Bgill55's 6.5 Rom v3.5/ 6.5 3.4 M2D

Guest bga7x

Guest tampaboy1984
until further notice build 23003 is scrapped deemed to be to unstable! I have been working all night and all day on this! Im about to throw my computer through a wall!!

Damn...that sux! Where do you get all this WinMo 6.5 info from?

Guest Carmel Abela

Thanks, Bgill55 !! Killer rom.

Anyone seeing this little issue; the small icon for mms is missing (red/white X). In CHome when you have Phone selected and move left or right the icons are fine, but when you select something else, all the little icons are good except the one for mms messages (i.e. voicemail, email, text..) I tried to investigate using CHome Editor but got cornfused. I noticed in an early screen shot here that the little icons looked fine.

-c

Guest bga7x
Thanks, Bgill55 !! Killer rom.

Anyone seeing this little issue; the small icon for mms is missing (red/white X). In CHome when you have Phone selected and move left or right the icons are fine, but when you select something else, all the little icons are good except the one for mms messages (i.e. voicemail, email, text..) I tried to investigate using CHome Editor but got cornfused. I noticed in an early screen shot here that the little icons looked fine.

-c

can you post a screen shot for me please! use My moblier down load it its free

Guest ChunkDog

First post here :D

First of all, thank you for making such an awesome ROM, your work is truly awesome. Your ROM is the first custom ROM I have used. Made the choice after looking at all the stuff the custom ROMs had to offer, and yours was the most appealing to me. I have no need to switch to a different ROM, sticking with yours bro!

I have found an issue with the main menu hardkey. When it's pressed, I get the error: Error opening the shortcut or locating the target shortcut. Is there a registry key that I can edit to fix this. I have also found that it interferes with the long press used to initiate voice commands. To work around it and get the voice commands to work, I have to press the main menu key, get the error, hit ok to dismiss the error, then long press the main menu key, and it finaly initiates the voice commands.

Also noticed this error with a short press of the camera hardkey. Although the long press always works fine to bring up the camera/video.

Another thing that I have found is total commander makes a mobile version that has zip support, shortcut making, and registry editing built in. Not sure if you would like to add it to future builds, since it's very small, and very usefully.

Thanks again for your amazing work ;)

Edited by ChunkDog

Guest Carmel Abela
can you post a screen shot for me please! use My moblier down load it its free

Done. Looks like it's actually the Mail icon that's missing and not the MMS icon. Thanks for investigating this for me!

-c

post-304714-1246825456_thumb.jpg

Guest kidrocking79
First post here :D

First of all, thank you for making such an awesome ROM, your work is truly awesome. Your ROM is the first custom ROM I have used. Made the choice after looking at all the stuff the custom ROMs had to offer, and yours was the most appealing to me. I have no need to switch to a different ROM, sticking with yours bro!

I have found an issue with the main menu hardkey. When it's pressed, I get the error: Error opening the shortcut or locating the target shortcut. Is there a registry key that I can edit to fix this. I have also found that it interferes with the long press used to initiate voice commands. To work around it and get the voice commands to work, I have to press the main menu key, get the error, hit ok to dismiss the error, then long press the main menu key, and it finaly initiates the voice commands.

Also noticed this error with a short press of the camera hardkey. Although the long press always works fine to bring up the camera/video.

Another thing that I have found is total commander makes a mobile version that has zip support, shortcut making, and registry editing built in. Not sure if you would like to add it to future builds, since it's very small, and very usefully.

Thanks again for your amazing work ;)

Agreed there brother.. I stuck w/ Gill since his roms are da shiznit. For your problem w/ the buttons, go to start/settings/personal/buttons and map the programs / actions you want the keypresses to run / do.

Guest passionsista

;) Nice Rom!! This is my first time saying something here and I have to say that I am impressed with this ROM. I have tried others but yours is my fave. I am quite impressed with the amount of space that is with this ROM and so I am installing my many apps with ease. Keep up the good work!! I will be looking out for the other upgrades :D .

Guest kidrocking79
The SYS was Fubar!!!!

Im getting ROM version V.bg26.2182 when I download your m2d 3.1 ? I'm checking it in Settings/system/about

Guest bga7x
Im getting ROM version V.bg26.2182 when I download your m2d 3.1 ? I'm checking it in Settings/system/about

Yeah i forgot to change the txt file, it doesnt effect the rom at all! before it said n/a

3.2 uploading!!!

Guest bga7x
i flashed to your new md2 rom and its really slow and buggy. just letten ya know.

well you are the first to report that! thanks for the heads up though!

Guest bga7x
well i reflashed and didnt use pim back up this time. and its working ok. might have been something i did.

rule of thumb never back up from and older rom, settings and reg edits have been made your back up will clash 95% of time, the only thing i back up is contacts i keep what i need to install on my storage. im up and running after a flash no more than 5 mins

Guest RwP1138

I like the new welcome wallpaper thing it reminds me of thundercats

great job lion-o

second i don't know what you did in the last rom to this one but i was getting crazy mad signal and now its back to normal

lastly i'm flashing techmasters rom later tonight and if i like it he will get a post

unless yod don't want it techmaster becasue I have been

BANNED IN THE U.K.

boxbanned3.jpg

Edited by RwP1138

Guest jaycemil

Ok, I'm throwing in the towel and posting. I've been using this awesome rom v3.0 M2D at the moment, and I've been plagued with lockups. Since no one else seems to be reporting this I'm assuming it is either hardware related or something I'm installing. I've rolled back to running the stock v3.0 M2D rom and Verizon's wireless sync to sync mail with an exchange server. The damn thing is stable for hours sitting on a table at home but the minute I take the phone with me it'll lock up within the next couple of minutes to hours. I'm pulling my hair out. Can anyone either give me a hint as to where to look next or confirm that the wireless sync works for them? Anyone else seeing lockups?

Guest sessionthree
Anyone else seeing lockups?

I started getting lockups at 3.1 and I've had one in 3.2 so far. I've been trying to troubleshoot it, but I'm really not sure what's causing it. I skipped bgill55's 3.0 rom and used blazingwolf's rom during that time, so I can't comment on 3.0. (These are the non M2D versions, btw.)