i doing something wrong?

I'm not sure about this as I don't usually have groups to send messages to. I'll have to investigate it.

If someone else knows the answer please feel free to respond. ;)

Guest blazingwolf
Hey Blazingwolf,

Today was the first time ever I came very close to losing my Omnia. When I was looking for it I thought to myself, wouldn't it be nice if I could send it a SMS msg that would prompt it to respond with its approximate location using GPS.

To my surprise there is program like that and its called RemoteTracker.

If you can be so kind as to give me advice on what you think about it, it will be greatly appreciated.

Maybe even one day you can cook it into one of your legendary Roms.

I've never used it so I can't really give you an opinion about the program. You can place it in the XDA_UC folder and it will install automatically for you upon flash or soft reset. ;)

Guest blazingwolf
+1 I would also like kinetic scrolling cooked into the rom. I have installed it, and it works great.

I have it enabled (even though you are not suppose to), and imo it works better. There is no clicking noise, and it scrolls very smoothly for the most part. The only time it is a little sluggish is when reading an email. Otherwise, it is very smooth.

It is nice which is why I have it in my XDA_UC folder. ;)

I will see about adding it though.

Guest blazingwolf
Oh oh....my newbie is showing... ;) ....I downloaded the Samsung Omnia UMDL and i910 firmware suggested at the beginning but windows won't open it. Any ideas as to why?

Are they compressed? Find a program called 7zip and use this to uncompress them.

Guest Rob Storm

BlazingWolf, have you ever done a Neo Plugin for Windows Live? I just flashed one of my omnias to v10 and when I enable the plugin with cHome Editor, it does not match the rest of the theme.

Guest blazingwolf
BlazingWolf, have you ever done a Neo Plugin for Windows Live? I just flashed one of my omnias to v10 and when I enable the plugin with cHome Editor, it does not match the rest of the theme.

Not yet. I hope to get to it soon.

Guest BrianPick
It is nice which is why I have it in my XDA_UC folder. ;)

I will see about adding it though.

Trying 10 now. Just a curiosity, is the Neo theme totally someone's homwbrew ?

Guest Lisbian08

BW, glad to see the MS 3.01 worked. I will be reflashing either tonight or tomorrow. Did you remove the HTC task manager on the MS version since it does not work with MS 3.01. Just wondering, didn't see anything on the first post.

Guest blazingwolf
BW, glad to see the MS 3.01 worked. I will be reflashing either tonight or tomorrow. Did you remove the HTC task manager on the MS version since it does not work with MS 3.01. Just wondering, didn't see anything on the first post.

Last time I checked it does work but the icon does not show in the taskbar when MS3 has focus. Am I wrong about that?

I'm looking at a new task manager anyways so the HTC version might get yanked anyway.

Guest blazingwolf
Trying 10 now. Just a curiosity, is the Neo theme totally someone's homwbrew ?

It was created by greatbal but is based on the TMobile Shadow Smartphone. I have done the porting to get it to work on the Omnia and have been working on getting panels ported over to it.

Guest Lisbian08
Last time I checked it does work but the icon does not show in the taskbar when MS3 has focus. Am I wrong about that?

I'm looking at a new task manager anyways so the HTC version might get yanked anyway.

You are correct, it is basically useless unless you go back to the today screen, and get out of the "Shell".

Guest BrianPick
It was created by greatbal but is based on the TMobile Shadow Smartphone. I have done the porting to get it to work on the Omnia and have been working on getting panels ported over to it.

Well your port is very good. It is way respnsive. More so than the default titanium. Just as a side note, you get a million response but I am the individual who put v9 on his girlfriends phone. The test has been sucessfull. One week in and the only thing she has asked is what I did because her friend is now jealous of her phone. Just putting that out there. I am an IT manager and I know how thankless it is when you work on something not many people understand and have a breakthrough only to find that if you try and relate it to other poeple....the have no way of knowing what you have been through. I will be standing by and providing input on v10 but so far must be going OK cause not alot of post !

Guest blazingwolf
You are correct, it is basically useless unless you go back to the today screen, and get out of the "Shell".

So when you are in a program it should still close them. I will be working on MS3 some more today so I will play with it.

Guest knowseeker

Hi there, you mention needing a registration code for the MS3 Theme- could you point me to where I might get that?

Thanks,

Dave

Looking forward to loading up that v10 with the MS3! Thank you!

Guest blazingwolf
Well your port is very good. It is way respnsive. More so than the default titanium. Just as a side note, you get a million response but I am the individual who put v9 on his girlfriends phone. The test has been sucessfull. One week in and the only thing she has asked is what I did because her friend is now jealous of her phone. Just putting that out there. I am an IT manager and I know how thankless it is when you work on something not many people understand and have a breakthrough only to find that if you try and relate it to other poeple....the have no way of knowing what you have been through. I will be standing by and providing input on v10 but so far must be going OK cause not alot of post !

Well 92 downloads so far and not much said. One can hope huh? :)

Glad you like the ROM. It's great that it is working so well on your girlfriends phone. Besides, it better work or there will be hell to pay for you. ;)

Thanks for letting me know. :D

Guest Lisbian08
Well 92 downloads so far and not much said. One can hope huh? :o

Glad you like the ROM. It's great that it is working so well on your girlfriends phone. Besides, it better work or there will be hell to pay for you. ;)

Thanks for letting me know. :)

I'm with you. No news is good news. :D

Guest BrianPick
Hi there, you mention needing a registration code for the MS3 Theme- could you point me to where I might get that?

Thanks,

Dave

Looking forward to loading up that v10 with the MS3! Thank you!

I belive you have to get that fom SPB (spbsoftwarehouse.com)

BW Sometime, long, long ago in this thread I remeber a guy asking about auto name suggestion when composing email and text etc.... This was corrected by a registry edit that is located on xda developers (forgive for not linking) after that it work but was kind of sloppy. It appears that after the updated system files it is now enabled by default. At least it ws there after my flash to 10. If anyone else has a chance maybe give it a try. What we are talking about is where when compsing a new email it will suggest names from your contact list.

EDIT--- You could also just look at the setting in HKLM\System\Inbox\RecipientAutoComplete The DWORD value MaxSuggestions= must be set to higher than 1. Should be 4 for best results.

In v9 this was set to a vlaue of 0 but it would appear that it is already set to 4 in the new system base. Unless of course PIM back up plugged it in but that has not been the case in the past.

Guest knowseeker

Thanks, will give that a whirl. Wondering if the installed version in the rom will give a trial period before needing the code?

I saw on their site you could download a trial...

Yours,

Dave

I belive you have to get that fom SPB (spbsoftwarehouse.com)

BW Sometime, long, long ago in this thread I remeber a guy asking about auto name suggestion when composing email and text etc.... This was corrected by a registry edit that is located on xda developers (forgive for not linking) after that it work but was kind of sloppy. It appears that after the updated system files it is now enabled by default. At least it ws there after my flash to 10. If anyone else has a chance maybe give it a try. What we are talking about is where when compsing a new email it will suggest names from your contact list.

EDIT--- You could also just look at the setting in HKLM\System\Inbox\RecipientAutoComplete The DWORD value MaxSuggestions= must be set to higher than 1. Should be 4 for best results.

In v9 this was set to a vlaue of 0 but it would appear that it is already set to 4 in the new system base. Unless of course PIM back up plugged it in but that has not been the case in the past.

Guest blazingwolf
I'm with you. No news is good news. ;)

Yep. :D

I have been testing the MS3 version. HTC Task Manager is working just fine for me (yes, I mean with MS3 running and on the screen). Please let me know if it works for you. :)