Rogers Blackjack II locked up like a jail

Guest Robeon Mew

Guest Robeon Mew

I do not mean sim unlock either. I love my Rogers plan. I am milking Rogers with nice, old plans that are grandfathered to my account.

My issue is this.

Phone: Samsung Blackjack II "JACK" SGH i-616

Carrier: Rogers [AT&T Canada]

MY phone is what I call "application lock". Meaning I am not allowed to download programs such as Google apps, Flexilis, Skype, or use the internal GPS for anyone other than Telenav.

I have tried to use MoDaCo's application unlock tool that is advertised everywhere, however I get a message from the phone stating:

"This application does not have enough permissions to install, or the certificate is invalid. Operation will be cancelled"

I want to use flexilis, looks sexy. I want my damn GPS to work, pardon my french. is there any way to unlock my phone Completely? Like I mean, How may "I" be the administrator? I want permission to download what I want to my phone, and use my GPS how I feel.

Buying a new WinMo phone is last resort, since I like the Samsung's Hardware, But I also have a lot of Online Cab's that need to work properly.

Additionally, I also have an issue where, when I sucsefully install flexilis, It works fine, however, when I turn my phone off and on, for the setting reboot, (Settings installed, would you like to restart?) the phone part of the PDA dies. I may conect calls, however I cannot hear you or say anything to you. When I uninstall Flexilis, and restart, all the phone features return. (that is why i classify flexilis as uninstallable)

any help will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. if i come up with more issues or whatnot, I will reply via replieng to this thread