so who's getting a Touch Pro 2?

Guest Monkeyturnip

Guest womsley
as long as the rumors are true that T-Mobile are launching them under the name of WingII

http://www.intomobile.com/2009/04/22/htc-t...n-the-wild.html

launch in Germany in June and in America on July 22, so hopefully a UK launch around then, my contract is due for re-newal at the end of July so hopefully i wont have to wait long

Ordered mine yesterday from DeviceWire, arrived this morning at 08:00 via CityLink.

Some pics of the device and comparison shots with my old Kaiser:

post-312031-1243413564_thumb.jpg

Powered up with default settings

post-312031-1243413681_thumb.jpg

From the side

post-312031-1243413688_thumb.jpg

From the back

post-312031-1243413714_thumb.jpg

From the Top

post-312031-1243413722_thumb.jpg

From the other side (showing Vol +/-)

post-312031-1243413733_thumb.jpg

From the bottom showing the connection port

post-312031-1243413741_thumb.jpg

The 4 soft keys at the bottom of the screen + Zoombar

post-312031-1243413749_thumb.jpg

Opened out (flat)

post-312031-1243413759_thumb.jpg

Opened out (Tilted)

post-312031-1243413768_thumb.jpg

From the side (tilted)

post-312031-1243413778_thumb.jpg

Side by side with the Kaiser

post-312031-1243413786_thumb.jpg

Side by side with the Kaiser

Guest ripnet

I got mine yesterday from Clove.

So far im very pleased with it.

I upgraded from the Touch Pro, and am loving the larger screen. Its clear and seems nice and sensitive.

The radio reception seems way better than the touch pro - there are only a couple of deadspots on the train to work now (bexleyheath line to London), whereas with the touch pro it was dead for the entire first half of the journey.

The GPS seems to be pretty much the same. It got a fix a bit quicker, but seems to 'wonder' like the touch pro. This is in central london, so multi-path issues are most likely at play. Havent fully tested to see if the lag issue is fixed

The keyboard is great (except the lack of a TAB key - grrrrr), and the whole device feels a lot quicker than the touch pro. I put this down to being a fresh install of WinMob tho... im expecting it to slow down with use.

TouchFlo is still not for me. I find the default WinMob interface just fine, although i would like to be able to choose bits of touch flow that I like (im looing at the new grid start menu). Its all or nothing though.

Slight bug in that if you turn off touch flo, the programs menu is enlarged in landscape mode such that you cannot see the Programs option. Fixed that by deleting the registry entries for the HTCMenu service.

All my software works perfectly with the larger screen, which is nice

All in all, this is looking to be the best phone ive ever owned - its my favourate since the Kaiser (the Touch Pro is very cute, but poor radio performance ruined it for me to a certain extent)

The camera also seems pretty sharp, but not yet tried it indoors in the evening, so cannot really comment on that yet. Love the touch-to-focus feature.

Im also missing the hardware 'enter' button. Im hoping to find some soft to remap the useless windows key to enter (or the useless back key).

Of course, a mini-review wouldnt be complete without the obligatory winge that there is no standard headphone socket

Score so far - 9/10

Guest Loconinja

Currently the number one contender to replace my Kaiser.

I am a bit concerned about the lack of "Tab" and "OK" on the keyboard. I probably use these keys more than any others.

Guest krjcook

Can't Wait to get mine. Hope it comes to T-Mobile USA, this way i save money instead of buying the almost $800 unlocked version. If it doesn't, hello HTC Touch HD or Topaz. Speaking of those 2, which one is better. Is their only a difference in the screen size. I know there's no difference in the guts. Maybe i should get the Omnia, the Pixon 2, Viewty 2, or that Acer phone with the huge screen, Asus has a good one out. But none of these phone have Tmobile 3g. Aaarrrgggh, to many damn decisions. Need to pick before i leave 4 college.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mikeiw

I got mine about an hour ago, and apart from finding that my Tom Tom Nav 6 doesn't work with this device, I'm rather pleased with it & welcome the inclusion of a simple thing like a screen protector. It's a good one too - went on without any bubbles & Caz couldn't even tell there was one installed. ;)

I suspect I will have to upgrade to Nav 7, which I'm informed works with the Pro 2. Can anyone confirm or deny this? :D

Guest vennerr93
I got mine about an hour ago, and apart from finding that my Tom Tom Nav 6 doesn't work with this device, I'm rather pleased with it & welcome the inclusion of a simple thing like a screen protector. It's a good one too - went on without any bubbles & Caz couldn't even tell there was one installed. ;)

I suspect I will have to upgrade to Nav 7, which I'm informed works with the Pro 2. Can anyone confirm or deny this? :D

I got mine yesterday one of the first to get 1 through a vodafone high street. turns out a guy ordered 2 in and failed the credit check so the store kept 2 and i got 1 of them otherwise stores get them on the 26th or 28th july. unless you live in nottingham then go to the victoria centre. and there may be 1 left. :D